Destiny Beta

Code should be in your inbox...

Awesome glad to hear it's good! I started the download before I went to work this morning and I can't wait to play.

Thanks. You're in for a treat. It's a combination RPG, FPS and MMO. You can play alone just as well as with friends. And multiplayer looks good but not yet completely balanced (hence the beta). And the graphics are phenomenal as well. I am playing it despite having reached the Beta level cap at LVL 8, and probably having reached one of the best loadouts possible at that level, but it keeps me drawing in to find that new rare weapon or armor, and to gain more skills for the PvP MP.

How does it stack up against ps4? I went with xb1 for halo. (The only reason I didn't go ps4)

Yeah, beta is free for all now.

Beta for Xbox One is locked at 900p for right now as opposed to 1080p for the PS4. However, Bungie has been stating that the goal is to get it locked in at 1080 by release. Besides the resolution downgrade, visuals are mostly the same, according to Digital Foundry here. Just some minor barely noticeable downgrades, you might say. I'm mostly a PC gamer nowadays, and the difference in resolution is pretty noticeable to me even looking at screens, but not a big deal. If there's anyone who may finally be able to get the Xbox One version of their game running as nicely as the PS4 version, it would make sense for it to be Bungie. I just wouldn't be too surprised if it didn't happen considering it's already kinda sorta struggling to keep up visually without the full 1080 resolution.

Game is absolutely fucking fun as shit, though, regardless of platform I stopped playing the beta Monday, though. I already played Titan and Warlock all the way to level 8, and I played the Hunter class to level 8 in the Alpha, so I need to calm down. I burned myself out on Titanfall during its beta, and I'd hate to do the same for this game. I mostly expect to be playing the singleplayer/co-op shit with this game. The PVP was fun and surprisingly balanced, and I actually really kick ass in it, but I just can't get into competitive shooters like I used to. Summin must be wrong with me.

Graphically, it's not that impressive IMO, with it being a cross-gen game. I mean, it doesn't compare to fully next-gen titles such as Infamous Second Son or the upcoming The Witcher 3. But it still looks damn good. Not complaining.

With Dragon Age Inquisition delayed till November, I'm even more happy that this is coming out.

Makes sense.  Wish Gran Turismo and The Show would cross platforms.

Well they're both first party games made in house at Sony so there's a 0% chance of that happening. I heard that there is no MLB sim coming out for the Xbox One this year. Nuts.

And Bungie's exclusive deal with MS was up. They wanted to leave and create new IPs. There's a bunch more money in multiplatform. Especially right now when it's still essentially between console generations. Money from new adopters and from people who've yet to purchase the new consoles. So....much.....MONEY.

Archived