Isla Vista Killings

CincyInDC

Sad, predictable, and par for course.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Isla_Vista_killings

Since no one tried to take this guy out, we obviously need more guns out there.

It is a further illustration that the current background checks are insufficient to prevent these type of things from happening.  Suspect was receiving psychiatric care and meds but somehow managed to pass a background check in California ?  All of this should sound familiar to another college shooting.

The perpetrator passed a background check as required by California's universal background check law

It is a further illustration that the current background checks are insufficient to prevent these type of things from happening.  Suspect was receiving psychiatric care and meds but somehow managed to pass a background check in California ?  All of this should sound familiar to another college shooting.

THIS.

Neg repping makes people feel better about themselves apparently....

And HOW does yet another person with mental issues get access to guns?   Why aren't the laws already in place being enforced?  Are guns and their consequences not an important enough subject? 

Neg repping makes people feel better about themselves apparently....

And HOW does yet another person with mental issues get access to guns?   Why aren't the laws already in place being enforced?  Are guns and their consequences not an important enough subject? 

Because 'merica thats why

Who the fuck gave you a -1 for this? Whoever they are, they are a miserable asshole.

((shrug)) 

My girlfriend lived in Isla Vista not too long ago and shopped at the deli/grocery where one of the shootings took place.  It freaks her out a lot, as it should. 

My wife and I are friends of one of the victims parents. Not real close but over the years we watched their daughter grow up. Not the type of end you'd ever imagine.

• 3 weeks later...

The 3rd death int he Las Vegas shootings was a conceal carry guy trying to help out who didn't know the wife was behind him. 

Yep.  The "Good guy with a gun" ended up fucking dead... 

:facepalm:

I guess thats what happens when you try to play cowboy sometimes, sad.

Archived