Six California's?

Go Skins

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/15/six-californias-tim-draper/12667111/

SAN FRANCISCO — A plan backed by venture capitalist Tim Draper to split California into six states has gained enough signatures to make the November 2016 ballot, the plan's backers say.

A Twitter account belonging to the nonprofit Six Californias tweeted on Monday that "#SixCalifornias will be submitting signatures in Sacramento tomorrow for placement on the November 2016 ballot. Stay tuned for coverage!"

Roger Salazar, a spokesman for the campaign, said it's gathered more than the approximately 808,000 signatures needed to place the measure on the ballot, Reuters reported.

Draper is a founding member of the venture capital firm Draper Fisher Jurvetsen, known for its investments in successful growth ventures such as Hotmail, Baidu, Tesla Motors and Skype. Recently, Draper won the federal government's auction of bitcoins once owned by online drugs portal Silk Road. He's championed the political break-up of the state for over a year, but it's taken until recently for the plan to gain some momentum.

Draper and other supporters of the break-up argue that the state's 38 million people would be better served by smaller governments and elected officials who would be able to work more closely with their constituents.

Why don't they take one of the 6 Californias and give it to the Palestinians? 

If I ruled the world I'd sell Texas to Mexico for pocket change, combine the two Dakotas into one, and then relocate the Palestinians to Baja, the 7th California.

Probably revoke Montana's statehood as well. Then I'd change the name of that place to South Canadafornia or whatever the local Indian word is for empty.

Yup, that's what I'd do. 

While you're at it give Texas back to Mexico in exchange for cash.

or pay them to take it back.. we can just invade them later when we need the oil. i hear they have a conflict with oklahoma we probably need to get involved with..

Bad idea.

youre just mad cause youll have to apply for citizenship then, pff texans.

Just give Texas to Mexico for the hilarity that would ensue from all the "real patriots" suddenly being Mexicans lol

I think Texans themselves would accept and embrace the change as long as Obama appealed to that states insufferable vanity, perhaps by describing the sale of Texas back to Mexico as the "2nd Texas Miracle"

Might even get Rick "Oops" Perry onboard by giving him a mostly powerless ceremonial title like El Presidente or Jorge Bush III. Or how about King Rick the Bespectacled?

In fact, I think most Texans would embrace the chance to become Mexican after being told that California had broken into six states and now had 12 senators to send to Washington, not to mention six versions of our beloved Govenor Moonbeam. 

Best, with Texas safely booted out of America President Obama could finally do that silly photo-op at the border, now located in Oklahoma, that so many Republicans insist he make.

i need to teach residentes of nevada to have Pride, like Texans have.  they're all ashamed of this state.  I know it's not the best, but it's pretty good.

A state more-or-less built on organized crime, what's not to like? Kind of the anti-Utah.

A state more-or-less built on organized crime, what's not to like? Kind of the anti-Utah.

And that, sir, is what we love about it.

'Course one could argue that the Mormons are a crime syndicate in their own right, but I digress... 

SLC is creepy as shit. 

No doubt.  Try driving through some of the smaller towns and cities.  Between the video services that remove profanity from movies, hidden liquor stores, and the obligatory church on every corner, it's Children of the Corn all over that state.  I always feel like I'm being watched whenever I'm there, though my wife and I do enjoy making the servers in restaurants uncomfortable by ordering a second round of drinks with dinner... 

Archived