Michael Sam, a College Football Standout, Says He Is Gay

Harley

oh cool a religion fight, IM IN!

so for fun, all those christians in the house who are totally sure god hates gay people and its wrong because of one non-specific line in the bible, you know, the one written by a bunch of dudes who never met Jesus(pronounced the spanish way for comedic releif). how is it you all get to look past these gems while you grab your rainbow pitch forks?

el bible:

Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions.

SHIT! he even called all of your bullshit ahead of time:

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

YOUR teachings, YOUR beleifs, YOUR bible, YOUR religion stats to not judge, that all men created by god are equal human beings, and that it is not your place to judge them and that YOU are to treat everyone as equals.

yet you sit here and judge and treat homosexuals and other relions as 2nd class citizens. it is a joke and you make a mockery of your own "faith". you use your relion to pat yourself on the back and tell yourself you are a good person, yet you stand for nothing that your religion stands for.

you are an embarassment to your reliion and to good human beings everywhere.

we have at least halfa  dozen religions on this board, plus athiests and agnostics, how no one sees the irony in hiding behind faith to belittle or scorn another human being is something that has driven me away from religion for a long time. Everyone has a right to their beleifs, let it be.

a bigot is a bigot regardless of why they are a bigot. and hate to tell you, there are no righteous bigots...just bigots..

oh shit, y'all going to hell:

But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

Andy Dalton is your brother, Go....

oh shit, y'all going to hell:

But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

I think we should get Bob Bratkowski's feelings on all of this. In all seriousness, I really don't think we were speaking about religion at all. Go read it again. 

oh cool a religion fight, IM IN!

so for fun, all those christians in the house who are totally sure god hates gay people and its wrong because of one non-specific line in the bible, you know, the one written by a bunch of dudes who never met Jesus(pronounced the spanish way for comedic releif). how is it you all get to look past these gems while you grab your rainbow pitch forks?

el bible:

Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions.

SHIT! he even called all of your bullshit ahead of time:

For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths.

YOUR teachings, YOUR beleifs, YOUR bible, YOUR religion stats to not judge, that all men created by god are equal human beings, and that it is not your place to judge them and that YOU are to treat everyone as equals.

yet you sit here and judge and treat homosexuals and other relions as 2nd class citizens. it is a joke and you make a mockery of your own "faith". you use your relion to pat yourself on the back and tell yourself you are a good person, yet you stand for nothing that your religion stands for.

you are an embarassment to your reliion and to good human beings everywhere.

we have at least halfa  dozen religions on this board, plus athiests and agnostics, how no one sees the irony in hiding behind faith to belittle or scorn another human being is something that has driven me away from religion for a long time. Everyone has a right to their beleifs, let it be.

a bigot is a bigot regardless of why they are a bigot. and hate to tell you, there are no righteous bigots...just bigots..

Anyone who thinks God hates gay people does not know what they are talking about.

God loves all people (except maybe stealers fans). 

But God does call homosexuality a sin.

And pride.

And hate of people.

And adultery.

And fornication

And so on.

God does not send gay people to hell.  He allows people who choose not to obey him to be separated from him in eternity.

If you don't want to spend your life loving God, why would you want to spend your "afterlife" loving him?

I hate fat people too, whoever said that.

Rosie O'Donnell and Kirstie Ally.

The good thing about this discussion is I continue to realize I will be going to Heaven to hang with the big guy.  I will send the rest of you sinners G-Mail (God mail obviously) and see how you are doing while you toil in purgatory for centuries.

Obviously, Hell has a FIREWALL that won't let me communicate with Sois.

That's nonsense. In those interview with teams, they are going to ask about his family, his upbringing and his home life. That is a perfect way to casually bring up your orientation if you feel the need to. Instead, he decided to make himself a deity for the gay community.

just stop dude, you're embarassing himself.  Multilple Missouri coaches have said "Is Michael Sam gay?" was the first question asked by more than one NFL team.   

It was going to come out. There were already multiple rumors floating around the internet. I don't know why you have such a problem with the fact that HE chose to be the one  to say such a deep, and personal fact about himself.

just stop dude, you're embarassing himself.  Multilple Missouri coaches have said "Is Michael Sam gay?" was the first question asked by more than one NFL team.   

It was going to come out. There were already multiple rumors floating around the internet. I don't know why you have such a problem with the fact that HE chose to be the one  to say such a deep, and personal fact about himself.

it's not really that for MS as much as he is trying to mask it like it is.. 

The real problem is just the fact that the dude is gay....period...

He chose to tell the world something that most never cared to know. He could have sent a memo to all 32 teams to clear that up. He chose to let everyone in on the intimate details of what goes on in his bedroom. It's narcissism on steroids. He wants to be a pioneer or a martyr or whatever, and it's transparently shallow. Be gay, no one cares, move on. 

Sidebar here: All of us here could admit that there are many more players in sports who are homosexuals. Their teammates know it, their coaches know it, etc. Has it occurred to anyone on here that maybe, just maybe, the fact that we don't know about it has to do with them having no desire to tell the world about their personal lives? It seems like a reasonable conclusion, although I see reason isn't tolerated when it comes to discussing these touchy subjects. 

Sincerely,

Bigot (according to anyone with a different point of view)

He chose to tell the world something that most never cared to know. He could have sent a memo to all 32 teams to clear that up. He chose to let everyone in on the intimate details of what goes on in his bedroom. It's narcissism on steroids. He wants to be a pioneer or a martyr or whatever, and it's transparently shallow. Be gay, no one cares, move on. 

Sidebar here: All of us here could admit that there are many more players in sports who are homosexuals. Their teammates know it, their coaches know it, etc. Has it occurred to anyone on here that maybe, just maybe, the fact that we don't know about it has to do with them having no desire to tell the world about their personal lives? It seems like a reasonable conclusion, although I see reason isn't tolerated when it comes to discussing these touchy subjects. 

Sincerely,

Bigot (according to anyone with a different point of view)

you continue to be completely oblivious to why he did what he did.

If you haven't read this already, read it.  And if you have, you really need to read it again.

http://www.outsports.com/2014/2/9/5396036/michael-sam-gay-football-player-missouri-nfl-draft

you continue to be completely oblivious to why he did what he did.

If you haven't read this already, read it.  And if you have, you really need to read it again.

http://www.outsports.com/2014/2/9/5396036/michael-sam-gay-football-player-missouri-nfl-draft

By your argument, you're saying he had no other good option available to him. Scheduling an interview with a gay news publication, granting interviews to the NYT and ESPN, and telling them all he is a proud gay man (like any one cares) was really his only good option? Sheesh, if only all last-remaining options could be so profitable. 

By your argument, you're saying he had no other good option available to him. Scheduling an interview with a gay news publication, granting interviews to the NYT and ESPN, and telling them all he is a proud gay man (like any one cares) was really his only good option? Sheesh, if only all last-remaining options could be so profitable. 

ok, what would you have done?

You're an idiot. An oblivious ignorant idiot.

ok, what would you have done?

I've stated it before in some of my other posts. He could have sent a memo to all 32 teams, he could have gone to the combine and spoken about it during the interview portion (which coincided with his original timing all along). So what if it was the worst kept secret? if he was open and honest about (if he chose to be) when his personal life/backstory was brought up by the media/NFL executives, they would treat him no differently than they are now. Two week's notice wasn't going to prevent a team from leaving him on their board. As an NFL executive, I'd have much more respect for a guy who was willing to look me in the eye and say it, as opposed to a pre-planned, hand-picked, choreographed announcement. I want a genuine person on my team, not someone undergoing media-training in order to make their "big announcement".

I've stated it before in some of my other posts. He could have sent a memo to all 32 teams, he could have gone to the combine and spoken about it during the interview portion (which coincided with his original timing all along). So what if it was the worst kept secret? if he was open and honest about (if he chose to be) when his personal life/backstory was brought up by the media/NFL executives, they would treat him no differently than they are now. Two week's notice wasn't going to prevent a team from leaving him on their board. As an NFL executive, I'd have much more respect for a guy who was willing to look me in the eye and say it, as opposed to a pre-planned, hand-picked, choreographed announcement. I want a genuine person on my team, not someone undergoing media-training in order to make their "big announcement".

you're dodging the question.

Multiple journalists are sniffing around the story.  A story that will for certain go national because, its kind of a big deal.  You don't have time to wait for the combine.  It's a miracle it was kept quiet as long as it was.

Do you sit back and let others break the story, or do you make the announcement yourself before anyone and everyone can write whatever they want about you?

You're not at all thinking about this logically.  You're naive to how you think teams would handle the knowledge, and you're completely oblivious to the public portion of this.  

This wasn't just about the 32 teams you could have sent a memo to.  This was going to be a NATIONAL Story, a story about your life on the most personal level.  

Do you tell your story, or do you let the media make up your story?

Multiple journalists are sniffing around the story.  A story that will for certain go national because, its kind of a big deal.  You don't have time to wait for the combine.  It's a miracle it was kept quiet as long as it was.

Do you sit back and let others break the story, or do you make the announcement yourself before anyone and everyone can write whatever they want about you?

You're not at all thinking about this logically.  You're naive to how you think teams would handle the knowledge, and you're completely oblivious to the public portion of this.  

This wasn't just about the 32 teams you could have sent a memo to.  This was going to be a NATIONAL Story, a story about your life on the most personal level.  

His entire team at Mizzou already knew so yeah, might as well get it out there officially.

This thing is getting way over blown...err blown out of proportion....I mean....who gives a crap.   

Your assuming that everyone in the world has the right to know that you are a confirmed homosexual? Why do they have the right?

Once again, i stated, if the media asks you something about your personal life/background, he has every right to flatly tell them? He's not trying to hide it after all.

How is it naive to think teams will look at him no differently because he has waited to tell them about it face to face? Once again, he's not hiding anything. Instead, it will come up under more natural circumstances, rather than his agents throwing him a big gay party, and then sitting down for 3 pre-planned interviews with a crafted message. For God's sake, it's his life story, why does he need to be trained on how to tell it? 

As to your last question, my story isn't important enough to tell and neither is his. 

Archived