Steelernation

[quote name='CoolieMan' date='Jul 28 2005, 03:03 PM']not a chance.......even though I am sure by the halfway point there will still be plenty of room on the bengal bandwagon.........
[right][post="120887"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Clearly, the Bengals are a much improved team since Marvin Lewis took over. Two 8-8 seasons in a row where slow starts/injuries plagued possible playoff pipe dreams is a hell of a lot better than we've had for more than a decade.
This Ben vs Carson thing is silly. Cowher has always liked to base his teams with a run-first philosophy coupled with strong defense. So, in such a system, Ben is required to take care of the ball and make some clutch plays in passing situations, which he didn't have that many of because he enjoyed the luxury of a strong running game and a defense that kept opponents offenses off the field.
Our team, otoh, is morphing into more of a Colts-style attack, except unlike the Colts, we're going to have a good defense, and probably sooner rather than later.
I am deeply looking forward to playing the Steelers more than any other team
because it will be a good measuring stick to see how far we've come. And like the old Vagina Slimes cigarette ads, I believe "You've come a long way, baby."

Archived