Reds sign 6 year extension with Homer Bailey

oldschooler

Unless Bob really wants to open up the pocketbook, BP is gonna have to go if we want to re-sign Latos or Cueto.

In an ideal world we could dump both Brandon's and Broxton's contracts. That, along with Ludwick's deal ending, would free up the cash to make re-signing both possible.

I am a big fan of Homer Bailey. But that is a BIG gamble on a guy who has not been consistent yet. Especially for a small market team. If we had the Yankees' money, it's no big deal. But we don't. Plus we have Votto and Phillips.

He has the talent to be that good, will he start reaching it regularly is the question.

I'd hate to not be able to keep Latos or Cueto and Bailey keeps pitching as up and down as he has the past 2 years.

He was top 40 in almost all stats for a starting pitcher. That puts him at a top tier #2 pitcher. Those type of guys command big money. Also, he has gotten better every single year in almost all key categories the last 4 years. Hes consistently gotten better. Oh, and he has no  hitter stuff.

Once again, yes its a lot of money, but something I think you have to do IMO.

Definitely a surprise, I thought Homer had one foot out the door. He has the stuff to become a truly dominant pitcher, just needs to put it all together.

If this means the writing on the wall for anyone, it may be Mike Leake. 

Latos has a foot out the door. No one expects him to be returning when he finally reaches FA.

Archived