Green-Ellis sliding into obscurity in Cincinnati

Green-Ellis sliding into obscurity in Cincinnati
Posted by Mike Florio on July 26, 2014, 9:27 PM EDT
greenellis.jpg?w=353 

With the Bengals spending a second-round pick in each of the last two years on tailbacks, a free-agent arrival from 2012 has moved closer to becoming the odd man out.

And with injuries and (in Seattle) a holdout popping up throughout the NFL, don’t be shocked if a market emerges for BenJarvus Green-Ellis.

After gaining 1,094 yards on 278 carries in 2012, the arrival of Giovani Bernard dropped the veteran’s attempts from 278 to 220, with only 754 yards (3.4 per carry).

Now, with the Bengals devoting another second-round pick to former LSU tailback Jeremy Hill, Green-Ellis may not be in position to justify his $2.3 million salary.  Before cutting him, though, the Bengals could try to move him.

Especially if guys like Kendall Hunter keep getting hurt and if Marshawn Lynch’s holdout continues.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/26/green-ellis-sliding-into-obscurity-in-cincinnati/

I mean. If we could get any sort of pick for him, sure. Or even some depth on o-tackle or something. Whatever. LOL @ whoever makes that trade though.

I totally agree. Trade him if we can get something out of him. It's gotta be better than just letting him walk.

he would do well back in NE, in philly, in SD, maybe even dallas..

any team with a small good back and a down field passing game to give him some lanes.. he is just a good reliable back... nothing great, he never was anything more than that... but lots of teams need that guy..

I have a hard time believing there is any trade market for BJGE and his $3 million salary.  Teams know he is going to get cut in all likelihood.  There are probably younger and cheaper options out there anyways.  

I have a hard time believing there is any trade market for BJGE and his $3 million salary.  Teams know he is going to get cut in all likelihood.  There are probably younger and cheaper options out there anyways.  

probably no trade market, 3 mil isnt that much, vet minimum for a guy of his experience is about a mil, a non issues for a veteran going to split time... not out of question for a good locker room vet either...im not sure if any teams ahve young rookie RB's that he could mentore...

he probably could find a home, i doubt we get anything in return for a trade though. cut or keep

i say keep for insurance and play some until hill is 100% in the offense or incase of injury...

Green-Ellis sliding into obscurity in Cincinnati

Posted by Mike Florio on July 26, 2014, 9:27 PM EDT
greenellis.jpg?w=353 

With the Bengals spending a second-round pick in each of the last two years on tailbacks, a free-agent arrival from 2012 has moved closer to becoming the odd man out.

And with injuries and (in Seattle) a holdout popping up throughout the NFL, don’t be shocked if a market emerges for BenJarvus Green-Ellis.

After gaining 1,094 yards on 278 carries in 2012, the arrival of Giovani Bernard dropped the veteran’s attempts from 278 to 220, with only 754 yards (3.4 per carry).

Now, with the Bengals devoting another second-round pick to former LSU tailback Jeremy Hill, Green-Ellis may not be in position to justify his $2.3 million salary.  Before cutting him, though, the Bengals could try to move him.

Especially if guys like Kendall Hunter keep getting hurt and if Marshawn Lynch’s holdout continues.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/26/green-ellis-sliding-into-obscurity-in-cincinnati/

Sliding into obscurity until Hill or Gio get injured and miss games.

he would do well back in NE, in philly, in SD, maybe even dallas..

any team with a small good back and a down field passing game to give him some lanes.. he is just a good reliable back... nothing great, he never was anything more than that... but lots of teams need that guy..

Which by proxy is an implication that our team isn't good enough to accomodate such a player...

Archived