10 Years.... another Go-Bengals.com Milestone....

I just noticed we are in our 10th year here at go-bengals.com. 

I created the forum October 9th, 2004. Started inviting people in a few days later...

The ONLY player on the roster on that day that still remains today, is Robert Geathers. 

I just  wanted to point out the forthcoming milestone, I may get a patch or logo or something in the header for the year to commemorate the Decade of fun we have had here.

I also want to thank everyone, those here from day one, and other who came along the way. I appreciate you all being here and continuing to talk sports and life with the rest of us!

two kids, 2 apartment moves, 5 server/hosting companies, a marriage, a lost mom, a move across the country, and a new house, many of you have been here for the whole ride, I have met some lifelong friends here. and You guys have been the ones to help keep the lights on in this place many times, so thank you for that as well!

Thank you all!

-Ryan

Man. 10 years seems like a life time ago to me when I start thinking 

about all that has happened in that time span.  :35:

I'm hoping to meet some of you fine people in person one day.

Hopefully before the 20 year milestone. But I still consider a lot of you friends. 

Going to Colorado does appeal to me a lot  with the recent events there.  :39:

Thanks for all you do Ryan. Hope all is well in your World. 

Thanks Ryan!  No really thanks, you've not just provided an outlet for US Bengals fans to discuss, but us UK fans from across the pond who are a rare breed who share the same passion but can't get the access to discuss in depth and often in a fun way.  Been to other Bengals sites and this one is much more homely and intimate.  Cheers for everything you do and keep up the good work.

Wow! Amazing we've been around this long. I still remember JTs website. Doesn't feel that long ago.

Still the best Bengals site going.... Much appreciation to what you have done Ryan and your thick skin to keep this site going and always improving it.

I greatly appreciate this site. I was really missing news from my team when I was in Korea. This site was a God send! I looked at other forums and the all seemed too cluttered. This one was, and still is the cleanest best designed and easiest to follow.

Thanks and congrats to all that have made this site possible

Nice!  I remember making the jump from HTTP-JT's site...and didn't that one crazy ass have a site too.  I can't remember his name...maybe newbengal or something like that? 

Thanks for the site Go...a lot of time spent on it through the years. 

Chandler and his assistant? Pretty sure it was him... And he used to argue with his pseudonyms on his forum to make it look like other people were actually there.

Wow! Amazing we've been around this long. I still remember JTs website. Doesn't feel that long ago.

Still the best Bengals site going.... Much appreciation to what you have done Ryan and your thick skin to keep this site going and always improving it.

Yep I remember it, orange text on black background.

Much thanks for the site.  I was a long time lurker of this as well as JT and other Bengals sites - just recently began to post more.  It's crazy how much I check the site and only realize so when the site is down and I can't get my fix.  It'd be odd to not have it around and am sure glad I is around.

Thanks for the work you put in and to all who contribute!

Much love to the site. This is my favorite no question. I was freaking 29 when I started and I'm 37. I'm growing old with this site lol I agree with Old. We should have get together sometime for all the members. As Jason said, we may disagree sometimes but we all love our team. Congrats on the 10 yr Ryan.

I have met some of the kindest, funniest human beings through this site, some of whom helped to initiate a seismic shift in my world view, and others that I've met by traveling halfway around the world; all have become very good friends.  It really is amazing how you can get a good sense of someone's true personality via the internet.  Then there's Rumble, but hey, nobody is perfect.  :ninja:  

This place is much more than a football site to me, and I truly appreciate Ryan's dedication, in regard to both the time and the money he has spent making it happen. 

Chandler and his assistant? Pretty sure it was him... And he used to argue with his pseudonyms on his forum to make it look like other people were actually there.

naw Beav is right, newbengals had a site for a month or two he kept deleting people and re-adding them all the time, he was loony

Chandler and his assistant (who I've always been convinced was him with another account) never had their own site that I knew of

Happy Birthday from all the immigrants from " other " boards.  May we have 10 more.

happy-10th-birthday.jpg

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of Cinci's shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my beer beside the Go-Bengal's door!"

Paraphrased and re-arranged from Emma Lazarus

JT's site was a lifetime or two ago. Thanks to Go! Happy Birthday to the site! Thanks to those who sift through the scraps to find Bengals articles for us to discuss all year long! And fuck the Steelers! :p

The next 10 should be even better!

You will note my join date was directly after the Kimo Holocaust Game. I was at the now-defunct Huddles, taking head shots from the Stealer-loving Patriarchs at that site, and this place was the sole refuge to get away from those mad bastards. Many of us from that site, and others, were welcomed warmly, and for that I won't soon forget.

Thanks, Ryan...let's move on towards 20!

Archived