Banners at Training Camp

and Andy gives them plenty of subject matter.

He's also been a major reason that the fans have had plenty to cheer about too. If you're going to slam him for his "80 something rated ass" and post season flops, then praise him for getting us to the playoffs for 3 straight years.

There are two sides to this story...

I am the one who tweeted back at GO. And the reason I tweeted is because he retweeted the pictures with the added commentary "the truth" which he is now trying to claim was a joke. While I don't really believe that it was intended to be a joke, even if it was, those types of "jokes" are why this place is dying and a shell of what it used to be.

Now that I've revealed myself feel free to ban or suspend me or whatever, I won't be missing anything useful.  

I come to this board everyday but hardly post. I am not a Dalton fan but I do believe the jury is still out on his value. For Go to retweet it to Dalton with "the truth" is childish. I have to say I am pretty embarrassed for this place. Use some common sense.

I am the one who tweeted back at GO. And the reason I tweeted is because he retweeted the pictures with the added commentary "the truth" which he is now trying to claim was a joke. While I don't really believe that it was intended to be a joke, even if it was, those types of "jokes" are why this place is dying and a shell of what it used to be.

Now that I've revealed myself feel free to ban or suspend me or whatever, I won't be missing anything useful.  

This whole thread is what makes this board great. Coup, you keep speaking your mind. I don't see a disagreement as a personal attack. Everyone just needs to remember that before responding to a post, take a deep breath and think about what you are saying. Hit the report button or pm a mod with the issue outlined. Posters here have been using this feature quite a bit and it has resolved problems before they've had a chance to get blown out of proportion.

We are a deeply passionate fan base that at times has multiple personalities. We are never going to be sitting around the campfire singing Kumbaya. Differing opinions make for a lively discussion but personal attacks are not helpful in any way. Just because someone disagrees with a post doesn't necessarily mean they hate the poster but the thesis of their post.

My two cents and some loose change.

My thoughts on bedsheets with words on them...

Can you imagine if someone hung bed sheets outside your workplace that said something derogatory on it ?

Possibly use Kenneth as an example ... Forgive me for any possible slight and if necessary I will ban myself.

Kenneth sold me a lemon.
Kenneth sucks.
Kenneth ducked my sister.
Etc...

The next time it is done, try to think how you would feel if someone did this outside your workplace. In other words, this imho is an act best left to the classless fan base in Cleveland...

My thoughts on bedsheets with words on them...

Can you imagine if someone hung bed sheets outside your workplace that said something derogatory on it ?

Possibly use Kenneth as an example ... Forgive me for any possible slight and if necessary I will ban myself.

Kenneth sold me a lemon.
Kenneth sucks.
Kenneth ducked my sister.
Etc...

The next time it is done, try to think how you would feel if someone did this outside your workplace. In other words, this imho is an act best left to the classless fan base in Cleveland...

And then think about someone tweeting it over to Kenneth to rub it in his face with "the truth" attached to it.

Were do you think I got the idea from? 

scharm eats all the donuts.   scharm pays for corndog when he doesn't need them.   scharm hogs the copier making enlarged copies of his parking receipts.

Welcome to the real world Dalton, share in the real fans pain for once. 

It's like a dogs tail can never be straight, same goes to a section of 'so called' Bengal fans who put that sign and then wonder why Fans are called idiots. No matter how it's spinned now but what Go did retweeting stating 'The Truth' is assholish for lack of a better word

It's like a dogs tail can never be straight, same goes to a section of 'so called' Bengal fans who put that sign and then wonder why Fans are called idiots. No matter how it's spinned now but what Go did retweeting stating 'The Truth' is assholish for lack of a better word

you realize the cincinnati enquirer guy tweeted it before me, right? to 8,000 followers...

The worst part of this IMO is the indication of how the season is going to play out, with media and a large number of "fans" salivating at the thought of Dalton throwing his first INT of the year.   I used to think there were a lot of people who expected the team to fail, but now I suspect that it's not only expectation but desire. None of them will ever admit to that, of course, but reading between the lines you can tell that deep down, it's what they really want, and the sports hacks of the world are more than happy to feed into all that.

With so many people expecting Dalton to fail it will be a miracle if he somehow doesn't. 

You are confusing expectation and desire. I want Mr. October back. I want the conversation to be "Is Andy Dalton elite?". I want to have that thread. There isn't a Bengals fan in the world who wouldn't want Andy Dalton of October 2013, there are just a whole lot of us who believe that month was an anomaly. 

If some bedsheet hanging off a bridge is what informs the decisions of an NFL franchise than they deserve failure every bit as much as the fans who put it there and support it.

Again, there is gray thinking. Everything doesn't have to be black and white. Are the Bengals making decisions based off bedsheets solely? No. Is this one of about a million factors and a pretty big take notice factor. Absolutely. 

I hate to admit it, but there's a part of me at this point that hopes we have to start Cooter McCarron just to shut all this dumb shit up for good.  Then the rational mind takes over and I go back to expecting Dalton to continue to improve on his record-breaking career because I know all those "fans" will disappear, just like they did when we were winning last year.

That won't happen. Jason Campbell has had success every place he has been. If Campbell hits the field and is healthy McCarron won't see it this year. 

I looked this up a while ago, and unless my math is off (possible) they gave up an average of 180 yards rushing in the last 3 playoff games.

thats like saying andy dalton had a great game because he threw for 334 yards...

defense gave up 7 points in teh first half...amazing..

second half starts, chargers score, so they have given up 14 points, still legit..

then dalton fumbles, in bengals territory.. defense holds them to a field goal.. solid stand..

next posession, dalton throws a pick, and its returned to the bengals 3 yardline...we o to the 4th qtr in this drive.. defense holds them to negative 2 yards, and a field goal.. fucking amazing..

next posession, dalton throws an interception...defense holds them to a 3 and out...after being tossed back on the field over and over...

the one bad play, was the long ass TD run... but the game was already over, 20-10 with 3 minutes left...that made it impossible.. but it was clearly already over.. we hadnt scored since the first half...

you realize the cincinnati enquirer guy tweeted it before me, right? to 8,000 followers...

It's not the retweeting part but what you added to it saying the truth is what lends to the bad side. I actually don't think anyone would have cared if that came from a shittsburgh fan but coming from a Bengals fan is where the problem lies.

I actually think this place is drastically improved over the last month or so because of those who have left and the increased moderation. Very few pissing wars and stupid back and forth conversations falling down the rabbit hole. If you feel you won't be missing anything why don't you leave on your own?

In regards to Go's tweet. I missed the "Truth" part from before. That does go from news to news-fox news/msnbc style or rather editorializing. I rescind my previous statement. I think it was in bad taste. We all do stupid stuff from time to time. No big deal. 

Real fans type, they don't attend.   Then they get embarassed although no one ever sees or hears them.

I love you scharm but this is just a weird argument. 

Archived