WORLD CUP 2014

Slightly aside, I've always found it ridiculous that in the US players are largely judged by their rings, when in a team sport there is so much more involved in winning. By that logic Messi, C.Ronaldo, Roberto Baggio etc are all unworthy of HOF consideration. I dare anyone to argue Messi isn't just the best of this generation, but one of the best ever.

Rings. Pfft. Overrated.

I"m surprised there are no Suarez jokes yet in this thread.....

I told my professors I'll not be in class tomorrow morning.....can't wait til noon! 

peple told me i look like suarez, now i like him even though he bites dudes

Getting in on a 1-0 loss to arguably the best team on the planet on a surface that was essentially a ball-stopping swamp is good for me. We did what we had to do. Beat a plucky Ghana team (that beat Germany) and drew with Portugal whom aside from Messi has the world's best player. We can beat Belgium.

Ghana tied Germany 2-2.  Germany went undefeated and will be one of the top 3 or 4 favorites.  Belgium is tough....that part of the world plays some futbol.....Netherlands, Germany, France.   US and Belgium played in Columbus, OH last year I believe and the US was picked apart....although there were some fitness questions with US players as they were returning from vacation a few wks prior to the match. 

Should be fun....starting tomorrow at 11:30am.  Knockout stage is so much fun and excitement.  

Cant wait!

0.jpg

Belgium has probably the world's best pair of center backs plus the world's best goalkeeper. It won't be easy to score on these guys.

As a Spurs fan who knows how good Vertonghen is, I wouldn't say he's part of the best pairing.

I'm not entirely sure who'll win between the US and the Belgians. USA have been okay, but Jones is terrible and if Dempsey is out of form they're toothless. On the flipside Lukaku is abysmal and Belgium are perennial underachievers.  Could go to pens.

Jones and Dempsey have been our best guys so far this tournament.  Mike Bradley has arguably been our worst, maybe Beas as well.  Belgium's attack has a lot of potential, but it doesn't seem like they are clicking.  They killed us last year with Benteke.  I see this one being close.

Archived