2014 March Madness Thread

JC

Nothing sweeter than beating a sleaze bag like Calipari AGAIN in the final four. The rest of college basketball can thank UConn personally for UK not winning 3 of the last 4 titles.

This makes it 4 of the past 16 titles for UConn. That's 25% for you mathematicians out there. Since the tournament expanded to 64, Duke and UConn have the most with 4.

And for everyone who thought our entire program was just Calhoun and we'd fade away when he left... As drake would say, "We started from the bottom now we here."

Aside from you quoting anything Drake......:headbang:

I like UCONN, Napier is badass.....love seeing an AAC team win the whole thing.  

Calipari to Lakers? 

Nothing sweeter than beating a sleaze bag like Calipari AGAIN in the final four. The rest of college basketball can thank UConn personally for UK not winning 3 of the last 4 titles.

This makes it 4 of the past 16 titles for UConn. That's 25% for you mathematicians out there. Since the tournament expanded to 64, Duke and UConn have the most with 4.

And for everyone who thought our entire program was just Calhoun and we'd fade away when he left... As drake would say, "We started from the bottom now we here."

Please tell me which of the offenses Calipari has been accused of are directly tied to him?

I don't think he cheats, I just think he's a sleazebag.  From the time when he was an asst at Pitt and told a recruit he shouldn't go to St. Johns because Lou Carnessecca had cancer, to last night throwing out every excuse in the book. (DUHHH THEY'RE FRESHMEN, OF COURSE THAT'S WHY THEY LOST... didn't hurt them against Wichita, Louisville, Michigan or Wisconsin though)

Also, (and I know I'm not treading new ground here) his MO in college basketball kinda sucks.  Watching half the top ten recruits all commit to UK is boring. And, even if kids wanted to stay more than one year they're recruited over anyway, so they pretty much have to leave for the NBA or another program.  Couldn't imagine being a fan of a team of different freshmen every single year.  I'll take watching Shabazz' career over McD's AA's all day, every day.  

I don't think he cheats, I just think he's a sleazebag.  From the time when he was an asst at Pitt and told a recruit he shouldn't go to St. Johns because Lou Carnessecca had cancer, to last night throwing out every excuse in the book. (DUHHH THEY'RE FRESHMEN, OF COURSE THAT'S WHY THEY LOST... didn't hurt them against Wichita, Louisville, Michigan or Wisconsin though)

Also, (and I know I'm not treading new ground here) his MO in college basketball kinda sucks.  Watching half the top ten recruits all commit to UK is boring. And, even if kids wanted to stay more than one year they're recruited over anyway, so they pretty much have to leave for the NBA or another program.  Couldn't imagine being a fan of a team of different freshmen every single year.  I'll take watching Shabazz' career over McD's AA's all day, every day.  

Do you have a cite for the Lou Carnaessecca reference? As for whatever excuses he may have made about losing last night, I didn't see them. Maybe he said something along those lines, maybe he didn't. I've never once heard him make excuses for poor play before. And aside from horrid free throw shooting, they didn't play all that poorly. They just aren't as fast as UCONN and cannot shoot from the outside like they can.

Also, this "MO" you speak of...EVERY major program would LOVE to get the talent Calipari recruits. They ALL recruit the same players. Cal is just better at it than they are. Don't kid yourself. I agree I would rather watch a team over three to four years than what UK is doing now, but the blueprint works, there's no denying it. And it looks like that's going to change soon anyway.

Whatever happened to, "good game Kentucky, nice run" while celebrating your team's victory, rather than "Ooooh, I'm so glad that sleazebag didn't win, you can thank UCONN on behalf of the basketball world for this and that..."?

Do you have a cite for the Lou Carnaessecca reference? As for whatever excuses he may have made about losing last night, I didn't see them. Maybe he said something along those lines, maybe he didn't. I've never once heard him make excuses for poor play before. And aside from horrid free throw shooting, they didn't play all that poorly. They just aren't as fast as UCONN and cannot shoot from the outside like they can.

Also, this "MO" you speak of...EVERY major program would LOVE to get the talent Calipari recruits. They ALL recruit the same players. Cal is just better at it than they are. Don't kid yourself. I agree I would rather watch a team over three to four years than what UK is doing now, but the blueprint works, there's no denying it. And it looks like that's going to change soon anyway.

Whatever happened to, "good game Kentucky, nice run" while celebrating your team's victory, rather than "Ooooh, I'm so glad that sleazebag didn't win, you can thank UCONN on behalf of the basketball world for this and that..."?

People would love to have 1-2 of the recruits, to be getting 5-7 of the best recruits every year is unheard of and puts you in Yankees territory.  I also don't think most coaches would want their entire team to consist of these players, there needs to be some balance.  This doesn't get into the whole having Drake in the locker room and WWW funneling recruits to Calipari and how when's the last time a player of significance graduated from Kentucky? (BUT THEY LEAVE IN GOOD STANDING SO NO APR ISSUES LOL).  Not that they're breaking rules, but neither were many of the banks on Wall Street and plenty of folks don't appreciate what they do so much.

All of these reasons lead to fans disliking your program, and wanting desperately for that model to fail, and for Cal to get bored and/or frustrated and go to the NBA.  Not to mention, UConn has had bad blood with Calipari since he was at UMass.  As for the Lou Carnasecca story, it's the reason St. John's wouldn't hire him, twice, and given the coaches they did get, they must have really believed it to be true.  Apparently it was the first question he was asked during his interview for UMass.

having Drake in the locker room and WWW funneling recruits to Calipari and how when's the last time a player of significance graduated from Kentucky? 

The graduation thing doesn't bother me and it shouldn't bother you. How many of your favorite NFL players graduated? And they can't leave as early as b-ball players can! And what is this Drake and WWW thing you're talking about? I have no idea what any of that is.

The graduation thing doesn't bother me and it shouldn't bother you. How many of your favorite NFL players graduated? And they can't leave as early as b-ball players can! And what is this Drake and WWW thing you're talking about? I have no idea what any of that is.

Drizzy:

http://msn.foxsports.com/southwest/story/drake-congratulates-kentucky-in-locker-room-after-thrilling-win-040614

WWW:

http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/200706/william-wesley-worldwide-wes-nba-basketball

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/19761238/critical-coaches-how-much-of-a-factor-is-world-wide-wes-in-recruiting

"I think he's a factor. He has unlimited access to kids and coaches -- and clearly makes it no secret of his allegiance to John Calipari."

The graduation thing doesn't bother me and it shouldn't bother you. How many of your favorite NFL players graduated?

It's not that they don't all graduate, it's that literally not a single player of any significance that Cal has recruited to your school has graduated.  I understand he's playing within the rules, but other people don't have to like it.

The first link means bupkiss...so a rapper was in UK's locker room giving out high fives? That's an indication of malfeasance on Cal's part?

The second article I have no idea what went on there based on this one piece that has a couple mentions of interaction with Cal and two former players at Memphis. Doesn't sound good, especially in the case of DaJuan, but...we don't really know what happened.

It's not that they don't all graduate, it's that literally not a single player of any significance that Cal has recruited to your school has graduated.  I understand he's playing within the rules, but other people don't have to like it.

It's not MY school...I root for the basketball team because I used to live in Kentucky for a time. And how many kids bound for the NBA do you really expect to graduate? It's few and far between anywhere, particularly at schools like UK that don't have ridiculously high academic standards like say, Duke or Stanford.

Shut the fuck up.

UCONN? Talking grades and sleaze smack? They are built on Calhoun, lol and just missed the tourney because of APR issues.

Good game and team by UCONN. Save the Cal is sleazy smack. When UNC for years has funneled athletes into fake classes? It's all the same.

It's been fun being a UConn fan living in Lexington. I will say, most folks down here aren't as rabid as they normally are because this year's version of the Cats went a lot farther than almost anyone would have predicted a month ago. And a surprising number of Cat fans have misgivings about Calipari's approach--but they love the winning so it is mostly muted criticism.

It's been fun being a UConn fan living in Lexington. I will say, most folks down here aren't as rabid as they normally are because this year's version of the Cats went a lot farther than almost anyone would have predicted a month ago. And a surprising number of Cat fans have misgivings about Calipari's approach--but they love the winning so it is mostly muted criticism.

What you say is true...the run was certainly unexpected given their regular season play. And I also prefer to get to know the players over the course of at least a couple years rather than them leave after one, but...I can't control that.

That all being said....

[URL=http://s427.photobucket.com/user/sgenetti77/media/UK002.jpg.html]UK002.jpg[/URL]

SUCK IT HATERS!!!

What you say is true...the run was certainly unexpected given their regular season play. And I also prefer to get to know the players over the course of at least a couple years rather than them leave after one, but...I can't control that.

That all being said....

UK002.jpg

SUCK IT HATERS!!!

I'm glad your kitches was clean at least. 

Checkout my chest though!

osama_selfie.jpg

Archived