What router are you using

So I may be switching providers in the near future (DSL to fiber) and I'm considering getting a new wireless router. I'm looking for some ideas.

I was looking at the Asus RT-AC66R (currently have a Netgear wndr3700).  Should I just run the Netgear until it dies?

Thoughts or suggestions?

I've heard some really really good things about that Asus router; my co-worker bought one a few months back and loves it.  Don't have any long-term feedback of course, but preliminary results are excellent.

If you are doing a lot of streaming via wireless and don't mind dropping the cash, by all means pick one up.  If no, the Netgear should suffice for the near future.

Oh, and I'm insanely jealous that you have access to fiber... :glare:

They just ran it through our neighborhood last summer and will do a free install with the condition that you have it for a year.  77/77M for $49 a month (144/144 is $99) for internet only.  We actually don't have a phone or TV service.

Right now I've got DSL at 20 down for $20 bucks a month....that is expiring, so I'm debating the install pretty carefully.  I'm thinking the install alone increases the house price.

They just ran it through our neighborhood last summer and will do a free install with the condition that you have it for a year.  77/77M for $49 a month (144/144 is $99) for internet only.  We actually don't have a phone or TV service.

Right now I've got DSL at 20 down for $20 bucks a month....that is expiring, so I'm debating the install pretty carefully.  I'm thinking the install alone increases the house price.

:685:

If you don't  get fiber I will personally drive up there and bat you on the nose with a rolled up newspaper... 

I have an Arris TG862G Modem that Comcast sent me that has an internal router and while Comcast may be many things, they sent me this for free as an upgrade, along with bumping up my speeds to around 100 down and 25 up, so I've got no complaints with it. So far so good.

• 1 month later...

Archived