here's an interesting draft site.  Looks like it has data for every player in the draft since 1999.  It inputs height, weight, arm length, bench numbers, etc, and tells you how they compare to all other players at that position.

The more interesting part is, it spits out the 10 players that player is most comparable to.

Of note, DE Scott Crichton:  his top 2 comparables were Frostee Rucker and Robert Geathers.

Bradley Roby:  In his top 10 were Leon Hall, Brandon Ghee and Johnathan Joseph.

May give you an idea of what the Bengals look for and who they may target most.

(fyi, Margus Hunt's top 2 were Mario Williams and....Michael Johnson.)

http://mockdraftable.com/players/2014/

I noticed that as well.  Saw some tweets about it...

Draftmaster Flex @JoeGoodberry 8h

See, now I'm watching Crichton (DE - Oregon st) and he is winning around the arc with a nice swim move. Plays both sides and kicks inside.

Interesting to note Crichton's top two comparable. #Bengals pic.twitter.com/40NPSZbVIB

As @DarrenPage15 recommended, the Oregon game is a good watch for Crichton. That's how I'd use him in NFL. (LDE in base, inside in Nickel.)

He isn't dynamic, but Crichton can win on all three downs from all over the defensive line. That's how you have a long career.

@DarrenPage15 Especially against the run. Just knifing through and the center could never recover.

Based on comparisons, I'll take Desir at CB...

http://mockdraftable.com/player/4662/
Similar Players (Lower score = more similar)
Aqib Talib (2008): 5.7343148534689 (76.9%)
Kyle Fuller (2014): 6.2793192517125 (75.9%)
Chris Cook (2010): 6.7195873334835 (75.2%)
Tharold Simon (2013): 7.2545132234507 (74.3%)
Joe Haden (2010): 7.3527870634454 (74.2%)
Chevis Jackson (2008): 7.4171760964974 (74.1%)
C.J. Wilson (2007): 7.7619720338979 (73.6%)
Richard Sherman (2011): 7.872893066723 (73.5%)
Chris Rucker (2011): 8.1619430841478 (73.1%)
David Amerson (2013): 8.3543617938181 (72.8%)

Apparently had a lot of bad throws.... Still don't see him dropping past the Vikings at 8 due to his body of work.

@RapSheet: Mike Mayock on Teddy Bridgewater's Pro Day: "To be honest, I expected a little more. Very average at best." Now on @nflnetwork.

@RapSheet: Usually during Pro Days, you hear "the ball didn't hit the ground." Won't hear that with Teddy Bridgewater's Pro Day at U of L. Good arm tho

Apparently had a lot of bad throws.... Still don't see him dropping past the Vikings at 8 due to his body of work.

I'll be shocked if Zim takes anything but a lineman, offensive or defensive....he knows as well as anyone how important it is to build from the inside out.

So I read that Cyrus K. knee checked out fine at his pro day. Is he an option at 24?

He had a shitty combine but is supposed to be an athletic marvel. I think his knee wasn't 100% and attributed to that. He had an inconsistent year but has the tools to be a stud LT. Could have been a top 10 pick if he stayed in school. He is young, only 20, and dominated the SEC.

Zack Martin may a better fit today because he can play guard but what about in a year or 2 when we need him to start at LT? Not sure Martin can do it.

So if we do draft Cyrus do we stick him at LG, a position he has never played? Or send Whit to guard and start Cyrus at LT? Providing he shows he can do it. Or just keep him on the bench for a year to learn?

So I read that Cyrus K. knee checked out fine at his pro day. Is he an option at 24?

He had a shitty combine but is supposed to be an athletic marvel. I think his knee wasn't 100% and attributed to that. He had an inconsistent year but has the tools to be a stud LT. Could have been a top 10 pick if he stayed in school. He is young, only 20, and dominated the SEC.

Zack Martin may a better fit today because he can play guard but what about in a year or 2 when we need him to start at LT? Not sure Martin can do it.

So if we do draft Cyrus do we stick him at LG, a position he has never played? Or send Whit to guard and start Cyrus at LT? Providing he shows he can do it. Or just keep him on the bench for a year to learn?

sounds like if you want Cyrus, you can probably get him in the 30-50 range.  

I'm hoping they can add a few depth pieces so that they have a real chance of trading out of the 24 spot down to the later first and pick up a 3rd round pick.  

They can do some real damage in the draft if they can get an extra 3rd, and then you can also take some flyers late with your comp picks on guys like Aaron Lynch, who seems to be this year's Burfict.

Gimme Ayers, a veteran tackle, a veteran QB, and a veteran corner over the next week.  Maybe a RB too.

Not sure Martin makes it to 24.

If most teams have cleared Cyrus K medically, I would consider him.  Let him play LG until Whit is ready to move inside again or retire.  But There are a few guys who I would have a head of him.

here's an interesting draft site.  Looks like it has data for every player in the draft since 1999.  It inputs height, weight, arm length, combine numbers, etc, and tells you how they compare to all other players at that position.

The more interesting part is, it spits out the 10 players that player is most comparable to.

Of note, DE Scott Crichton:  his top 2 comparables were Frostee Rucker and Robert Geathers.

Bradley Roby:  In his top 10 were Leon Hall, Brandon Ghee and Johnathan Joseph.

May give you an idea of what the Bengals look for and who they may target most.

(fyi, Margus Hunt's top 2 were Mario Williams and....Michael Johnson.)

http://mockdraftable.com/players/2014/

Cool site...interesting that Tahj Boyd compares to Andy Dalton at a very high rate and Murray doesn't even come close to comparing to Dalton. 

Kouandjio won't be a LT in the NFL. We're not looking to replace Andre so CK wouldn't make sense for the Bengals. We're more likely to go for a later round guy who can be developed into an NFL LT. Bitonio, Turner, etc.

I doubt they go after a late round guy other than as a longterm backup.

This franchise has had a first or second round pick at both tackle spots for the better part of the last 15 years.

sounds like if you want Cyrus, you can probably get him in the 30-50 range.  

I'm hoping they can add a few depth pieces so that they have a real chance of trading out of the 24 spot down to the later first and pick up a 3rd round pick.  

They can do some real damage in the draft if they can get an extra 3rd, and then you can also take some flyers late with your comp picks on guys like Aaron Lynch, who seems to be this year's Burfict.

Gimme Ayers, a veteran tackle, a veteran QB, and a veteran corner over the next week.  Maybe a RB too.

During his short tenure at Notre Dame it was very evident that Lynch was the superior talent to Tuitt.  I didn't really follow him after his transfer to USF, but it seems like if someone can get Lynch remotivated he's got all the talent in the world.  Marvin and this staff have a track record of being able to do just that.

Kouandjio won't be a LT in the NFL. We're not looking to replace Andre so CK wouldn't make sense for the Bengals. We're more likely to go for a later round guy who can be developed into an NFL LT. Bitonio, Turner, etc.

Why won't he be a LT?

Why won't he be a LT?

He's not quick enough. If you saw the Sugar bowl, Oklahoma ate him alive with a series of speed rushes. Whitworth is signed through 2015 so the team will either need to extend him or find a replacement by 2016. So no point in using a first round pick in 2014 on a left tackle. 

He's not quick enough. If you saw the Sugar bowl, Oklahoma ate him alive with a series of speed rushes. Whitworth is signed through 2015 so the team will either need to extend him or find a replacement by 2016. So no point in using a first round pick in 2014 on a left tackle. 

Whit will be 34 years old this year. He's already showing signs of slowing down. Plus we just lost our only proven backup at LT. It makes total sense to grab his replacement now to groom.

Cyrus had some rough patches no doubt but he has all the tools to be a stud left tackle.

Headline on NFL.com reads Report: Bengals Eyeing Georgia's Aaron Murray.

Then follows up with nothing solid....

A dozen NFL clubs have shown more interest in Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray than others, and not surprisingly, the Cincinnati Bengals are among them. The club's reported interest in Murray as a potential successor to starter Andy Dalton, however, is just one of many possible destinations for one of college football's most prolific passers.

According to ajc.com, other clubs eyeing the projected second- or third-day draft prospect include the Jacksonville Jaguars, Arizona Cardinals, Minnesota Vikings, New Orleans Saints, St. Louis Rams, Cleveland Browns, Houston Texans, Dallas Cowboys, Oakland Raiders, Tennessee Titans and Kansas City Chiefs. That doesn't exactly narrow the field too much, but it does represent a collection of clubs that either have an immediate need for a quarterback, or in most other cases, could use a young understudy.

Despite tearing his ACL in late November, Murray's rehabilitation is on track for him to compete in field drills, but not in timed drills, at Georgia's pro day on April 16.

"We don't see any point in trying to run a 40 (yard dash), short shuttles, or jumping and all of that stuff," said his agent, Pat Dye Jr. "He's just starting to incorporate throwing the football."

The Jaguars, Vikings, Browns, Texans and Raiders are in the greatest need of quarterback help among the 12. The Saints could be an intriguing landing spot, as well, given frequent style comparisons between Saints starter Drew Brees and Murray. Both are short by NFL standards, and although neither would be considered much of a rushing threat, both have the athleticism to move effectively behind the line of scrimmage.

NFL Network analyst Brian Baldinger predicted earlier this week that Murray will have the best NFL career of any quarterback in the 2014 draft class. Baldinger suggested his status as a mid-round pick may allow him to learn the NFL game without immediate pressure and expectations, quite possibly with winning talent around him, which could benefit his performance long-term.

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread.

nfldraftscout would disagree with you.They say "he has everything you look for in a starting left tackle."

Archived