Sink or Swim: RGIII, Bradford, Cutler, Dalton

Won't watch the video at work, so I don't know what was said yet.

But I don't think anyone here is arguing Dalton is just fine the way he is.  He needs to get better.

Some of us are willing to give him that chance, because we have seen progression since his rookie year, and some don't think he will and want him gone.

Yeah... those 2 dip shits are right.  You posting this... and them talking, yep.  I'm convinced.  I'd fucking cut him.  I'd start Campbell.  Or wait... I'm not sure if he has won a playoff game either.  I'd start McCarron.  He has won in college.  Perfect.  Super Bowl... here we come!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000353352/Sink-or-Swim-RGIII-Bradford-Cutler-and-Dalton

Funny how even NFL experts think the same as few of us do. Only the EXPERTS on Go-Bengals think otherwise. You guys should really get a job on NFL Network.

You convinced me! Your argument is so compelling! Experts are always right! For years I haven't been able to figure out why they even bother playing the games!

Rumble, these "experts" are just squawking heads seeking more attention for them and NFLN.com. And what was the context? Season...post-season...what? They were all over the place. RGIII is going to "Swim" because he now has Jackson? Bradford is going to "Swim" because he has 14 TD's but "is obviously a franchise QB"? This is "expert" analysis?

Won't watch the video at work, so I don't know what was said yet.

But I don't think anyone here is arguing Dalton is just fine the way he is.  He needs to get better.

Some of us are willing to give him that chance, because we have seen progression since his rookie year, and some don't think he will and want him gone.

Jason, I am on board of giving him a chance to prove us all wrong. But I am also not on board of paying someone an extension that needs to prove that he can win more games especially in the playoffs. The Bengals organization needs to let him show that he can win in the playoffs before extending him. Let him play out his contract. 

Yeah... those 2 dip shits are right.  You posting this... and them talking, yep.  I'm convinced.  I'd fucking cut him.  I'd start Campbell.  Or wait... I'm not sure if he has won a playoff game either.  I'd start McCarron.  He has won in college.  Perfect.  Super Bowl... here we come!

First they didn't say cut him sherlock holmes. All they are saying is that Dalton is your Tony Romo type QB. He'll put up excellent numbers during the season then shit the bed in the playoffs. And that they don't see him getting better as a QB. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000353352/Sink-or-Swim-RGIII-Bradford-Cutler-and-Dalton

Funny how even NFL experts think the same as few of us do. Only the EXPERTS on Go-Bengals think otherwise. You guys should really get a job on NFL Network. 

Funny is how you agree with folks on there, when they say things you agree with, but act like they're dumbasses when they say something you don't.

Guys, my Friends of GB, the point is Dalton has done the same thing 3 yrs in a row and what these guys are saying is he's not going to all of a sudden change. They are saying he's going to give us the same thing again. They are saying the the Bengals roster is one of the most talented one and that they believe we will go to the playoffs because of how deep our roster is but that Dalton isn't going to get us passed the first round just like the last 3 seasons. I HOPE THEY ARE WRONG but it is easy to believe that stuff due to history. 

Heath Shuler and Jamie Dukes... NFL experts?

Really?

Really?

The literal definition of oxymoron.

These guys played in the NFL USN. Non of us on GB played in teh NFL! They know a little more than we do I'd think. 

Playing in the NFL makes you an expert analyzing what they think will happen in the future with another player?

Ok... just remember this Rumble, it's their opinion and only that.

Like the old saying goes;

Opinions are like asshole...etc.

I'm of the opinion that he needs to SHOW he can get it done in prime time and in the playoffs... then I'll buy off on him completely.

Heath Shuler and Jamie Dukes didn't do shit in the NFL...

I would expect that everyone registered on this site HOPES Dalton improves his performance in the playoffs (as well as nationally televised and division games). 

It's just a lot of us don't think he will. 

I sure hope I'm wrong.

I don't know about you, but there's A LOT of guys who I hope improve their performance in high profile games.  There's about 25 of them.  Coaches too.  

I don't know about you, but there's A LOT of guys who I hope improve their performance in high profile games.  There's about 25 of them.  Coaches too.  

Agree 100%--the D-Line has shit the bed in the last 3 playoff games and Gruden refused to stick with the run.

Playing in the NFL makes you an expert analyzing what they think will happen in the future with another player?

Ok... just remember this Rumble, it's their opinion and only that.

Like the old saying goes;

Opinions are like asshole...etc.

I'm of the opinion that he needs to SHOW he can get it done in prime time and in the playoffs... then I'll buy off on him completely.

Heath Shuler and Jamie Dukes didn't do shit in the NFL...

So are you on board of not paying him or extending him until he proves that he can win in the playoffs?

Did we really need another thread for this?

Rumble:

At first I thought you were being facetious...

Then I thought you were just trying to stir the pot...

It saddens me to see that you actually take serious the musings of such talking head and program time and space offseason void fillers as Jamie Dukes and Heath Shuler...

Did we really need another thread for this?

Rumble:

At first I thought you were being facetious...

Then I thought you were just trying to stir the pot...

It saddens me to see that you actually take serious the musings of such talking head and program time and space offseason void fillers as Jamie Dukes and Heath Shuler...

So are you on board of not paying him or extending him until he proves that he can win in the playoffs?

No... because you have to GET to the playoffs to win in the playoffs. He's proven he can get us there, now he has to win. Do people not realize just how hard it is to get a QB that can get you to the playoffs?

He doesn't deserve elite money, but he's a proven winner in the NFL... just not in prime time yet. A shitload of other famous QBs had a hard time getting their first win also.

Last I'm saying on this subject, because we're killing the zombie horse yet again.

No... because you have to GET to the playoffs to win in the playoffs. He's proven he can get us there, now he has to win. Do people not realize just how hard it is to get a QB that can get you to the playoffs?

He doesn't deserve elite money, but he's a proven winner in the NFL... just not in prime time yet. A shitload of other famous QBs had a hard time getting their first win also.

Last I'm saying on this subject, because we're killing the zombie horse yet again.

Andy hasn't gotten them anywhere. First thing a DD posts is the playoff short comings of other team members to defend Dalton.

He's been along for the ride. The worse part is he can fuck it up for everybody.

Dukes' final comment was interesting in the way it exposed some faulty thinking. He said the Bengals have enough talent to get to the playoffs. Yet, apparently he, and many others, think that success in the playoffs depends on one person--Dalton. I agree with what others here have said--that the entire team has to perform a bit better under that particular spotlight.

And poor Dalton. The guy is good enough to take this team to the playoffs his first three seasons which elevates the expectations of everyone. But because he isn't the prototypical specimen of an ideal NFL QB, he doesn't get much charity. If, and I say this is a big if, he becomes an elite QB in this league, it'll be because he has Montana-like qualities and not Steve Young-like qualities.

I'm all for giving him the chance, unless Akili or Blake want to come out of retirement.

Archived