What things do we look for in tonights game

Hey, does anybody have a list of who IS playing and who is not?  Only thing I found was a list that had Dre and Mccarron as injured.

Andre Smith, Geno Atkins and Sean Porter out vs Kansas City Chiefs

By Jason Marcum @JasonB_Marcum on Aug 5 2014, 11:24a 20

20130725_jla_bk3_621.0_standard_783.0.jp
David Kohl-USA TODAY Sports

There will be several Bengals starters out Thursday vs. the Chiefs.

The Cincinnati Bengals will open the preseason Thursday against the Kansas City Chiefs at Arrowhead Stadium.

A number of players dealing with minor injuries and/or rehabbing from major injuries won't be making the trip, including linebacker Sean Porter, offensive tackle Andre Smith, defensive tackle Geno Atkins and linebacker J.K. Schaffer.

Geno Porter Schaffer Andre Smith not working and won't play Thursday

— Geoff Hobson (@GeoffHobsonCin) August 5, 2014

Offensive guard Clint Boling is also likely out, as he's continuing to rehab form the torn ACL he suffered late last season.

Boling suited but not expected to play Thursday. Rookie LG Trey Hopkins probably starts in KC

— Geoff Hobson (@GeoffHobsonCin) August 5, 2014

The Bengals will also be without wide receiver Marvin Jones and tight end Jermaine Gresham. Given that those two, along with Atkins, just made their training camp debuts Monday, this is the smart option. There's no need for those three to be rushed back into game-action and risk a serious injury.

As for Smith, he's still dealing with the lingering affects of a concussion he reportedly suffered last Monday, eight days ago. The Pro Bowl tackle is heading into his sixth NFL season, and has established himself as one of the NFL's top right tackles.

Porter, a 4th-round pick from the 2013 NFL Draft out of Texas A&M, also hasn't worked in several days with an unknown ailment. After missing his entire rookie season with a pectoral injury, Porter is inching closer to the wrong side of the roster bubble if he's not already there.

First offensive drive - FG or TD  

First Defensive series - punt/TO

Keep in mind preseason games mean nothing as far as predicting the season or which player will have a good/bad season.   I just like to see them win no matter how it is obtained and stay injury free.

Hopefully KC will do us a solid and not fire up the blitzes and stunts with O-line being in the current state it is, but if they do hopefully these guys can limit free rushers and the offensive can gash them.

O-line depth will get tested early and often, but the unit is in a position in which depth will get more snaps but hopefully avoid injury.

Margus Hunt:  I'd love to see him make some plays and hold up vs. the run

M. Flowers: His speed at LB can be a real asset for this D

E-Man: Let's see how he covers Charles out of the backfield.  With starters on both sides not playing much we may not get to see this

O-line:  Regardless of who's in I'm hoping to see a clean pocket for all of the QBs.  I'm also hoping the RBs aren't making their first cut so deep in the backfield this year

No injuries.

OL, especially Bodine (snap issues?)

Andy (throwing mechanics)

Hill.

Kind of interested in seeing Guenther's demeanor on the sideline and his interaction with players.  I wasn't impressed with him in Hardknocks, but that is a drama and considering both Zimmer and Jay wanted to take him with them makes me give him the benefit of the doubt.

Im excited to fall in love. The preseason is a time to irrationally fall for a 4th string rb or LB who shines and just has "it". A guy who you have to go to bengals.com to look up where we got him and maybe even his name but his number keeps flashing. 

Marqis Flowers maybe? McCalleb? Who knows. Thats' why I watch. 

Did Andre Smith make a pro bowl? 

Err, no.

I will be interesting to see how our starting dline does against the KC oline which had to replace 3 starters due to cap issues.

Definitely want to see Dennard in action as well as Jason Campbell.  Don't expect Andy in very long.

Archived