Cliven Bundy

MichaelWeston

Completely (or maybe not?) unrelated but I am reading this book: http://www.amazon.com/Ecstatic-Nation-Confidence-Compromise-1848-1877/dp/0061234575 (and it's REALLY good, by the way) and I never fully realized what a racist, self-aggrandizing, South-planter-class-ball-sucking asshole Andrew Johnson really was. Or how inebriated he was at Lincoln's second inaugural. Talk about setting the slavery clock back decades after the Civil War...Jesus that guy was a HORRIBLE President.

Completely (or maybe not?) unrelated but I am reading this book: http://www.amazon.com/Ecstatic-Nation-Confidence-Compromise-1848-1877/dp/0061234575 (and it's REALLY good, by the way) and I never fully realized what a racist, self-aggrandizing, South-planter-class-ball-sucking asshole Andrew Johnson really was. Or how inebriated he was at Lincoln's second inaugural. Talk about setting the slavery clock back decades after the Civil War...Jesus that guy was a HORRIBLE President.

You should read American Lion...

So...I've been staying out of getting into all this random news type shit cause of just..I dunno...lack of interest. But seriously...this guy isn't/didn't pay essentially his taxes and the super right wing and bullshit libertarians think that's just okay? Wasn't this dudes animals living/grazing on federal land? I really don't see how him and this "militia" waving their arms at the Feds weren't just taken in or out.

I dunno if the "domestic terrorism" thing by Reid is accurate, but it seems more so than not in my opinion.

I don't pay much attention to the news, admittedly, but I was a quasi-fan of Ben Swann when he was on Fox 19 but holy FUCK his site sucks now. all sorts of libertarian bullshit fear mongering and just general crap. So disappointed in the direction he went. Away from promoting the "truth in media" and towards promoting his own far right eradicate the government agenda. All these news types suck man

So...I've been staying out of getting into all this random news type shit cause of just..I dunno...lack of interest. But seriously...this guy isn't/didn't pay essentially his taxes and the super right wing and bullshit libertarians think that's just okay? Wasn't this dudes animals living/grazing on federal land? I really don't see how him and this "militia" waving their arms at the Feds weren't just taken in or out.

I dunno if the "domestic terrorism" thing by Reid is accurate, but it seems more so than not in my opinion.

I don't pay much attention to the news, admittedly, but I was a quasi-fan of Ben Swann when he was on Fox 19 but holy FUCK his site sucks now. all sorts of libertarian bullshit fear mongering and just general crap. So disappointed in the direction he went. Away from promoting the "truth in media" and towards promoting his own far right eradicate the government agenda. All these news types suck man

There's more money in fear than truth..

He was the worst president ever..

:facepalm:

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/24/us/politics/rancher-proudly-breaks-the-law-becoming-a-hero-in-the-west.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-thecaucus&_r=2

Donald Sterling approves of this.

Armed militiamen around Cliven Bundy's ranch in Nevada have set up road checkpoints and are asking passersby for proof of residency, according to a letter Rep. Steven Horsford (D-Nev.) sent Sunday to a local sheriff.

In the letter to Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie, Horsford, whose congressional district includes the area around the ranch, said recent events in Clark County have "caused many of my constituents to fear for their safety."http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/30/cliven-bundy-checkpoint_n_5239602.html?utm_hp_ref=politics

I hope this ends very violently for Bundy and his band of idiots. 

I hope this ends in a completely nonviolent manner with Bundy and his band of idiots being punished to the fullest extent of the law.

I guess you're right, but there's a part of me that's sick of the kid gloves treatment they get by virtue of being white guys.

I guess you're right, but there's a part of me that's sick of the kid gloves treatment they get by virtue of being white guys.

This times 1,000 billion trillion.

The sense of entitlement and level of disrespect for the government is appalling.

These guys think that they own the world and everyone else is here to serve them. American law enforcement routinely uses violence to solve disputes, why should change their operating procedures now? If a group of Muslims or Black Nationalist took over government owned land and set up armed checkpoints in the surrounding area don't you think the level of outrage against them would be slightly higher?

Bundy and his followers are domestic terrorist, they are using these armed checkpoints to instill fear into the local residents and they should be treated as terrorist .

This times 1,000 billion trillion.

The sense of entitlement and level of disrespect for the government is appalling.

These guys think that they own the world and everyone else is here to serve them. American law enforcement routinely uses violence to solve disputes, why should change their operating procedures know. If a group of Muslims or Black Nationalist took over government owned land and setup armed checkpoints in the surrounding area don't you think the level of outrage against them would be slightly higher?

Bundy and his followers are domestic terrorist, they are using these armed checkpoints to instill fear into the local residents and they should be treated as terrorist .

I'm down for wakeboarding them.

:ninja:

So you're driving home with your family and a couple men in camo with guns are standing in the road.  If you run them over is there a problem with that?

Yeah, it's pretty hot out here and you might damage your radiator... 

So you're driving home with your family and a couple men in camo with guns are standing in the road.  If you run them over is there a problem with that?

Not if I'm on the jury. Someone needs to roll up on them with cameras rolling. Who do these fucksticks think they are? We've got an armed militia harassing people on public roads. Unacceptable.

Rachel Maddow reports on infighting among militia groups gathered outside the ranch of momentary celebrity Cliven Bundy, and the safety concerns raised by neighbors and community members

They're pulling guns on each other.  How long before they start shooting each other.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show

Archived