Day 2 Big Board

if there's a run on OL, a nice pick for the Bengals would be Stephon Tuitt if he were to fall.  6'6 300lb Dlineman who can play all four positions on the dline who some thought may be a late first round pick.

It's guys like that who could be the real surprises where we pick. I didn't even have him on my list because I assumed he would be gone. Would be an interesting guy for sure.

if there's a run on OL, a nice pick for the Bengals would be Stephon Tuitt if he were to fall.  6'6 300lb Dlineman who can play all four positions on the dline who some thought may be a late first round pick.

I don't think they need DL that high, but he'd be great value with great versatility.

Excellent thought.

Just messin around with some best available boards.    Magic Numbers Bitonio falling.

23 picks?    5 o-line taken first round before bengals.   Assume 1 team doubles down on 0-line (Miami)

Brings you to 19.

Best available boards at face value

Defense - 7 picks.

Brings you to 12

Offensive skill - 12 picks.

Brings you to 0. 

Very good chance he will fall or if he's taken another one will fall.     Flat assumptions being made.

If it doesn't happen because teams double down or trade out and o-line is gobbled up.   Opens the door for Qb/RB/DL being best value probably.

Just messin around with some best available boards.    Magic Numbers Bitonio falling.

23 picks?    5 o-line taken first round before bengals.   Assume 1 team doubles down on 0-line (Miami)

Brings you to 19.

Best available boards at face value

Defense - 7 picks.

Brings you to 12

Offensive skill - 12 picks.

Brings you to 0. 

Very good chance he will fall or if he's taken another one will fall.     Flat assumptions being made.

If it doesn't happen because teams double down or trade out and o-line is gobbled up.   Opens the door for Qb/RB/DL being best value probably.

Is this your list of who you think will be taken between 33 and 54? If so, that seems like a really high number offensive skill position. Can't see more than 1 or 2 RBs. Same with QB and TE. Should be some WRs but not 7 or 8 of them.

Just went to http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php

And they have the mock draft updated with first round players taken.

When it came to our pick Moses, Crighton, Hyde, Borland and all the C's were still there. Lots of WR, DL and a couple QBs went before us. I don't see that happening but clearly there will be good players left.

I think we'll have our pick of some quality guys.

Is this your list of who you think will be taken between 33 and 54? If so, that seems like a really high number offensive skill position. Can't see more than 1 or 2 RBs. Same with QB and TE. Should be some WRs but not 7 or 8 of them.

Oooops  I added in 0-line as well and didn't change the title of category.  Clearly  some 0-line will be taken.   I was flipping back and forth between best available lists.

Key point.   5 teams went 0-line before bengals in the first which would require trading out and/or doubling down for a quality prospects for the line to not be there.   Rough estimate there are 5 0-line prospects in the top 23 remaining.    1 or 2 should be there at 55.

If Bitonio taken it's a wash as another will obviously not be taken.   Just a flat view point on if there will be a run or not without trying to guess what teams will do or what the actual team draft boards look like.

Fun numbers game just tick them off as they happen and then guess if the position comes up correctly.

Just went to http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php

And they have the mock draft updated with first round players taken.

When it came to our pick Moses, Crighton, Hyde, Borland and all the C's were still there. Lots of WR, DL and a couple QBs went before us. I don't see that happening but clearly there will be good players left.

I think we'll have our pick of some quality guys.

Moses  would be a steal.   I don't know that he can be a left tackle in the league, but he'd be a very good right tackle and probably a good left guard.

Tuitt is exactly the kind of guy we take.  I also think that if he loses the 20 lbs he put on last year he's a much better player for us.  We'd have three power rushers but still no real speed rusher. 

It'll be interesting.  As I look at the team and start thinking about needs, which we seem to do more of after the first,  I don't get much further along in figuring out who we might take.  Marvin did say yesterday that taking the CB yesterday freed them up later in the draft to pick from areas where there was more depth.

Sadly, I think OT doesn't have a whole lot, at least not when you think about LT prospects.  I did some looking around last night, and other than Cyrus K., Tiny Richardson is the guy who'd seem most appropriate.  Beyond that, there are a lot of guys who could fill in nicely as G prospects.

If we don't go for a big RB prospect in the 2nd like Hyde or Hill, I can really see a place for Chris Sims in the 3rd or 4th.  He's an amazing receiver, a kind of Darren McFadden light, so I could see Hue being intrigued.  I was thinking last night about whether or not we wanted to aggressively try to replace what Andrew Hawkins brought to the team (speedy underneath guy), and I kept found myself thinking another RB who could line up outside would be a more versatile threat.  If only Andre Williams could catch, I'd be in love...

LB is the one that has me most worried.  Sure, we have a bunch of guys, but we could really see an upgrade in both weak and strong, for depth if nothing else. I'm going to have to hope that Taylor Mays and Lamur have recovered from their shoulder injuries, because I think both are ideally suited for the roles the team found for them last year.  Still, if an edge rushing SLB is there, it would be hard to pass up. Kyle Van Noy, though he lacks the meanness I want, is very smooth and gives you both superb dropping and rushing skills.  But I could just as easily see us taking a dropping Demarcus Lawrence or Jeremiah Attachou, or a Chris Smith a round or two later.  IMO this team still needs an edge rush - especially when it's money time - in the worst way.

Which is the same reason that I wouldn't mind another penetrating 3 Tech tackle. From what I've seen so far, Still isn't really that guy - and he's just had back surgery.  Caraun Reid is one guy that has me excited/intrigued.  Kind of an Aaron Donald light.

wonder if the Bengals are hoping to snag Brandon Thomas in the 3rd and let him sit on IR for a year.  He can be a franchise left tackle.

They also really like Cameron Fleming and Wesley Johnson as far as OT's go.  Johnson seems to be like Martin, can maybe play all 5 spots.  Fleming is probably a RT or LG only.

Oooops  I added in 0-line as well and didn't change the title of category.  Clearly  some 0-line will be taken.   I was flipping back and forth between best available lists.

Key point.   5 teams went 0-line before bengals in the first which would require trading out and/or doubling down for a quality prospects for the line to not be there.   Rough estimate there are 5 0-line prospects in the top 23 remaining.    1 or 2 should be there at 55.

If Bitonio taken it's a wash as another will obviously not be taken.   Just a flat view point on if there will be a run or not without trying to guess what teams will do or what the actual team draft boards look like.

Fun numbers game just tick them off as they happen and then guess if the position comes up correctly.

Gotcha, makes sense.

Agree about the numbers. We have the 23rd pick and there are more than 23 good players left. No matter who goes off the board before us, we are in great shape to land a really good player.

@RapSheet: The expectation from the #Texans is that someone will want to move up to 33, but not to take a QB. The thought is a run on D-linemen.

That sounds about right. A surprising number of talented guys still left. Hageman, Tuitt, Nix, Ealy, Crichton, Martin, Jernigan, etc.

wonder if the Bengals are hoping to snag Brandon Thomas in the 3rd and let him sit on IR for a year.  He can be a franchise left tackle.

Franchise LG at worst.  I'd be all for it.  You could gamble that he'd last until the 4th, but I think you're right - that if you want him you'll have to take him in 3.  Frankly, I think a team with a bunch of extra picks (CLE) will do it, as SF did with Lattimore last year.

Franchise LG at worst.  I'd be all for it.  You could gamble that he'd last until the 4th, but I think you're right - that if you want him you'll have to take him in 3.  Frankly, I think a team with a bunch of extra picks (CLE) will do it, as SF did with Lattimore last year.

Cleveland may need all those picks to hop around like a flea on a griddle again.

They also really like Cameron Fleming and Wesley Johnson as far as OT's go.  Johnson seems to be like Martin, can maybe play all 5 spots.  Fleming is probably a RT or LG only.

How do you know who they like?

Second round wishlist: 

Carlos Hyde

Marcus Martin

LaMarcus Joyner

Joel Bitonio

Kareem Martin

With the depth the Bengals have I don't have a problem with them taking an injured guy at a bargain pick and "redshirtting" him a year.  I'd consider it with CB Aaron Colvin later in the draft as well.

I don't think Cleveland has the luxury of letting even a 3rd rounder spend their rookie season on IR. Too many needs.

Moses  would be a steal.   I don't know that he can be a left tackle in the league, but he'd be a very good right tackle and probably a good left guard.

Agreed... I honestly would not have shed any tears if they picked him in round 1 if things fell differently.  I even think he can play LT.

Archived