School Lunches Weren’t Enough: Outcry As Michelle Targets School Bake Sales

Go Skins

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/07/155176-school-lunches-werent-enough-outcry-michelle-targets-school-bake-sales/?fb_action_ids=10201223400546811&fb_action_types=og.comments

In order to comply with federal regulations, the State Board of Education in Tennessee has announced that schools are only allowed to host club bake sales, cook-offs, or any other food-based fundraiser on each campus 30 days per school-year.

The board chose this specific number because if a maximum number of days are not set, schools are not allowed to host any food-related fundraisers at all, according to The Tennessean.

Administrators across the state are lamenting the effect this will have on school club funds.

i think my schools had 1-2 bake sales of any sort each year... i think 30 is plenty... i also have no idea why this is "news"...

It isn't news, and the IJ Review isn't a "news site".  It's a right wing propaganda site peddling ignorance to the Right Wing Zombies that feed on it.

i think my schools had 1-2 bake sales of any sort each year... i think 30 is plenty... i also have no idea why this is "news"...

Are you referring to your childhood or do you have kids and looking at it from their history in recent memory?

I think this is out of bounds, plain and simple. 

1. Michelle Obama has no legislative or executive power. Just guessing here, but a significant number of Republicans must have voted this into law.  Then again, this sort of rabble-rousing nonsense is specifically aimed at people with no clue as to how our government operates.

2. Guessing again, but 30 bake sales would allow a bake sale just about every weekend outside of holidays & summer break during your average school year.

3. Appointing a former Monsanto lawyer as head of the FDA isn't an issue, but this is?

square pizza

My mother once said she learned to hate Thursdays because that's when our school served submarine sandwiches that had been dubbed torpedos.

More like depth charges.

Imagine three young children, all farting constantly like little cowboys escaped from a Mel Brooks movie.

1. Michelle Obama has no legislative or executive power. Just guessing here, but a significant number of Republicans must have voted this into law.  Then again, this sort of rabble-rousing nonsense is specifically aimed at people with no clue as to how our government operates.

I think it was passed unanimously in the Senate.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously blaming this on Michelle? LOL. where the fuck do you get your news bub

Wait. Decided to go ahead and check that link. LOL this is where you get your news from. Holy fuck. And you see no problem with that site telling you only what you want to hear... Wow.

Archived