Schedule Release Supposedly this week

The one good thing about the early bye is if I do go to the OSU game I can drive back on Sunday and not miss a Bengals game.

And with Ohio State having a bye the Saturday before I don't have to miss them play on the drive up either.

I think that's why the NFL scheduled the games the way they did, they had to make sure you can make all of your sporting events.

Having the thursday night game at home is big IMO. Im not sure what home teams went last year, but the games I watched they seemed to have an advantage.

When was the last time a bengals browns game was prime time?

Last I can thnk of is 1989 on Monday Night Football in Cincinnati.

Never seen so much love for such a mediocre team. unreal

Also, assuming that the 4:30PM ET starts other than @ Seattle are "game of the week" games or whatever, over half their games will be nationally televised.  Which, as you mentioned, would be more than they've won since '09.

I think this tells us everything we need to know about how the schedules are determined.

Parity league!

Selfishly I like the schedule... I prefer all the home games be early for better weather.

its not so bad the more you look at it, outside of the finishing 5 of 7 on the road and a road game on a short week.

IMO the primetime games are nearly as best as you could hope for.  Everyone has a Thursday game, so having it at home is a plus.  At New England was going to be a very possible loss anyway.  I'd rather, if you're going to have a road night game, it be a game that was already a likely loss than one that was very winnable that is now harder.  Home teams tend to gain an advantage with night games.  The crowd is more frenzied and the team feeds off of it.  In that same vein, I'd rather play Denver at home in a night game rather than at home at say 1pm.  The crowd will be jacked up and the team will feed off it.

Think of it like this.  IN 2011 a 1-5 Jacksonville team beat a 4-1 Baltmore team at home on MNF.  You think they're winning that game if its a Sunday at 1pm game?

IMO the primetime games are nearly as best as you could hope for.  Everyone has a Thursday game, so having it at home is a plus.  At New England was going to be a very possible loss anyway.  I'd rather, if you're going to have a road night game, it be a game that was already a likely loss than one that was very winnable that is now harder.  Home teams tend to gain an advantage with night games.  The crowd is more frenzied and the team feeds off of it.  In that same vein, I'd rather play Denver at home in a night game rather than at home at say 1pm.  The crowd will be jacked up and the team will feed off it.

Assuming we are still in the thick of things by then...

Hopefully well have the division wrapped up by that game and we will be playing Denver for a bye or home field advantage!

Having the thursday night game at home is big IMO. Im not sure what home teams went last year, but the games I watched they seemed to have an advantage.

When was the last time a bengals browns game was prime time?

Counting Thanksgiving night (but excluding Thanksgiving day games), home teams were 8-7 on Thursday nights last season.

Last I can thnk of is 1989 on Monday Night Football in Cincinnati.

The Bengals and Browns played on MNF in Cincinnati in 1989 and in Cleveland in 1990.

They played on Thursday in 1983 and 1986, but in those days, a Thursday game was rare in the NFL.

There were no Thursday NFL games from 1951 to 1977.  In 1978 there was one, 1979-86 there were two or three per season, 1987-89 none, and 1990-2005 there were one to three per season.

Destroy the 90s mindset of worry about failure.

Fact is we have guys in the lockeroom that have won the division twice. Geathers 3 times,lol old man. We have players that know nothing but competing for playoffs.

Let that sink in.

All the stuff we are worrying about with the schedule gets a collective yawn from a lockeroom with that track record.

Interesting reads....

@theMMQB: How a Schedule is Made. @SI_PeterKing got exclusive access and pulls back curtain on NFL's secret process: http://t.co/K5CsqGNc2F

@Bengals: http://t.co/vhdu4FNOnn takes a look at key match-ups by opponent for the 14' schedule-http://t.co/YqVWX9v9nt #Bengals http://t.co/fOmJFFy0wb

Peter King pulls back curtain, finds nutmeg lattes.

Actually, it just confirms that the schedule is built around the prime time games.  And since we know who gets the prime time games, the schedule is built around accommodating exposure for the marquee franchises.

Shocking, I know.

I think that's why the NFL scheduled the games the way they did, they had to make sure you can make all of your sporting events.

It's nice to be connected. ;)

But they messed up the Baltimore game, it's too close to my trip to Cincinnati.

Archived