Took the Paul Brown Stadium Tour

Me, the wife our 2 sons went down last friday for the stadium tour. It was just us and another father & son from Iowa, so it was a nice personal tour. Sue was very nice, and yes, she takes a few good humored digs at the Bengals, stadium & county. All in good fun I thought.

As others have said over the years, It's not the most in depth tour but you get behind the scenes and it's pretty cool, takes about an hour.

We started out going down under the stadium as she explained the security, then worked our way over to the weight room which was smaller than I thought it would be. They are currently renovating another storage area to make a newer larger weight room.

Then we went down past the home locker room, (not available), and through the tunnel and out onto the field. Now, to my 7 & 4 year old sons this means everything, and is really cool. You can run around on the field for about 10 minutes. we brought a football and were throwing routes, tackling each other having a great time.

Then you exit the field through the north tunnel and into the visitors locker room. It's not real fancy and smelled kind of funky. I got an uneasy feeling as I pictured the 'We Dey' chant and Peyton Mannings old wrinkly ball sack dragging on the ground in this room.

After that we went up the elevator to the press room where all the fat ass writers eat for free, then the press box where they sit. Then over to a luxury box which sits between Katie Blackburns box and the TV network box (yes, I wanted to get into Katie's box) hehe. I think she said it was US Banks suite and went for a cool 150g's per season. Very nice but not really over the top. 20 people can get in there.

That was pretty much it, I might have forgot a few things but it is a pretty good deal ($8 adults $4 for kids). We made a day of it, went to the Museum Center in the afternoon and the Reds game that night.

I hope these pictures load.

E0D7D011-8E97-4F84-B5AF-C0ACC2FEDF86_zps353A9936-D087-47DB-8FCD-BD9023A60F2C_zps7511D390-5BF9-403D-8C77-91B4134644F4_zps10141062-6492-4D57-A514-D50D7FECFB11_zpsCB4B1E25-E80C-4627-B516-8ACAF80E0F61_zps110D9F78-D5D9-4C9F-AE2A-FE066AE7F3F1_zps5E1190E2-8175-4EAB-9392-B32D9D9CC380_zps01CBCD8E-5440-44F4-9B6F-93647F385D5E_zps5AC235CD-271D-4678-8C64-99029E57921F_zps

Looks you guys had a great time.  Thanks for sharing.

Q:  The Press Room, is that the announcers area also or is that on the opposite end ?

My son and his friend went on tour up there also.  Waiting on pictures for posting.  Will post when I am in receipt.

Looks you guys had a great time.  Thanks for sharing.

Q:  The Press Room, is that the announcers area also or is that on the opposite end ?

My son and his friend went on tour up there also.  Waiting on pictures for posting.  Will post when I am in receipt.

The press room/ press box, TV & radio booth are all on the west side (Bengals side). The whole tour takes place on the west end of the stadium.

good stuff.  That sounds better than even the free tour they give to season ticket holders.  

The one my son was on is the season ticket holder version.  I believe it is the same one that was offered up at a variety of dates this year.  It also appears that some of the tours received a little more than others especially the smaller group ones.

The one my son was on is the season ticket holder version.  I believe it is the same one that was offered up at a variety of dates this year.  It also appears that some of the tours received a little more than others especially the smaller group ones.

yea I did one of those last year.  We got to do the field, locker room, and go by the weight rooms.  Nothing with the press boxes and luxury boxes though.

Archived