WORLD CUP 2014

Any fans of the beautiful sport? 

I didn't get to watch (DVR'd it) Brasil vs Croatia...will check it out but Brasil won 3-1, they'll be tough at home. 

USA is a huge underdog but that's familiar territory.....have some talent and experience. 

Wonderful time if you're a fan. 

Brasil looked pretty average to my eye.  Croatia wins that game if they have Manduzkic and a decent keeper.  Croatia came out bombing and then bunkered once Brasil tied it up.  Just wait until you see how the second goal was had...Jeesh. Don't think Brasil is getting out of the quarters.

I have Argentina beating Germany since it is in SA.  Aguero, Messi, Higuan, and Di Maria is so nasty.

Think US gets second in their group and runs into a juggernaut Belgium and gets dominated.  Too excited for Monday.

Didn't get to watch, but sounds like Mexico had two incorrectly called offsides that produced goals.  I'm all for bad reffing if it helps the US, but it usually does not...see 2010.

Wasn't Croatia's only goal from Brazil scoring on themselves?

Yeah, but they had quite a few nice chances including some crucial missed headers.  Their best player is a really nice aerial threat and he was suspended for the match.  Caesar had a really nice save towards the end as well.

Didn't get to watch, but sounds like Mexico had two incorrectly called offsides that produced goals.  I'm all for bad reffing if it helps the US, but it usually does not...see 2010.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten to watch any of it......I'd have loved to watch Netherlands beat Spain.  I'll have to catch highlights...

Unfortunately I haven't gotten to watch any of it......I'd have loved to watch Netherlands beat Spain.  I'll have to catch highlights...

Robben and RVP were brilliant.  Not that it should be any surprise.  Sneijder was as well.  Really wish Sneijder would leave Gala and head over to the EPL.

Robben and RVP were brilliant.  Not that it should be any surprise.  Sneijder was as well.  Really wish Sneijder would leave Gala and head over to the EPL.

My ex was born and raised in Amsterdam, we were together almost 9 yrs so I went over there a bunch of times and Netherlands just became my team.  When they played Spain in the finals in 2010, the whole city, country was absolutely nuts.  Streets filled with people.....every street.  Ever attended a party that the whole city showed up to?  That was it.   I've met Robben, Van Persie, Sneijder, Van der Waart, Vermeer, Willems and Dirk Kuyt.....so have some affinity for that squad.  Also use them exclusively in FIFA. 

Of course I root for USA.  Tough draw this year so we'll see....

Oh....hope you know I was just making jokes when I said your g/f would find out you're crazy in the one thread on main page. 

Oh I forgot about that.  I'm sure its gotten buried by this point and I just don't feel like moving through the bullshit to find it. No offense taken!  I could never be mad at you.  Your too sweet to me.

Anyways.  I love the Dutch as well.  Can't decide if they are my number 2 or 3 team.  Really, really, like the Belgium side too.  Thats me being a fanboy though.  We played the Dayton Dutch Lions in indoor around here a year or two ago.  Lost 5-3 the last game.  They told us it was the best indoor game anyone had ever given them.

Força Espanya

My new team Spain will rise and win again, or more likely, the sois curse will continue.

For example, I was a fan of Barça this season and they had the worst season in like 20 years. I Bengaled then.

i like that Pepe got ejected, I hate him, he is the Whines Hard of soccer.

Could help the us as well as he can't play against us. That and the fact that Germany could clinch the group before playing us and that game couldn't have gone better.

Doesn't Matter though if we lose tonight. Need to beat or at least tie Ghana.

Archived