Devon Stills daughter

Didn't see this posted...

So sad.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/3/5777708/devon-still-reveals-daughter-has-cancer

We reported earlier that Bengals defensive tackle Devon Still was absent from practice today for the start of the latest round of OTA practices. It turned out Still was dealing with an undisclosed personal issue, and his return was unknown.

Still just revealed his daughter sadly has developed some form of cancer:

"I debated with myself whether I was going to post anything on social media but I felt it would be beneficial for my family..last night I found out my daughter has cancer...I decided to let ppl know not for sympathy because I've come to the point where I no longer feeling sorrow but to ask that y'all keep my daughter in your prayers the more prayers that go up the more faith we habe that she will overcome this obstacle...if y'all know me y'all know this girl is my world I know that she is strong and she won't let anything hold her down without a fight..thanks everyone for the continued support of my family."

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Still and his family.

That's simply awful and heartbreaking.  One of a parent's worst nightmares.  Thoughts/prayers.

A little bit more info here from this WCPO article...no details about type of cancer or anything though:

http://www.wcpo.com/sports/football/bengals/devon-still-cincinnati-bengals-defensive-tackle-announces-his-daughter-has-cancer

CINCINNATI – Bengals defensive tackle Devon Still says his daughter Leah has cancer and asks fans to keep her in their prayers.

Still posted this on his Instagram account:

"I debated with myself whether I was going to post anything on social media but I felt it would be beneficial for my family. Last night I found out my daughter has cancer. I decided to let ppl know not for sympathy because I've come to the point where I no longer feeling sorrow but to ask that y'all keep my daughter in your prayers.

"The more prayers that go up the more faith we have that she will overcome this obstacle.

"If y'all know me, y'all know this girl is my world. I know that she is strong and she won't let anything hold her down without a fight. Thanks everyone for the continued support of my family."

Devon%20Still%20Instagram%20message_1401

Later, Still posted this message:

"I can't tell y'all how much it means to have your support. I never knew how many ppl felt a connection with Leah just from the pictures/video I post on here but it's a beautiful thing and I know she appreciates it."

The Bengals website lists Still's daughter's name as Leshari. No other details about her are included.

The Bengals have not commented on Still's announcement. Still was absent from the first two days of OTA's (Organized Team Activities) on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Still, 24, was the Bengals' second-round draft choice in 2012 out of Penn State. He was first-team All-America and Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year in 2011.

Still had a promising rookie season as a reserve player in 2012, but he was hampered by injuries last year.

Archived