Synology + 2x 3TB HD = On its way to my house.

GoBengals

• 3 weeks later...

I dont want to live in a world where i dont have a Synology Diskstation...

just upgraded to DSM 5.0  amazingly great, all apps work, quick connect from remote PC works flawlessly now...

i added all the bengals games too, so i have 80+ HD bengals games at my fingertips plus all of my music, movies etc.. the iOS apps are great and works very smoothly.

not having a Synology Diskstation is like living in 1995.

it auto backs up my macbooks time machine backups too...

sidenote: im going to need to expand in storage within a year..

3tb wont cut it..

I dont want to live in a world where i dont have a Synology Diskstation...

just upgraded to DSM 5.0  amazingly great, all apps work, quick connect from remote PC works flawlessly now...

i added all the bengals games too, so i have 80+ HD bengals games at my fingertips plus all of my music, movies etc.. the iOS apps are great and works very smoothly.

not having a Synology Diskstation is like living in 1995.

it auto backs up my macbooks time machine backups too...

sidenote: im going to need to expand in storage within a year..

3tb wont cut it..

I'm with you on the storage...I remember thinking that 3TB would  essentially be infinite. Now I'm thinking expansion as well.

I have to see if I can upgrade to DSM 5. I didn't even know it was out there.  I also need ot configure auto-backups.

I'm with you on the storage...I remember thinking that 3TB would  essentially be infinite. Now I'm thinking expansion as well.

I have to see if I can upgrade to DSM 5. I didn't even know it was out there.  I also need ot configure auto-backups.

it came out within the last week, so really new, after i updated it wasnt findable on my network, rebooted it, and it worked great. 

they have those expansion units to daisy chain more drives to the current unit, but i may just get a higher end 4 bay one later and either run both or sell this one...

who knows.

Archived