Boehner to Seek Bill to Sue Obama Over Executive Actions

Go Skins

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/26/us/politics/boehner-to-seek-bill-to-sue-obama-over-executive-actions.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — Speaker John A. Boehner announced Wednesday that he would introduce legislation next month allowing the House to sue President Obama over his use of executive actions.

In a letter to lawmakers, Mr. Boehner expressed concern with what he — and many in the Republican conference — considered the president’s unconstitutional overreach.

“The Constitution makes it clear that a president’s job is to faithfully execute the laws; in my view, the president has not faithfully executed the laws,” Mr. Boehner told reporters. “And when there’s conflicts like this between the legislative branch and the administrative branch it’s, in my view, our responsibility to stand up for this institution in which we serve.”

Representative Nancy Pelosi of California, the Democratic leader, called Mr. Boehner’s move “subterfuge,” and Josh Earnest, the White House press secretary, said that “it seems that Republicans have shifted their opposition into a higher gear.”

“Frankly, it’s a gear that I didn’t know previously existed,” Mr. Earnest said. “The fact that they are considering a taxpayer-funded lawsuit against the president of the United States for doing his job, I think, is the kind of step that most Americans wouldn’t support.”

I think Boehner is still pissed off his daughter married a Rasta...

Exactly, his grandson will end up looking like Obama and Boehner is not happy about that. 

This whole suing the president for exercising his right to do what he feels is in the best interest for the long term success of this nation is crazy, imo. Instead of working with the President to help this country they are spending tax dollars to sue him, how is that going to help America?

Archived