Artrell Hawkins...

Tell you all what, I think Cincy fans take this shit more seriously than other fanbases. From living in Baltimore, ravens fans and org are collectively pretending the rice thing didn't happen. Frankly, I wish we bengals fans did the same. They just seem so much happier not focusing on such things, whereas we all circle jerk to shit like pacman from last offseason endlessly.

Tell you all what, I think Cincy fans take this shit more seriously than other fanbases. From living in Baltimore, ravens fans and org are collectively pretending the rice thing didn't happen. Frankly, I wish we bengals fans did the same. They just seem so much happier not focusing on such things, whereas we all circle jerk to shit like pacman from last offseason endlessly.

Well if Roger tosses Rice off of the team for life, they might take this more seriously.

Shame.

Once the cops are called in a domestic case someone has to be arrested.  Since the wife called the cops Artrell was going to be arrested whether he did anything or not.

So wait for the facts to come out before judging someone.

That's not how it works. The police investigate the incident and see if there was an actual crime that occurred. If there is enough evidence that a crime occurred they then arrest the aggressor of the two. Females get arrested as many times as males in domestic violence cases.

That's not how it works. The police investigate the incident and see if there was an actual crime that occurred. If there is enough evidence that a crime occurred they then arrest the aggressor of the two. Females get arrested as many times as males in domestic violence cases.

Furthermore, if there is no proof of any physical act or any other witnesses, these things typically don't move forward.  There always has to be some type of evidence or warrant to arrest someone LEGALLY. 

Having worked with domestic cases almost every single day / week for about 7 years, I would say it is off-base.  I need to pre-face this by stating this occurred on a military installation.  By and large, with very few exceptions, the male was arrested / removed from the house.  Even with overwhelming evidence to suggest otherwise.

Having also talked with civilian enforcement, there is still a majority of males who do this and not usually the women.

https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/usermanuals/domesticviolence/domesticviolencec.cfm

An estimated 85 to 90 percent of domestic violence victims are female.

Rennison, C. M., & Welchans, S. (2000). Intimate partner violence. (Special Report NCJ 178247). Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Justice; Tjaden, P., & Thoennes, N. (2000). Extent, nature and consequences of intimate partner violence: Findings from the National Violence Against Women Survey. (NCJ 181867). Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Justice; Rennison C. M. (2001). Intimate partner violence and age of victim, 1999. (Special Report NCJ 187635). Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Justice.

Stupid post. Rice was hurt for a good part of the year and never had any kind of oline to speak of, he's still a good back.

he was healthy to start the year, blew balls, then got hurt and sucked after. he was horrendous when he started healthy. he has a big cap hit and his backup can provide what he provides at this point. I love Ray Rice, but he's on the major downside of his career.

he was healthy to start the year, blew balls, then got hurt and sucked after. he was horrendous when he started healthy. he has a big cap hit and his backup can provide what he provides at this point. I love Ray Rice, but he's on the major downside of his career.

nothing about this post is true

Mike & mike said the cap hit comes if he's released. The way his contract is worded.

Mike & mike said the cap hit comes if he's released. The way his contract is worded.

There is ZERO reason to release him other than public pressure.   They will definitely pray that if he did knock her out (and police say they do have THAT video) Roger will step in and lower the boom.  The Falcons took a $7 mil cap hit when they released Vick instead of letting it go thru the process. 

Its a tough call for them.  There will be a lot of pressure to release him if this thing has legs and until Roger does something (I have to think this is a suspension regardless if it was a first offense) they will have to pay him.   Glad its them.

There is ZERO reason to release him other than public pressure.   They will definitely pray that if he did knock her out (and police say they do have THAT video) Roger will step in and lower the boom.  The Falcons took a $7 mil cap hit when they released Vick instead of letting it go thru the process. 

Its a tough call for them.  There will be a lot of pressure to release him if this thing has legs and until Roger does something (I have to think this is a suspension regardless if it was a first offense) they will have to pay him.   Glad its them.

Not sure about zero reason comment. Ravens claimed the reason he didnt play much vs us. Is he flat out refused to pick up the blitzer

Not sure about zero reason comment. Ravens claimed the reason he didnt play much vs us. Is he flat out refused to pick up the blitzer

Yeah I was commenting purely from an infraction perspective.  If they guy won't do what he is told to, particularly something as pedestrian as picking up a blitzer (all RBs are expected to do this when necessary) its an entirely different discussion.

Yeah I was commenting purely from a infraction perspective.  If they guy won't do what he is told to, particularly something as pedestrian as picking up a blitzer (all RBs are expected to do this when necessary) its an entirely different discussion.

Well, barring a timely suspension, the Ravens will either take a big hit this year or a lesser one now and a huge one next year, like 9 million, if they cut him.  This might make the standard counselling track more tolerable even if he doesn't play.

Well, barring a timely suspension, the Ravens will either take a big hit this year or a lesser one now and a huge one next year, like 9 million, if they cut him.  This might make the standard counselling track more tolerable even if he doesn't play.

Obviously, the big difference is Cap money isn't real.

Furthermore, paying him REAL money still counts for the some of that Cap figure.

These owners are rich but not stupid.

Obviously, the big difference is Cap money isn't real.

Furthermore, paying him REAL money still counts for the some of that Cap figure.

These owners are rich but not stupid.

It's kind of real, in that they might have to cut other players in order to stay under the cap, or not improve the team as much as they could.

• 1 month later...

I don't know that it applies to Rice specifically, but in general I'm proud of the fact that the Bengals & the fans care about not having a team full of rancid dickbags. 

Also, like Oldcat mentioned, they'd probably care a lot more if their team had been the designated whipping boy for Goodell's egomaniacal "Conduct Policy" wankfest.

Archived