Who Do You Think Is Better? Chris Henry or Marvin Jones

Why do you think guys who get suspended from the league should get a pass for putting their team in a bad situation?

If you can't make it onto the field, your talent is meaningless.  In 2007 he was suspended the first half of the season.  We went 2-6 and ended up 7-9.

I never said that idiot

Henry was overrated by Bengal fans.    He never showed the drive to ever capitalize on his talent to be a No. 1 WR.

He took advantage of coverage rolled to Chad and TJ and specific times to make huge deep ball plays.

When his off the field trouble weren't taking him off the field his practice habits were.   People forget that we all pointed to games in which Henry would return and the domination would start and that often turned into where's Henry threads because he was out of shape or couldn't grasp a playbook.

Marvin Jones in this one.

If someone asks me who is a better player, I don't factor in the bad choices they made and time they were suspended for off the field instances. Chris Henry is easily more talented than Marvin Jones. He had a season where he had 9 tds and 1/4 of his catches were TDs, as the 3rd WR. Like....cmon.

Yeah, I'd rather have Marvin overall due to the obvious baggage. But I don't see how he can be called a better football player at this point.

Jones caught 5 Tds in a game.

I never said that idiot

You have said it countless times over the years.  

Having lived thru the Henry years watching at the stadium, what I saw was an immense talent.  What he brought to the franchise was national ridicule, a bad rap and constant heartache.

It was 4. And the Jets were horrible. But somehow the level of competition will be overlooked and 4 TDs will be all that matters amirite

Marvin Jones didn't play against the Jets offense he played against the defense which was pretty good.

Henry never scored a TD against weaker level competition amirite

You have said it countless times over the years.  

Having lived thru the Henry years at the stadium, what I saw was an immense talent.  What he brought to the franchise was national ridicule, a bad rap and constant heartache.

I always said he was a beast i never said he was a angel. He fucked up and made mistakes but he changed. Its 2014 and that shit is in the past so im not gonna sit here and argue wit u about something that doesnt matter anymore

I ultimately think Slim was the better player, just did too much stuff, whether it be injury or suspension, that kept him off the field.  Dude was a lightning rod and by far my favorite player to watch.  That 06 season he was unreal. 

For Talent,  It is Slim, hands down.  Size and speed like Randy Moss.  The ultimate deep threat, and with a howizer as a QB , it was basically run and catch.  Not to mention, he had the benefit of two sort-of Pro Bowlers that basically ate up the coverage.

But when you add the off-the-field stuff, it really tarnishes what he did as a WR...As a lot of people have said, you can't make the team in the tub (or on suspension), and it ultimately hurts the team.   And then the one time that he really was looking at getting himself better, with love from his fiance and being a father, his candle was snuffed out much too prematurely.   We didn't even get the chance to see if he really was turning around.

But.....

The way that things are now,  I have to go with Marvin Jones,  on the field and off.  He may never be Slim as far as raw agility goes, but I have to believe that Marvin have a lot of other intagibles in spades that will make up for not being the ideal WR.   Not to mention that we have learned that he has speed to burn as well, good size (he is 6-2, 190ish), and he is willing to do the dirty stuff.

I don't understand what everyone refers to when they mention Chris Henry and talent. Only thing I remember about Henry was his ability to outrun defenders, and to reach higher than defenders. Unless he was running deep, he didn't create separation, he didn't catch the ball in traffic, he wasn't a "first down converter". He was fast and he was tall. He averaged 33 yards receiving per game. I didn't, and never will, understand the hype.

I don't understand what everyone refers to when they mention Chris Henry and talent. Only thing I remember about Henry was his ability to outrun defenders, and to reach higher than defenders. Unless he was running deep, he didn't create separation, he didn't catch the ball in traffic, he wasn't a "first down converter". He was fast and he was tall. He averaged 33 yards receiving per game. I didn't, and never will, understand the hype.

Chicks dig the longball. 

SMH people on here talking down on slim, damn let him rest in peace. Marvin jones just been here 2 years and will most likely exceed slim. No fucking shit he contributes more cause he stays outta trouble and is still alive. Damn u people are crazy

SMH people on here talking down on slim, damn let him rest in peace. Marvin jones just been here 2 years and will most likely exceed slim. No fucking shit he contributes more cause he stays outta trouble and is still alive. Damn u people are crazy

I don't think people are "talking down on Slim".  What happened is history, it's what happened.. It's part of why it's important to make sure you make good decisions in life.. What you do becomes your legacy when you move on from this life.  What people are talking about is his legacy, exceptionally talented athlete who made some decisions which prevented him from reaching his full potential..

It's incredibly sad that his story was ended so early, and before he was able to fully achieve redemption but that is life.  None of us know when our time here will come to an end, which is why it's so important to live your life with the understanding that every day is important. every decision has a weight that you may not know.  Take the time to smell the flowers, hug your loved ones and try to be the best you you can be because there may not be a tomorrow to "make it right".

I don't think people are "talking down on Slim".  What happened is history, it's what happened.. It's part of why it's important to make sure you make good decisions in life.. What you do becomes your legacy when you move on from this life.  What people are talking about is his legacy, exceptionally talented athlete who made some decisions which prevented him from reaching his full potential..

It's incredibly sad that his story was ended so early, and before he was able to fully achieve redemption but that is life.  None of us know when our time here will come to an end, which is why it's so important to live your life with the understanding that every day is important. every decision has a weight that you may not know.  Take the time to smell the flowers, hug your loved ones and try to be the best you you can be because there may not be a tomorrow to "make it right".

Well Said!! :41: :41:

Archived