*******Official DAY 3 Draft Thread*******

Thanks to everyone who joined in the draft chat. It's infinitely more enjoyable here than on twitter or similar.

Loving those of us die-hard enough to care about every pick.

WHODEY!

Yea.. This is always fun.. For the most part...

Game day threads are different... Some miserable fucks in there...
One bad play and it's over...
I actually like Twitter for game days...

1181 May have already posted this info somewhere, but it's remarkable to me that, from what I can tell, we had Dennard, Hill, Clarke, Flowers all in for visits.  It's just so interesting to me that the team really does identify guys, not just at the top but all the way through the draft, that they think will be good fits and that they have some kind of inkling they'll have a shot at.  I was wondering why Bodine hadn't come in for a visit, and then I just read this quote from Marvin, which pretty much meant he didn't have to (incidentally, he WAS one of 60 interviews at the combine):

He’s seen as a leader type of guy with a great personality ...

“Great leader, yes. I had that 15-minute exposure that I get for the guys in Indy, and when I write down in my notes that I want this guy on the football team, that says a lot. He’s one of the guys I wrote that down for.”

How many would you say you do that for on an average combine?

“Out of 60, probably three or four. We’ve got a bunch of them on this football team that we’ve had over the years. I think that’s a good thing. That’s an impressive thing. Sometimes they tend to play the same positions (Laughs). They’re stable guys and guys that you want to build from.”

1181 May have already posted this info somewhere, but it's remarkable to me that, from what I can tell, we had Dennard, Hill, Clarke, Flowers all in for visits.  It's just so interesting to me that the team really does identify guys, not just at the top but all the way through the draft, that they think will be good fits and that they have some kind of inkling they'll have a shot at.  I was wondering why Bodine hadn't come in for a visit, and then I just read this quote from Marvin, which pretty much meant he didn't have to (incidentally, he WAS one of 60 interviews at the combine):

He’s seen as a leader type of guy with a great personality ...

“Great leader, yes. I had that 15-minute exposure that I get for the guys in Indy, and when I write down in my notes that I want this guy on the football team, that says a lot. He’s one of the guys I wrote that down for.”

How many would you say you do that for on an average combine?

“Out of 60, probably three or four. We’ve got a bunch of them on this football team that we’ve had over the years. I think that’s a good thing. That’s an impressive thing. Sometimes they tend to play the same positions (Laughs). They’re stable guys and guys that you want to build from.”

We did have people at Bodine's Pro Day. And Zampese had a personal visit with McCarron separate from his Pro Day.

I saw that.  Still, the official visit seems the most special, because it's limited, and because I assume it's public information within the league.  If not, they need to do a better job of keeping that info private because 1181 amasses about 3/4 of them here.

They apparently spent a lot of time with Flowers, according to someone here.

Zampese and Marvin were at mccarron's pro day and zampese yesterday said he spent a whole day with him.

Alexander was at Bodine's pro day.

Further, Hill and Clarke were taken in part because the Bengals coaches have very strong relationships at LSU and West Virginia.

It is such a good fit it makes me wonder if Goodell did some ear whispering to the teams to set this up.

Marshall Faulk said right after the pick that it was good that he got picked so Goodell wouldn't have to answer questions about why he wasn't drafted.This was definitely orchestrated. They probably wanted to make sure that he wasn't Mr Irrelevant. Plus people would turn the draft off after the last pick and they wouldn't have an audience for Sam and his boyfriend to shove their lifestyle down America's throat. Do they really need to show anybody making out during the draft? And it's funny how nobody seems to care about how patronizing this pick was.

Marshall Faulk said right after the pick that it was good that he got picked so Goodell wouldn't have to answer questions about why he wasn't drafted.This was definitely orchestrated. They probably wanted to make sure that he wasn't Mr Irrelevant. Plus people would turn the draft off after the last pick and they wouldn't have an audience for Sam and his boyfriend to shove their lifestyle down America's throat. Do they really need to show anybody making out during the draft? And it's funny how nobody seems to care about how patronizing this pick was.

That is your idea of "making out" lol? All three days when players got picked we saw them sobbing and kissing their Significant Others. No real difference with Sam there. Same as it ever was.

That is your idea of "making out" lol? All three days when players got picked we saw them sobbing and kissing their Significant Others. No real difference with Sam there. Same as it ever was.

Kissing, supportive pats on the back, longingly looking into each others eyes.

Frankly, I was good with all of it until the cake smashing.

I had to look away. 

Actually, I think he got picked so low, because a lot of the old white guys are like you, and think their way of life is the only way.  Change is coming, either get on board or get run the fuck over!

Apparently you didn't see all of the clips. Hair on fire knows what I'm talking about.

Hopefully, if/when he is cut, the reasoning will be understood as lack of football talent as opposed to homophobia.

There will be groups that will see it as homophobic regardless of the team's explanation.

Actually, I think he got picked so low, because a lot of the old white guys are like you, and think their way of life is the only way.  Change is coming, either get on board or get run the fuck over!

It's pretty fascist to expect me to accept someting because you do. I didn't say that my lifestyle is the only way. But I wouldn't use my lifestyle to secure a draft spot. Do you think that if Clowney said he was gay, then nobody would draft him? That's basically what you're saying. But it's probably true that some old white owners would not draft him to avoid the media circus.

Apparently you didn't see all of the clips. Hair on fire knows what I'm talking about.

I do indeed.

I was good with Sam crying like a baby. Because they all do that, right? And I was good with the gay kiss and the lover gently rubbing Sam's arm in a comforting manner.

But smashing a piece of cake into your lovers face and then grinding it through his hair?  On draft day?

Seriously, are we really doing that now? Is that a new trend?

I'm perfectly willing to treat Michael Sam like any other football player, which is what he claimed he wanted most.

But damn....why do you got to make it weird like that?

Uh, I know tons of black dudes that are way more homophobic than any white people I know. Homophobia isn't secluded to a particular race. Nice of you to get your racism for the day in here.

Do you have a problem when other players kiss their girlfriends?

Uh, I know tons of black dudes that are way more homophobic than any white people I know. Homophobia isn't secluded to a particular race. Nice of you to get your racism for the day in here.

Yep, my racism and my pro gayism!  If I could only find a way to get my pro choice and progressive policy points in, I could have a 4 hitter!

Archived