2014 Reds Season Thread!!! GO REDS!!!

Bunghole

Funny, I heart radio for espn1530 is playing orioles baseball, but when I put it on 700wlw they said I heart radio can't stream games. WTF???

IHeartRadio is blacked out for the Reds and Bengals games - you have the MLB at bat package to get streaming radio - nice thing is you also get the video streams with that package as well and costs well less than the Cable/Directv MLB packages.

That was it, and the heart of the order too. Damn. They really should have at least scored one run there. Frazier's at bat was awful. How you let that third strike pitch go right by you down Broadway and not get the bat off your shoulder is beyond me. At least take a hack at it!

I wish they would have traded that ass clown Phillips. Get serious and play ball you stupid fucker. Taking off from third cost us a shot at that game.

They were the only two players with a hit yesterday.  Frazier 2H, 1 walk.  BP 1 H, 2 walks.

Also, the problem with Votto is that there's nobody behind him in the order that other teams are scared of, so they give him nothing but junk balls.  Now fans have complained about it so much that he's started swinging at them.

There is still way too much ball left to be played to make any kind of judgments about anything, but with that said..

The very first game shows the exact same issues the team had last year.  Nothing was done in the offseason to fix it and barring a miraculous season from Ludwick or Frazier, you can't expect it to change.

I do not believe this team has the offense to do any better than 3rd in the division. The pitching will only carry you so far, at some point you have to score some runs.

There is still way too much ball left to be played to make any kind of judgments about anything, but with that said..

The very first game shows the exact same issues the team had last year.  Nothing was done in the offseason to fix it and barring a miraculous season from Ludwick or Frazier, you can't expect it to change.

I do not believe this team has the offense to do any better than 3rd in the division. The pitching will only carry you so far, at some point you have to score some runs.

Kinda have to hope our pitching is good enough to keep us in contention and maybe walt will finally pull the trigger and get us a hitter at the deadline to put us over the top. The bats are going to have to be good enough to at least have a decent offense and that means todd and ryan are going to have to play more like they did in 2012 than they did in 2013.

Btw, I'm guessing we need to change the title of this thread?

Hey, we can. Let's just make it the 2014 season thread, then.

For any pitcher for 18 consecutive starts or to start a career?

Either way, impressive.

For Cingraini, it's BOTH.

I think Cingrani is already our best pitcher. Too bad he probably won't get a win since this team can't hit for shit.,,

He's great at picking off runners and a decent batter too. Future is bright for him for sure. Looks like it's going to start raining again soon too. Hopefully we can wrap it up before that happens.

Reds win! Reds win!

:headbang:

HELL YEAH!

I tell you...as much as we bemoan the lack of offense so far, the team many consider to be the best in all of MLB and that was in the World Series last year has scored the same amount of runs as the Reds through two games. Both games had GREAT pitching on both sides. Cingrani looks to be super legit. Hopefully Homer has a banner year and that's a super solid 3 out of your 5, with Leake not too far behind.

I'm drawing a blank...who is our fifth starter? Cueto, Cingrani, Bailey, Leake and...???

HELL YEAH!

I tell you...as much as we bemoan the lack of offense so far, the team many consider to be the best in all of MLB and that was in the World Series last year has scored the same amount of runs as the Reds through two games. Both games had GREAT pitching on both sides. Cingrani looks to be super legit. Hopefully Homer has a banner year and that's a super solid 3 out of your 5, with Leake not too far behind.

I'm drawing a blank...who is our fifth starter? Cueto, Cingrani, Bailey, Leake and...???

Right now it's Alfredo Simon

Right now it's Alfredo Simon

Doesn't sound like he'll get more than a couple of starts before Latos returns? Hopefully.

Also, worth pointing out that Heisey hit .310 with an OBP of .322, 6 HR, 12 RBI in Arizona.  Ludwick? .250, OBP .276, 1 HR, 5 RBI's.

So, I mean, naturally Ludwick is your opening day starter right? Because winning is secondary to your GM not losing face for making  a bad deal.

Starting to wonder how much control Dusty had over his lineups...

Archived