Rest in peace mom

BengalBacker

Not fishing for sympathy, no one is obligated to respond, just felt a need to post it.

My mom passed away this morning.

She had been in Hospice for about a week and a half, and she fought it to the end. When she was moved to Hospice we didn't expect her to last more than a day, two at the most. We went through the same thing with my dad four years ago. Anyone who has been through this knows how agonizing it is. If you haven't, pray that you never have to.

Love you mom.

Ah man, sorry to hear that, although as you say, if she was in hospice care she wasn't long for this world. RIP Dan's mom. 

I'm going to be facing this issue sooner rather than later as well as my parents are both in their 70's and Dad has a heart condition.

:(

Not fishing for sympathy, no one is obligated to respond, just felt a need to post it.

My mom passed away this morning.

She had been in Hospice for about a week and a half, and she fought it to the end. When she was moved to Hospice we didn't expect her to last more than a day, two at the most. We went through the same thing with my dad four years ago. Anyone who has been through this knows how agonizing it is. If you haven't, pray that you never have to.

Love you mom.

No, you are not a fishing for sympathy.  I understand.  I still find myself picking up the phone to make that phone call and then realizing nobody is there to answer it.  We talked over the phone and / or visited every day.

You and your family are in my prayers.

No, you are not a fishing for sympathy.  I understand.  I still find myself picking up the phone to make that phone call and then realizing nobody is there to answer it.  We talked over the phone and / or visited every day.

You and your family are in my prayers.

That's going to be the worst part for me. I can't really talk to my Dad about just anything, but I can with my mother. She's been my lifelong advisor.

You have my sincerest condolences, Dan. I lost my mother to cancer nearly 15 years ago. When she went into hospice I knew it was only a matter of time, and thankfully her suffering ended within a week. When my brother died unexpectedly of a heart attack last year, one of my first thoughts was that I was glad he didn't have to go out like mom did. Cherish your memories, and take solace in knowing she is no longer suffering.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Dan.You might not even know this, but you have been

one of my best friends for some time now.  Looking forward to the day when we can

be friends in real life. Wish it could have happened before we lost our parents. I would have

loved to meet them. I am sure they were fine people. Take care my friend. 

Archived