You guys really think there is a difference in the taste of trout.. Be it brown ,rainbow brook?,,

Do you think fresh water and ocean fish taste the same?  Do you think Sea Bass tastes like Blue Gill?

Maybe, but I kind of doubt it. They don't sound as appetizing so I'm guessing there isn't much demand.

Fish taste better if you catch them yourself, though.

I'm sure it does, but the last time I went fishing I caught 1 blue gill in like 4 hours and that's when I said it wasn't for me.  I'd rather relax some other way....but I'm sure the fish does taste better.....fresh as can be.  

I'm sure it does, but the last time I went fishing I caught 1 blue gill in like 4 hours and that's when I said it wasn't for me.  I'd rather relax some other way....but I'm sure the fish does taste better.....fresh as can be.  

Not sure about the taste but there's only two things that smells like fish and one of them is fish 

:rsju31uh9:   badda BING

Blind man walks into a fish market.

Sez "hello, ladies".

:rsju31uh9:  badda BING

thank you... thank you very much... you're a wonderful audience...

I'll be here all week.

Do you think fresh water and ocean fish taste the same?  Do you think Sea Bass tastes like Blue Gill?

No I just meant in the trout comparison.Actually I have never had sea bass! Is it as good as the price? I don't know what it is now , but I recall it being like $19_/lb like 10 years ago.

It's like a salad, Middle East style.  Served cold.....like revenge.  Tabouleh ingredients:

Parsley

Cucumber

Red Onion

Tomatoe

Bulger Wheat (Or Quinoa)

Lemon juice

Olive Oil

tabouleh-1.jpg?b6400a

Finished product:

tabouleh-big-bowl-cafe-liz.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FaNzrtu0KM

While we are on the subject of OTA's...do any of you worry about the mercury warnings that come with eating too much fish?

You absolutely should.  Some types of fish are better than others for this but I try to eat fish no more than once a week.   Even very small amounts of mercury has been shown to impair brain function significantly in clinical trials. 

I think salmon is one whose lifespan is short enough so that the mercury can't accumulate but that applies to wild caught salmon, not the farmed variety which has significant levels.   I need to learn more about types of fish and mercury content.  Thanks for adding to my reading schotzee! 

You absolutely should.  Some types of fish are better than others for this but I try to eat fish no more than once a week.   Even very small amounts of mercury has been shown to impair brain function significantly in clinical trials. 

I think salmon is one whose lifespan is short enough so that the mercury can't accumulate but that applies to wild caught salmon, not the farmed variety which has significant levels.   I need to learn more about types of fish and mercury content.  Thanks for adding to my reading schotzee! 

Please share your findings :)

I forgot to add sea bass to my list of amazings. I've only had it once since it's so expensive. Got it for my birthday once at Ocean Club in Columbus. It was like $30-$40. It was delicious but I'll probably never do that again. Anyone have halibut? An old friend of mine swears by it. I've never had it. Another expensive fish.

And I think I've had sword fish steak. Which does nothing for me. Kinda dry.

Fellas, go to Fish Market on the levy across the river. Get the spicy Asian shrimp and then come back here and tell me it's not the best appetizer you've ever had.

I forgot to add sea bass to my list of amazings. I've only had it once since it's so expensive. Got it for my birthday once at Ocean Club in Columbus. It was like $30-$40. It was delicious but I'll probably never do that again. Anyone have halibut? An old friend of mine swears by it. I've never had it. Another expensive fish.

Yes. I said in an earlier post that halibut is one of my favorites.I think it comes from waters in Alaska.

Archived