What team did best in your opinion on day 1?

Like what Zimmer did, getting both Bridgewater and Anthony Barr. Think both of those guys will be big keys for him going forward.

Rams did great, but hard not to when you have 2 and 13.

Browns did well also. Getting that Buffalo 1st just to move down those few spots was really smart. That is probably going to be a top 10 or 15 pick next year. 

Like what Zimmer did, getting both Bridgewater and Anthony Barr. Think both of those guys will be big keys for him going forward.

Rams did great, but hard not to when you have 2 and 13.

Browns did well also. Getting that Buffalo 1st just to move down those few spots was really smart. That is probably going to be a top 10 or 15 pick next year. 

Yeah, I'm not a believer in EJ Manuel so I think Cleveland fleeced Buffalo, whose GM might not be around next year after the team is sold.

Bengals got a good player and excellent value in Dennard. He could easily have gone #10. Rams are doing well also with Robinson and Donald. There were quite a few reaches by other teams imo. Marcus Smith? Deone Bucannon? 

Rams did great.  

Cleveland did well only because they got the extra first rounder.  Manziel will bust IMO, and while I'm a big Gilbert fan, Zimmer fleeced them by trading up 1 spots.  

I thought the Bills were big losers.  They didn't need a WR imo, and they traded up to boot.

Jags I thought reached, even though I think Bortles was the best QB.

I didn't love Minny's draft, but only because I'm not a huge Barr or Bridgewater fan.  They got Bridgewater at a good spot though.  and since they got Cleveland's 3rd, they basically traded a 4th and a 2nd for Bridgewater and a 3rd.  Nice deal.

Falcons totally lucked out with Matthews.  Great night for them.

Raiders, I would have gone Watkins over Mack.

Lions and Ebron is a head scratcher.

Dallas made a smart pick with martin.

Giants I thought reached with Beckham.

Titans got Lewan to go with the really good offseason they had.

Bears and Fuller a really good match.

Dolphins horribly reached for James.

Steelers reached with Shazier.

Baltimore got a nice one with Moseley if he's healthy.

Packers, not a Ha-ha fan.  

Cooks is going to put up big numbers with Brees in New Orleans.  

Eagles, Cards and Panthers all reached.  It was clear that after Verrett, there wasn't much first round value left. 

Love Easley, reminds me of Geno, but Pats could have traded down and gotten him.

Roby to a team with legal Pot, uh oh.

Rams did great.  

Cleveland did well only because they got the extra first rounder.  Manziel will bust IMO, and while I'm a big Gilbert fan, Zimmer fleeced them by trading up 1 spots.  

I thought the Bills were big losers.  They didn't need a WR imo, and they traded up to boot. Love Watkins for them, but now under a ton of pressure not to suck this year or they will look really stupid this time next year. I think Stevie Johnson is on the outs there and could be had in trade for a late pick. He's getting a little old and makes a lot of money for mediocre play the last few years. Seems like kind of a headache to deal with off the field too. I think they needed a playmaker on O, but the price was too high.

Jags I thought reached, even though I think Bortles was the best QB.

I didn't love Minny's draft, but only because I'm not a huge Barr or Bridgewater fan.  They got Bridgewater at a good spot though.  and since they got Cleveland's 3rd, they basically traded a 4th and a 2nd for Bridgewater and a 3rd.  Nice deal.  They just got a 5th from Cleveland I think. I assume that Detroit was maybe trying to jump up to 8 to get Gilbert and Cleveland gave up the pick to move up instead? Philly was the team that fleeced the 3 from the Browns, not Minny.

Falcons totally lucked out with Matthews.  Great night for them.

Raiders, I would have gone Watkins over Mack. Watkins went 4th. So it was between Mack, Mathews and Evans.

Lions and Ebron is a head scratcher.

Dallas made a smart pick with martin.

Giants I thought reached with Beckham.

Titans got Lewan to go with the really good offseason they had.

Bears and Fuller a really good match.

Steelers reached with Shazier.

Baltimore got a nice one with Moseley if he's healthy.

Packers, not a Ha-ha fan.  

Cooks is going to put up big numbers with Brees in New Orleans.  

Eagles, Cards and Panthers all reached.  It was clear that after Verrett, there wasn't much first round value left. Agreed. I was pretty worried about our 1st rounder and things went how I expected (feared) for the first 21 picks. The Manziel and Ford picks threw us a lifeline and we got the last legit no-brainer 1st round talent (imo) with Dennard. After 24, there were a lot of round 1-2 tweeners and teams just had to make the best of it. 

Love Easley, reminds me of Geno, but Pats could have traded down and gotten him. Reports were Seattle was visibly pissed/deflated that he went 29th and that is why they traded down from 32. That was their guy. So Pats couldn't have really moved down and got him.

Roby to a team with legal Pot, uh oh. Ha, yep, that could really backfire.

This year, as with every year, the Browns are going to the Supah Bowwwwwww!

Yes, I live in North Central Ohio.

Off work today and couldn't even watch NFL network or ESPN.  The Manzeil hype has reached Tebow levels.  Thought I would come back to my old stomping grounds here to get some real football conversation and information.   

As the Dolphins' GM in the mock draft all I can say is what the fuck was I thinking?  Is it any mystery now why I was fired in Tampa Bay?

I could have easily moved down, picked up a pick and gotten this guy WAY later in the draft.  Hell, second round but hey, I am  The Hickster.

Off work today and couldn't even watch NFL network or ESPN.  The Manzeil hype has reached Tebow levels.  Thought I would come back to my old stomping grounds here to get some real football conversation and information.   

Did you hear?   Cleveland drafted Johnny Football.

Vikes had the best draft, closely followed by the Rams.

Having spent half hour watching various Johnny Cocknugget vids, he's a bust of the highest order. The amount of times he'd have been lit up by an NFL calibre line-backer is ridiculous. If there was an over/under on the amount of concussions/broken legs that kids gonna get I'll take the over, no matter what the line is set at. The Browns fleeced the Bills, but then wasted it. So the Browns were the Browns.

We did well, but it was out of our control that he fell and then a no-brainer to draft him.

Like what the Rams did.  You win games in the trenches.  Best interior pass rusher and a guy that could be the best tackle in the league once he puts it all together in a few years.

Thought Carolina massively reached.  I don't think Benjamin is that good.  Should have tried to drop down or grabbed an offensive lineman.  

Did you hear?   Cleveland drafted Johnny Football.

I had no clue!  But every time I hear Johnny Football...  I think of Johnny Fever.   Crazy.  I know.  Does Cleveland have a WKRP?  Could be the making of a new sitcom.   

Archived