ANOTHER Cool Draft Website (Mark II)

Your score is: 4019 (Drafting Ability: A-, Player Quality A-, Future Draft Picks: N/A) 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 32 (SEA): Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 2 Pick 23: Ahmad Dixon, SS, Baylor (A-)
Round 2 Pick 32 (SEA): Adrian Hubbard, OLB, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 24: Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A)
Round 4 Pick 23: Bashaud Breeland, CB, Clemson (A)
Round 5 Pick 24: Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia (A)
Round 6 Pick 23: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers (A)
Round 7 Pick 24: De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon (B+)

Not bad, Bengals had 11th best draft of all 32 teams in this scenario.

The real Bryan Stork and Adrian Hubbard will be available in round 5 or 6.

I'd be surprised if Stork makes it past round 4.

I thought he looked overmatched at the senior bowl practices. He wasn't strong enough to stone the bull rush and not agile enough to recover on basic swims or spins. I don't understand the love. Not to mention there will, in all probability, NOT be a change at C this year.

I thought he looked overmatched at the senior bowl practices. He wasn't strong enough to stone the bull rush and not agile enough to recover on basic swims or spins. I don't understand the love. Not to mention there will, in all probability, NOT be a change at C this year.

I'm thing the same thing now after reading up on the top centers. The only one that seems to have an ounce of strength is Marcus Martin.

Plus he has some versatility having played G until this past year. Overall, I'm not very impressed with any of the C's but Martin is my favorite, if I had to choose.

Not a fan of Swanson or Richburg?  What are your thoughts on them - I haven't watched much video but think they're right up there with Martin. 

I haven't seen much of Martin at all and have only had him on my radar since he was suddenly mentioned in the last couple of weeks by Mel Kiper, et. al.  (Curious his zero lack of mention on this site and his late round rating elsewhere until very recently, no?).

That said, I fear that with a couple of exceptions, and given our other needs, there is no one in the draft worth taking. Knowing how much we hold back rookies to begin with, I just don't see a Center, short of a true first or second round talent-level guy, getting the nod from the coaches - no matter how much better than Cook he may be.

These draft sites we've been playing around with, though somewhat silly (and really kind of fun), have been useful to drive home one singular point:  If we need an OT, DE, and CB, we are only going to have 2 shots to get decent guys in the first and second. And if looking closely at how those three positions fall, we'll be lucky to get a decent prospect at even one of those positions in the 2nd.  The drop-off is pretty big after around picks 40-50.

I've seen a lot of questionable doubting of AC in these parts lately, but IMO if we can get him at any kind of reasonable price it's a no-brainer.  MJ even starts to look a lot more attractive and worth some money when taking into account this year's (relatively weak) DE class.

Thankfully, the last few years the team has been quite active in FA before the draft, signing guys in areas of need so that at the very least we have serviceable solutions that allow us the flexibility of taking BPA early. 

My dream scenario would have us getting Alex Mack, but given the other realities I just don't see that happening.  So I'm going to hope that someone already available (Pollak, TJ Johnson, Robinson) can overtake him.

After that, I'd want to resign AC, and make the best reasonable offer we can to MJ, and hope that the market doesn't overvalue him.

Then go out and take BPA in the first.  If that's a CB, great.  If not, I'll happily go BPA, with the caveat be that we get true play-makers on either side of the ball.  Right now those guys include Aaron Donald, Calvin Pryor, Lemarcus Joyner and someone who can replace the role James Harrison was supposed to provide (Van Noy, Dee Ford, Attachou)

Not a fan of Swanson or Richburg?  What are your thoughts on them - I haven't watched much video but think they're right up there with Martin. 

I didn't watch the Senior Bowl where apparently Swanson didn't impress.

That said, I did watch several of his games last season, including against LSU and 'bama and he definitely impressed me with his strength and power and ability to seal.  He was the consensus top Center going into and through the season, and his onfield play - that I saw - seemed to back that up.  The dog and pony show is always fun at the end of the year, but I'm also somewhat skeptical of putting too much emphasis on it, versus the actual games when you can see a guy dominating.

Cyril Richardson is another example of a guy who was mentioned as a first rounder and after the senior bowl is now being talked about in the third.  Analysts question why he played so much better in games.  Well, I'd rather have a guy who plays when the lights are on.

Neither seems to have the upper body strength of Martin. Richburg is always on the ground and his Alabama game looks adequate but probably because CSU was lining up 6-7 OLinemen on the majority of offensive snaps. Swanson looks ok but he was brutalized by Johnson and Ferguson in the LSU game. He seems to be a "lunger", meaning he doesn't do a good job of setting his feet before engaging guys at the point.

On the other hand, Martin was VERY impressive against Louis Nix, which admittedly is the only game I've seen of his thus far. He also showed a great ability to seriously disrupt his first engagement i.e. DT and get to the second level.

But again, I don't think they take a C at any point in the draft.

That said, I did watch several of his games last season, including against LSU and 'bama and he definitely impressed me with his strength and power and ability to seal.  He was the consensus top Center going into and through the season, and his onfield play - that I saw - seemed to back that up.  The dog and pony show is always fun at the end of the year, but I'm also somewhat skeptical of putting too much emphasis on it, versus the actual games when you can see a guy dominating.

Cyril Richardson is another example of a guy who was mentioned as a first rounder and after the senior bowl is now being talked about in the third.  Analysts question why he played so much better in games.  Well, I'd rather have a guy who plays when the lights are on.

Swanson was not good in the LSU game, at all.

These draft sites we've been playing around with, though somewhat silly (and really kind of fun), have been useful to drive home one singular point:  If we need an OT, DE, and CB, we are only going to have 2 shots to get decent guys in the first and second. And if looking closely at how those three positions fall, we'll be lucky to get a decent prospect at even one of those positions in the 2nd.  The drop-off is pretty big after around picks 40-50.

I've seen a lot of questionable doubting of AC in these parts lately, but IMO if we can get him at any kind of reasonable price it's a no-brainer.  MJ even starts to look a lot more attractive and worth some money when taking into account this year's (relatively weak) DE class.

I agree.  I assume the truth (as it stands now) might be somewhere between the two mock sites.  I'm interested to see how the combine shakes up the rankings on these mock sites.  I know one updates on Tuesdays and am wondering if the other updates often.

As of now, if these sites are worth anything other than entertainment it's pretty damn clear that the top 2 (maybe 3) CBs are going to be premium picks to get our hands on by pick 24.  Looks like there may be an OT/OG available but I'm not sure we'd spend a 1st rounder on one.  I'm hoping we don't have to if we can bring Collins back.  DE is top heavy and lots of the picks seem to be better 3-4 fits.  The one thing I like is that there still should a quality player around at 24 although I would love to move down lower in the first and pick up a 3rd unless there's someone special sitting there for us.

AC seems like he could still get a reasonable deal to stay although LT deals aren't generally reasonable.  As for MJ - I'd like to have him back and am curious if Suggs contract will help.  A 4-yr $28.5M deal seems like a good starting point for MJ, which is actually lower than the 5yr $40M average from last season, but would give more guaranteed money post-Franchise tag then his offer last year.  Other than age, I can't see much MJ has in his corner against Suggs for negotiating a bigger deal.

Edit:  Just saw here http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nfl/rumors/post?id=18159 and here http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2237/terrell-suggs that Suggs deal was 5 years $28.5M (not the 4 years I originally read).  If so, that's less than a $6M average a year.  I think this helps tremendously with the MJ negotiations.  Looks like DE's might come cheap again this offseason??

I havent been able to get that site to come up lately for some reason.  Keep getting an error.

Anyone else experiencing the same? 

Try Chrome

Round 1 Pick 24: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 30 (N.E.): Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 24: Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 6 (CLE): Pierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood (B)
Round 4 Pick 23: Jimmie Ward, SS, Northern Illinois (A)
Round 4 Pick 27 (CLE): Will Clarke, DE, West Virginia (A-)
Round 5 Pick 24: Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A)
Round 6 Pick 23: DeDe Lattimore, ILB, South Florida (A-)
Round 7 Pick 3 (CLE): Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana (B+)
Round 7 Pick 24: Devon Kennard, OLB, Southern California (A-)

Not a bad haul, although less than half would actually make the team ...

Round 1 Pick 31 (DEN): Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville (A)
Round 2 Pick 26 (N.O.): Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 1 (HOU): Will Sutton, DT, Arizona State (A)
Round 3 Pick 27 (N.O.): Terrance Mitchell, CB, Oregon (A-)
Round 4 Pick 14 (JAX): C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa (B+)
Round 4 Pick 16 (MIA): Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU (A-)
Round 4 Pick 26 (N.O.): Ahmad Dixon, SS, Baylor (A)
Round 4 Pick 31 (DEN): Jeremy Hill, RB, LSU (A)
Round 5 Pick 1 (HOU): Ego Ferguson, DT, LSU (A)
Round 5 Pick 24: Jordan Tripp, OLB, Montana (A)
Round 5 Pick 25 (S.D.): James Gayle, DE, Virginia Tech (B)
Round 5 Pick 27 (N.O.): Devin Street, WR, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 6 Pick 1 (HOU): Ronald Powell, OLB, Florida (C+)
Round 6 Pick 23: James Wilder Jr., RB, Florida State (A)
Round 6 Pick 26 (N.O.): George Uko, DT, Southern California (A)
Round 7 Pick 24: Michael Campanaro, WR, Wake Forest (B)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 28 (CAR): Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville (A)
Round 2 Pick 25 (S.D.): Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 2 Pick 30 (N.E.): Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 7 (CLE): Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 24: Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State (A)
Round 4 Pick 4 (T.B.): Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin (B+)
Round 4 Pick 13 (NYG): Jaylen Watkins, CB, Florida (B+)
Round 4 Pick 23: Ahmad Dixon, SS, Baylor (A)
Round 4 Pick 28 (CAR): Jordan Tripp, OLB, Montana (A-)
Round 5 Pick 24: Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU (A)
Round 5 Pick 28 (CAR): James Gayle, DE, Virginia Tech (B)
Round 6 Pick 24 (K.C.): Jalen Saunders, WR, Oklahoma (B-)
Round 7 Pick 24: Gator Hoskins, FB, Marshall (C)
Round 7 Pick 28 (S.F.): Hakeem Smith, SS, Louisville (C)

Thanks for turning me on to this really cool and fun website. I've played it a hundred times (at least) in the past week. The trade aspect is addicting- I make it a practice to shun overtures from  the other AFC North teams. The site recently updated its'  player rankings ( e.g.,Ahmed Dixon down/Jordan Zumwalt up). I go for the highest score rather than the ideal Bengals draft, but the highest scoring drafts tend to look pretty good. I have also come to the conclusion that the guys at First-pick.com rely heavily on the player rankings at Nfldraftscout.com.  

Mayoch said it best, the only thing Cyril Richardson has going for him is years and years of outstanding game tape. Anyone familiar with his play knew he wasn't going to blow up the combine by running a 5 second 40, and if he's now projected to fall in this draft due to a number of OT's kicking inside then so much the better.  Better players and more options is a good thing.

Mayoch said it best, the only thing Cyril Richardson has going for him is years and years of outstanding game tape. Anyone familiar with his play knew he wasn't going to blow up the combine by running a 5 second 40, and if he's now projected to fall in this draft due to a number of OT's kicking inside then so much the better.  Better players and more options is a good thing.

That's one thing we've done with guys like Hawkinson - gone for someone that played at a high level in a good conference despite stock being down at the combine.

Anyone else notice it's much harder to get high scores? I was consistently getting around 4400-4600 and noes its prey imossible to Preakness 4100...?

This is almost all A's, following their top 3 needs (for the most part)... (Holy defense!). Not sure what the hang up is. I've done the trade for a million picks route but inevitably you draft someone without an A value with 15 picks. This seems realistic to trade back once...

Your score is: 4011 (Drafting Ability: A-, Player Quality A-, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 29 (N.E.): Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville (A)
Round 2 Pick 23: Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 2 Pick 30 (N.E.): Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young (A)
Round 3 Pick 24: Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin (A)
Round 4 Pick 23: Jaylen Watkins, CB, Florida (A)
Round 5 Pick 24: Vinnie Sunseri, SS, Alabama (A-)
Round 6 Pick 23: Brett Smith, QB, Wyoming (A)
Round 7 Pick 24: Kevin Norwood, WR, Alabama (A)

Anyone else notice it's much harder to get high scores? I was consistently getting around 4400-4600 and noes its prey imossible to Preakness 4100...?

This is almost all A's, following their top 3 needs (for the most part)... (Holy defense!). Not sure what the hang up is. I've done the trade for a million picks route but inevitably you draft someone without an A value with 15 picks. This seems realistic to trade back once...

Your score is: 4011 (Drafting Ability: A-, Player Quality A-, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 29 (N.E.): Calvin Pryor, FS, Louisville (A)
Round 2 Pick 30 (N.E.): Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young (A)
Round 4 Pick 23: Jaylen Watkins, CB, Florida (A)
Round 5 Pick 24: Vinnie Sunseri, SS, Alabama (A-)
Round 6 Pick 23: Brett Smith, QB, Wyoming (A)
Round 7 Pick 24: Kevin Norwood, WR, Alabama (A)

Seems like too much defense in this draft.  We balance O and D a lot better most years.

Must have redone the scoring. Was never even above 4650 before. Now top 10 for Bengals drafts...

Your score is: 5467 (Drafting Ability: A, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 29 (S.F.): Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (A)
Round 2 Pick 31 (DEN): Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 24: Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State (A)
Round 4 Pick 23: Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU (A)
Round 5 Pick 24: Andre Williams, RB, Boston College (A)
Round 6 Pick 23: TJ Jones, WR, Notre Dame (A)
Round 7 Pick 24: Walt Aikens, CB, Liberty (A)

Must have redone the scoring. Was never even above 4650 before. Now top 10 for Bengals drafts...

Your score is: 5467 (Drafting Ability: A, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 29 (S.F.): Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (A)
Round 2 Pick 31 (DEN): Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 24: Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State (A)
Round 4 Pick 23: Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU (A)
Round 5 Pick 24: Andre Williams, RB, Boston College (A)
Round 6 Pick 23: TJ Jones, WR, Notre Dame (A)
Round 7 Pick 24: Walt Aikens, CB, Liberty (A)

Well, with that draft it's hard to see how you wouldn't get some kind of top score, if you're just looking at value of prospects.  For the Bengals, obviously, CB, OG/T, and DE are missing.  Why not avoid the double dip at RB and S?

Given the recent news that we are trying in earnest to re-sign both MJ and AC (and with the cap increase) I played a round without going after a DE or OT.  Pretty much a fantasy draft for me:

Your score is: 4857 (Drafting Ability: B+, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 5 (ATL): Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 2 Pick 23: Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech (A-)
Round 2 Pick 30 (N.E.): Kyle Van Noy, OLB, Brigham Young (A)
Round 3 Pick 4 (ATL): Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor (B+)
Round 3 Pick 24: Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 25 (S.D.): Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State (A)
Round 4 Pick 23: Marcus Martin, C, Southern California (A)
Round 5 Pick 24: Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech (A-)
Round 6 Pick 23: Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley (B)
Round 7 Pick 24: Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (C)

Assuming we re-sign AC and MJ, I'd be happy with this draft.

Your score is: 3701 (Drafting Ability: C+, Player Quality B, Future Draft Picks: N/A) 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 24: Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (B+)
Round 2 Pick 23: Keith McGill, CB, Utah (C+)
Round 3 Pick 24: C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Iowa (B-)
Round 4 Pick 23: Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia (A-)
Round 5 Pick 24: Andre Williams, RB, Boston College (A)
Round 6 Pick 23: Denicos Allen, OLB, Michigan State (A-)
Round 7 Pick 24: De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon (C+)

Did one according to what I thought was the site's BPA, not mine (though some were), just to see what would happen. That's like two years worth of drafts. If only we could get these kind of highway robbery trades:

Your score is: 5340 (Drafting Ability: A, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 2 (WASH): Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (A)
Round 2 Pick 23: Jimmie Ward, SS, Northern Illinois (A)
Round 3 Pick 4 (ATL): Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington (A)
Round 3 Pick 6 (JAX): Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 26 (IND): Keith McGill, CB, Utah (A-)
Round 4 Pick 23: Marcus Martin, C, Southern California (A)
Round 5 Pick 7 (ATL): Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor (A)
Round 5 Pick 20 (ARI): Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia (A)
Round 5 Pick 22 (PHI): Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami (Fla.) (B-)
Round 5 Pick 24: Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech (B+)
Round 6 Pick 6 (ATL): Ronald Powell, OLB, Florida (A-)
Round 6 Pick 23: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers (A)
Round 7 Pick 24: Jeff Janis, WR, Saginaw Valley (A)

Took several days off, but thought I'd try another - unrealistic, but would result in a ton of depth. Traded down 3 times and still had a choice between Fuller, Joyner and Verrett. Went with Fuller, followed him with a solid safety in Bucannon and still got McGill as well in the 4th. Got the top-rated saC in Swanson and my top-pick among 2nd-tier QB's in Mettenberger. The "game" didn't like Williams that early, but with Hyde gone, I still got one of the two big backs I wanted. Hard to believe Borland would be there in the late 4th. Martin is an End in the Bengals tradition and I really like Ellis at DT. Lakembo is solid at OLB that late in the draft despite what the game thinks and L'Damien Washington in the 7th round is ridiculous even if the game thinks its only a C+ pick. I think there will be an opportunity to deal down at 24 with someone that likes a pickup couple of premium picks and still get a very solid CB.

I would take this draft all day long, but I'm not sure that anyone other than possibly Lakembo will be there when I took them here.

Round 2 Pick 13 (DET): Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech ( B)
Round 2 Pick 23: Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State (A)
Round 3 Pick 2 (WASH): Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (A)
Round 3 Pick 12 (DET): Andre Williams, RB, Boston College (C-)
Round 3 Pick 20 (ARI): Zach Mettenberger, QB, LSU (B-)
Round 4 Pick 2 (WASH): Kareem Martin, DE, North Carolina (A)
Round 4 Pick 23: Keith McGill, CB, Utah (A)
Round 5 Pick 24: Justin Ellis, DT, Louisiana Tech (A)
Round 6 Pick 23: Boseko Lokombo, OLB, Oregon (E)
Round 7 Pick 24: L'Damian Washington, WR, Missouri (C+)

Archived