Who Do You Think Is Better? Chris Henry or Marvin Jones

Marvin Jones doesn't have the talent Henry had. Doubt their average YPC are even close.

Is hard to showcase your talent if you are not on the field.  Besides you are comparing Henry, who played in an Air Coryell style offense with Carson Palmer to Jones who played in a West Coast offense.  Not the same animal.

I think Josh Gordon is better than both and his stats in Madden 2015 will probably be the only way to prove it this year.

Why is this even a topic smh

Why do you think guys who get suspended from the league should get a pass for putting their team in a bad situation?

If you can't make it onto the field, your talent is meaningless.  In 2007 he was suspended the first half of the season.  We went 2-6 and ended up 7-9.

Jones.

Henry had more physical talent, but you have to be able to trust a player both on and off the field.  Henry couldn't be trusted off the field for much of his career, and on the field he was a suspect route runner. Great deep ball passer, but limited to mostly that.

Jones has neither of those issues.

So to add on to this question, who do you think would do better as the #1 receiver?

Henry had Chad &TJ

Marvin has AJ.

I think Henry's size was a huge advantage for him and his long stride was unbelievable.

Marvin seems like a more rounded WR and capable of handling the pressure of being the #1 guy.

Jones.

Henry had more physical talent, but you have to be able to trust a player both on and off the field.  Henry couldn't be trusted off the field for much of his career, and on the field he was a suspect route runner. Great deep ball passer, but limited to mostly that.

Jones has neither of those issues.

You bring up route running with our WRs a number of times, especially with Chad, and now Henry, hell I've heard you say it about AJ.

Who on this team (recent history included) do you consider a good route runner?

Seriously dude?

If someone asks me who is a better player, I don't factor in the bad choices they made and time they were suspended for off the field instances. Chris Henry is easily more talented than Marvin Jones. He had a season where he had 9 tds and 1/4 of his catches were TDs, as the 3rd WR. Like....cmon.

Yeah, I'd rather have Marvin overall due to the obvious baggage. But I don't see how he can be called a better football player at this point.

If someone asks me who is a better player, I don't factor in the bad choices they made and time they were suspended for off the field instances. Chris Henry is easily more talented than Marvin Jones. He had a season where he had 9 tds and 1/4 of his catches were TDs, as the 3rd WR. Like....cmon.

Yeah, I'd rather have Marvin overall due to the obvious baggage. But I don't see how he can be called a better football player at this point.

Wasn't referring to your final decision. More the callous reply you had to throw in.

Archived