Steelernation

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jul 20 2005, 03:50 PM']we'll see...
[right][post="116529"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

what a great comeback

Duece got punched in the hammy during the NE game....he is back healthy....Bettis is getting older but still looked like he had a lot left last season.....

Big Ben is another year older and will be more comfortable in the offense....

The OL will have a couple of new faces, but should be fine once again.....

The defense will be what Steeler the Steeler D almost always is and chad and carson will be thanking God if they make it through the two games against them.....

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jul 20 2005, 02:42 PM']i didn't notice the short bus comment... at least it makes sense now...
you still suck... your qb can't handle pressure, your best wideout is a crybaby, your next best is on the giants roster... your oline is dismantled... your rb's consist of an injury prone nobody and an overweight, expired fatass...

your defense is the only thing that will keep you guys w/ a chance to go to the playoffs this year... but there is no way that even pitt's defense can stop carson and chad from running all over you guys... come back after we smoke you...

peace :lol:
[right][post="116520"][/post][/right][/quote]

Uh.. Chad who? He did jack-shit against us last season. And you talk about Roethlisberger not being good in pressure games, hes only played in two so you can't really dub him that. Carson Palmer had a chance to beat the Steelers, but instead he threw an interception returned for a TD.. twice..

[quote name='TheWretchedMass' date='Jul 20 2005, 04:11 PM']Don't foget that TE you picked up in the draft, I mean, he is SO going to open the lack of passing game that you have with...what? 25-30 catches???

Ben is overrated and overhyped. Trust us, we know all about overhyped.....
[right][post="116537"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

yes you do....you have carson.....

Guest bengalrick

i stated my opinions... what, were you waiting for me to bash everything you said?? come on man, i was playing around when i first posted the "flame war" thing.. give me a break...

you guys have a good team... so do we... if we can't talk a little shit w/out being able to laugh about it later, why the hell even talk shit... i was just having a little fun w/ you guys... when i come to your board and make fun of you guys, that is when you can light into me... in the mean time, just talk a little shit and be able to insert a little comedy in there, so we know its all for fun... if its not for fun though, we can also handle that...

buuuut, since you did mention some comments, i will put my .02 cents in...

[i]Duece got punched in the hammy during the NE game....he is back healthy....Bettis is getting older but still looked like he had a lot left last season.....

Big Ben is another year older and will be more comfortable in the offense....

The OL will have a couple of new faces, but should be fine once again.....

The defense will be what Steeler the Steeler D almost always is and chad and carson will be thanking God if they make it through the two games against them.....[/i]

deuce is an alright back... IF he stays healthy, you guys will have a running game... bettis is old but i hate playing him b/c he always seems to have his best games against the stripes... i hate him :D ...

big ben is a good leader, but hasn't proven anything to anybody yet... he didn't pass enough last year, so even though he got some great experience last year, it isn't a given that he will be a stud qb yet...

we'll see about your oline...

our offense had no problem scoring on your defense last year, or the pats, or the dolphins, actually, we pretty much tore up most of the defenses we played last year... i don't think that anyone can stop us this year offensively...

Guest Sluzilla
[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jul 20 2005, 01:42 PM']you still suck... your qb can't handle pressure...[/quote]

QB Rating first year starting...
Ben 98.1
Carson 77.3

TDs/Ints
Ben 17/11
Carson 18/18

Comp %
Ben 66.4%
Carson 60.9%

Sacks
Ben 30
Carson 25

looks to be about the same pressure...

and all this with one year under Carson's belt...

[quote]your best wideout is a crybaby[/quote]

Hines?...your guys probably don't know about playing with emotion...

[quote]your next best is on the giants roster...[/quote]

this just shows you how little you actually know about the Steelers...El outperformed Burress in the 4-5 games he started in place of Plax...

[quote]your oline is dismantled...[/quote]

again...laughable...3 returning probowl linemen...1 returning STARTING RG...and 1 rookie RT...who is arguable the best run blocker on the team...the only question is his pass blocking...

[quote]your rb's consist of an injury prone nobody and an overweight, expired fatass...[/quote]

interesting how the overweight/expired/fatass RB averaged 3.99 yards per carry in games started compared to your young/healthy RB's 4.00 yards per carry...your running game must REALLY suck...

[quote]your defense is the only thing that will keep you guys w/ a chance to go to the playoffs this year... but there is no way that even pitt's defense can stop carson and chad from running all over you guys... come back after we smoke you...[/quote]

yeah...that 67.5 average QB rating and 1 to 1 average TD/INT ratio from Carson against the Steelers...as well as that average 67 yards receiving and 0.5 average TDs per game from Chad against the Steelers is threatening...

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Steelerfan81' date='Jul 20 2005, 03:10 PM']Uh.. Chad who? He did jack-shit against us last season. And you talk about Roethlisberger not being good in pressure games, hes only played in two so you can't really dub him that. Carson Palmer had a chance to beat the Steelers, but instead he threw an interception returned for a TD.. twice..
[right][post="116535"][/post][/right][/quote]

maybe the first game, when he only had 4 catches for 54 yards... but i wouldn't call 5 catches for 80 yards "jack shit"... :blink:

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Sluzilla' date='Jul 20 2005, 03:14 PM']QB Rating first year starting...
Ben 98.1
Carson 77.3

TDs/Ints
Ben 17/11
Carson 18/18

Comp %
Ben 66.4%
Carson 60.9%

Sacks
Ben 30
Carson 25

looks to be about the same pressure...

and all this with one year under Carson's belt...
Hines?...your guys probably don't know about playing with emotion...
this just shows you how little you actually know about the Steelers...El outperformed Burress in the 4-5 games he started in place of Plax...
again...laughable...3 returning probowl linemen...1 returning STARTING RG...and 1 rookie RT...who is arguable the best run blocker on the team...the only question is his pass blocking...
interesting how the overweight/expired/fatass RB averaged 3.99 yards per carry in games started compared to your young/healthy RB's 4.00 yards per carry...your running game must REALLY suck...
yeah...that 67.5 average QB rating and 1 to 1 average TD/INT ratio from Carson against the Steelers...as well as that average 67 yards receiving and 0.5 average TDs per game from Chad against the Steelers is threatening...
[right][post="116540"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

ben = 192 attempts

carson = 432 attempts

not enough attempts to matter... he sucked the one game that he had to pass the ball...

randel el is alright, but burress was your second best wideout... the only reason he isn't now, is b/c he isn't on your team now...

the real question is this (you won't answer honestly, so don't bother answering) who would you rather have as your qb for the next 10 years: ben or carson? i'd take carson w/ a broken right arm over ben...

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jul 20 2005, 04:28 PM']ben = 192 attempts
the real question is this (you won't answer honestly, so don't bother answering) who would you rather have as your qb for the next 10 years: ben or carson? i'd take carson w/ a broken right arm over ben...
[right][post="116556"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

that is because you are a bengals fan......i would take a one legged Big Ben anyday over carson....

but I would take carson over anyone the Rats or shitstains care to roll out on the field the next few years......

[quote name='TheWretchedMass' date='Jul 20 2005, 04:32 PM']Carson showed he was learning and growing as a QB. Look at his stats for the second half of the season....

Ben rode the coattails of his RB's and Defense and look what happened in the playoffs, cracked under the pressure.
Yeah...I'd take Carson....
[right][post="116560"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

he was a rookie qb.....what did carson do in the playoffs???? wait....they weren't there AGAIN.......

Guest Sluzilla
[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jul 20 2005, 02:28 PM']randel el is alright, but burress was your second best wideout... the only reason he isn't now, is b/c he isn't on your team now...[/quote]

wrong...the majority of fans were fine with letting him go...BECAUSE he wasn't that great...did he have some great games?...yes...but overall he was very inconsistant...the biggest problem he has is he will NOT go up for the ball...he allows 5'10" DBs to constantly outjump him for the ball...

[quote]the real question is this (you won't answer honestly, so don't bother answering) who would you rather have as your qb for the next 10 years: ben or carson? i'd take carson w/ a broken right arm over ben...[/quote]

why wouldn't i answer it honestly?...i've yet to lie...

the next 10 years?...Carson will be good...i don't doubt it...but i truly (and honestly) believe Ben will be twice the QB Carson will be...but your "real question" as you put it is neither here nor there...both teams have good QBs...and if you are not honest enough to admit THAT then you are not worthy of ANY football discussion...knowing that both teams have good QBs...why would either one of us pick the opposing QB?...

despite the number of throws...Ben outperformed Carson last year...period...in his FIRST year...that is the amusing part...Carson had a year to absorb everything...and STILL couldn't outplay a rookie...

[quote name='Sluzilla' date='Jul 20 2005, 04:47 PM']despite the number of throws...Ben outperformed Carson last year...period...in his FIRST year...that is the amusing part...Carson had a year to absorb everything...and STILL couldn't outplay a rookie...
[right][post="116578"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

to be fair slu....carson was saddled with the handicap of playing for the bengals....

[quote name='Sluzilla' date='Jul 20 2005, 04:47 PM']wrong...the majority of fans were fine with letting him go...BECAUSE he wasn't that great...did he have some great games?...yes...but overall he was very inconsistant...the biggest problem he has is he will NOT go up for the ball...he allows 5'10" DBs to constantly outjump him for the ball...
why wouldn't i answer it honestly?...i've yet to lie...

the next 10 years?...Carson will be good...i don't doubt it...but i truly (and honestly) believe Ben will be twice the QB Carson will be...but your "real question" as you put it is neither here nor there...both teams have good QBs...and if you are not honest enough to admit THAT then you are not worthy of ANY football discussion...knowing that both teams have good QBs...why would either one of us pick the opposing QB?...

despite the number of throws...Ben outperformed Carson last year...period...in his FIRST year...that is the amusing part...Carson had a year to absorb everything...and STILL couldn't outplay a rookie...
[right][post="116578"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I dont doubt Ben will be good, however I have to take issue with who will be the "better" QB, Ben had more of a whole team around him, Carson hasnt had the defence to help him [b]YET[/b]. Lets reserve judgement for when he does.

Edit: However I can tell you I'd take Chad over Ward and TJ over Randel-El, 8 days a week, and Im not exactly the biggest TJ fan.

Guest Sluzilla
[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jul 20 2005, 02:51 PM']I dont doubt Ben will be good, however I have to take issue with who will be the "better" QB, Ben had more of a whole team around him, Carson hasnt had the defence to help him [b]YET[/b]. Lets reserve judgement for when he does.[/quote]

i agree that it's a crap shoot right now...they are both young...but the question was asked...and i tried to allow for the "both being good" argument...

[quote]Edit: However I can tell you I'd take Chad over Ward and TJ over Randel-El, 8 days a week, and Im not exactly the biggest TJ fan.
[right][post="116583"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

TJ over El is open for discussion...both have the potential to be very good...whether they will be is questionable...

Chad over Ward...call it bias...but i'd much rather have the most physical and best all around receiver than a better pure receiver...

the way i see it anyways...

[quote name='Sluzilla' date='Jul 20 2005, 05:09 PM']i agree that it's a crap shoot right now...they are both young...but the question was asked...and i tried to allow for the "both being good" argument...
TJ over El is open for discussion...both have the potential to be very good...whether they will be is questionable...

[b]Chad over Ward...call it bias...but i'd much rather have the most physical and best all around receiver than a better pure receiver...[/b]

the way i see it anyways...
[right][post="116595"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Call me bias as well, but I'd rather have the guy who was #1 in the AFC for yards the last two years. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

Randel El reminds me of a young Warrick, both play Special Teams and both have some decent Juking moves. Who is your #3 now?

Guest Sluzilla
[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jul 20 2005, 03:14 PM']Call me bias as well, but I'd rather have the guy who was #1 in the AFC for yards the last two years.  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

Randel El reminds me of a young Warrick, both play Special Teams and both have some decent Juking moves. Who is your #3 now?
[right][post="116599"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

actually #2 is open competition between El and Cedrick Wilson (FA pickup)...Wilson supposedly runs great routes and gets open well...the great thing with Ward El and Wilson is they are all very versatile WRs...Burress never went in motion...always played the same position...predictable...

all three receivers now can play any spot on the field...

Lee Mays is returning...but no one has really been that impressed with him over the last couple of years...

other than that we have a 2nd year WR in Zamir Cobb...looked good in preseason last year until he was injured for the season...potential is all he is right now...

and of course we drafted Fred Gibson out of Georgia...who several draft gurus ranked as one of the steals of the draft...but i'll take a wait and see approach there...

of course Heath Miller at TE if he can get the playbook down quick enough and shows good enough blocking skills...

to me...this is the best receiving corp we've had for a decade if not longer...or could be if they live up to my hype...

[img]http://www.steelernation.com/gallery/files/3/5/psreceivers0524_450.jpg[/img]

Guest bengalrick
ben hasn't proven anything to me, except that he can be a qb in the nfl... he will be a good qb, but doesn't have the arm, nor accuracy that carson has... like i've been saying... we'll see this year...

i'll tell you one thing, i have alot more respect for the team, than you fans... all you seem to do is beat your chest, and tells us that we suck b/c we are the bengals...

you guys can't see that you had one of the best oline's in the league last year, and ben didn't have to prove himself as a qb that had to throw the ball... has he proven he is a good general.... yes, i'll give him that... would i take him over 75% of the newer qb's... yes... has he proven a damn thing yet... HELL NO!!!!

you guys don't have the line you had last year though... you can still talk about plugging in new guys, but that is called spin... keep spinning it to make yourself feel better... we're still going to smoke you like a philly blunt...

[quote name='Sluzilla' date='Jul 20 2005, 05:40 PM']actually #2 is open competition between El and Cedrick Wilson (FA pickup)...Wilson supposedly runs great routes and gets open well...the great thing with Ward El and Wilson is they are all very versatile WRs...Burress never went in motion...always played the same position...predictable...

all three receivers now can play any spot on the field...

Lee Mays is returning...but no one has really been that impressed with him over the last couple of years...

other than that we have a 2nd year WR in Zamir Cobb...looked good in preseason last year until he was injured for the season...potential is all he is right now...

and of course we drafted Fred Gibson out of Georgia...who several draft gurus ranked as one of the steals of the draft...but i'll take a wait and see approach there...

of course Heath Miller at TE if he can get the playbook down quick enough and shows good enough blocking skills...

to me...this is the best receiving corp we've had for a decade if not longer...or could be if they live up to my hype...

[img]http://www.steelernation.com/gallery/files/3/5/psreceivers0524_450.jpg[/img]
[right][post="116611"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

#1 Chad
#2 TJ

After that it's up in the air, but assuming Warrick is healthy again like reports say, I'd say with good confidence hell be our #3, after that Washington, then probally the two rookies we drafted, Chris Henry and Tab Perry.

Henry is reciving alot of Praise and has had some comparison to a young CJ, Perry will be used more on special teams and was a pretty damn good return guy for UCLA.

Ill take our WR's thanks. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

and Ill take Rudi too, the bus is running on near empty and Ive always thought Duce was overrated.

Guest Sluzilla
[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jul 20 2005, 03:46 PM']ben hasn't proven anything to me, except that he can be a qb in the nfl... he will be a good qb, but doesn't have the arm, nor accuracy that carson has... like i've been saying... we'll see this year...

i'll tell you one thing, i have alot more respect for the team, than you fans... all you seem to do is beat your chest, and tells us that we suck b/c we are the bengals...

you guys can't see that you had one of the best oline's in the league last year, and ben didn't have to prove himself as a qb that had to throw the ball... has he proven he is a good general.... yes, i'll give him that... would i take him over 75% of the newer qb's... yes... has he proven a damn thing yet... HELL NO!!!!

you guys don't have the line you had last year though... you can still talk about plugging in new guys, but that is called spin... keep spinning it to make yourself feel better... we're still going to smoke you like a philly blunt...
[right][post="116616"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

what has Carson proven but show that he can be a QB in the NFL?...well that and that he's proven he can't outperform a rookie...

show me once where i said you suck because you are the bengals...

other than the three pro-bowlers we had last year...we had a second string RG and a journeyman RT...we've upgraded RG back to the starter...and have a question mark at RT now...where's the spin?...that is pure hard fact...

again...what has Carson proven to show that he is better than Ben?...not one damn thing...but if you ask what has Carson done to show he is possibly worse than Ben...i already showed you that...

Archived