Aroldis Chapman hit in face/head with line drive

JBandJoeyV

SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Aroldis Chapman left Wednesday's game with the Royals after being hit in the face by a line drive off the bat of Royals catcher Salvador Perez. He was put on a backboard and taken off the field onto a cart by paramedics.

With two outs and bases loaded in the sixth inning, Perez lined a 99-mph fastball up the middle and appeared to hit Chapman in the face. Reds and Royals players and trainers rushed to the field. Even Chapman's father raced in to the mound from the stands.

Perez reacted on his way to first and after touching first, went to the mound to check on Chapman.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/redsblog/2014/03/19/031914aroldischapman/6637865/

Bruce: 'the scariest thing I've ever seen' #reds #chapman

Chapman suffers laceration, contusion above left eye. never lost consciousness #Reds

Keep Chapman in your thoughts and Prayers. That was one of the worst I've ever seen. Praying he comes back quick!

It happening now doesn't have any effect on it happening again.

Even with it happening now, I wouldn't be shocked if he's out for the year.

Sadly I fear you're right; I read a report stating that he had fractures around the eye socket... :(

The physical injuries are one thing, the mental part may be the hardest thing to overcome.

I got hit while pitching in high school. Luckily it hit my shoulder first and then only grazed my head.

The bruising and swelling was much easier to deal with than the mental part of it.

I was jittery pitching for some time after that.

The physical injuries are one thing, the mental part may be the hardest thing to overcome.

I got hit while pitching in high school. Luckily it hit my shoulder first and then only grazed my head.

The bruising and swelling was much easier to deal with than the mental part of it.

I was jittery pitching for some time after that.

I was thinking the same thing... 

Asked Kremchek if it is reasonable to expect Chapman to pitch this year. His reply: “Absolutely.” #Reds

Here's hoping.

"We had to flip his entire face down to get to it," -Dr. Kremcheck on Chapman, 700 WLW #Reds

"playing Humpty Dumpty and putting him back together was fascinating," -Dr. Kremcheck on Chapman, 700 WLW #Reds

"He won't be on a mound, but he will be throwing in 7-10 days," Dr. Kremcheck on Chapman, 700 WLW #Reds

"he started laughing when I showed him the operating room pictures. He said, "send me those''-Dr. Kremcheck on Chapman, #Reds

The Chapman photos Dr. Kremcheck was talking about. And what happens when you flip a face down http://www.espn1530.com/onair/lance-mcalister-7818/photos-aroldis-chapman-postsurgery-12178974/  #Reds

"I hold my breath when I say this, but he's done amazing stuff on the ballfield. He's as good D in CF, as I've ever seen,"-Votto on Billy

"I have not said this publicly, but if Billy Hamilton learns to walk, he could be an MVP candidate"-Joey, 700 WLW #Reds #Wow

"I hold my breath when I say this, but he's done amazing stuff on the ballfield. He's as good D in CF, as I've ever seen,"-Votto on Billy

"I have not said this publicly, but if Billy Hamilton learns to walk, he could be an MVP candidate"-Joey, 700 WLW #Reds #Wow

Why walk when you can run like that?

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived