Bengals release Kyle Cook

Wow. Didn't see that coming, but... let the games begin!

You've got Boling coming off of injury, Pollak, Hawkinson... Then Robinson and TJ Johnson also inside.

If Collins is gone, you've got Hawkinson outside as a possible backup. OL is definitely a place to go early in the draft.

you gotta imagine this is also a sign that the Bengals are sticking with a zone blocking scheme.  Cook wasn't a good fit in a ZBS, and a more athletic guy like Robinson would make more sense if they think he's finally healthy and got his strength where they want it.  He was bad in 2013 after a pleasant 2012.

yea the timing is just....ODD.

Looks like he just became an owner of a restaurant back home.  I wonder if he's pulling a "retiring before my body goes to crap" move.

So are you saying the owner of the restaurant is also a Cook?

:rsju31uh9: Badda BING... thank yah, thank yah very much... I'll be here all weel.

Center is the QB of the O-line.  I'd rather get a vet there than any other spot on the o-line.  I know Pollack played there in college, but the question remains if he could step in right away on an NFL line.  To me he makes more sense as competition for Boling.  

No matter what it's addition by subtraction, but this place would explode if we signed Mack.

where are those people who fucking argued with me for years about that dude being super average...

he is the andy dalton of C's...

Best post ever. 

Wow, color me HUGELY surprised. They must be really high on Pollak or Robinson at C.

I agree but why didn't they play last year then?

yea, they aren't signing Mack people.  1)  Cleveland can match any offer, and they have more cap space than the Bengals.

And 2) The Bengals have plenty of cap space.  They wouldn't have to Cut Cook before signing ANYONE.  You'd cut him, AFTER you sign say a Mack.

That's the 2nd time you're trying to kill my buzz today.  Can't a fella dream?

Archived