Marvin Jones out until week 5

This better have just happened (rather than he was practicing on it the other day)... That would be VERY stupid if he was working out with this issue and was activated for practice with it.

He cant be PUPed, can he, since he practiced?

This better have just happened (rather than he was practicing on it the other day)... That would be VERY stupid if he was working out with this issue and was activated for practice with it.

He cant be PUPed, can he, since he practiced?

No. I don't believe he can.

just throw it more to Gio and Eifert, problem solved...I'm sure Dalton's not losing any sleep over it.

there's only so many balls to go around anyway.

obviously it sucks for Marvin, but this team is loaded with weapons in the passing game with or without him.

Never good to lose a starter to injury, but it definitely could have been worse for Jones. It sounds like he will miss at most 8 games, not the whole season. Depth at WR is pretty good and Andy will still have plenty of weapons to work with. Sanu is the next guy in line and both Eifert and Sanzenbacher should get more snaps as well. No reason to panic at all.

What happens after surgery?
For the first seven to 14 days after surgery, you may be allowed to weight bear through the heel, but some surgeons will not allow you to bear any weight on the injured foot. This could last as long as six weeks. Weight bearing in a removable walking boot is allowed after that. Patients can expect to return to full activity three to four months after a typical fracture. This includes returning to sports. Some fractures may require bone grafting and have longer recoveries. The screw is not usually removed unless it causes discomfort.  

That's not good. I'd think his might be a little more accelerated due to having much better medical care than your normal person but not a lot.

Marvin Jones being out sucks but not as bad as people think. Remeber when everyone wanted to crown Sanu #2? Everyone thought he was a lock. We will be fine.

Yeah, except Jones stepped up and stole that #2 spot to the tune of 51 receptions and TEN touchdowns...almost as many as Green. We need the guy, he's a valuable piece and losing him sucks. I do agree though that we have other weapons to compensate for his loss but it still sucks. Dude had pretty much a breakout season last year.

No. I don't believe he can.

You can IR him and designate him for return.  You only get one of these since it allows you to keep him off the 53 man roster and bring him back after being on the list for 8 weeks.

Because of this injury you can pretty much bet Mccarron won't be practicing anytime during training camp. They can put him on the Non Football Injury List (similar to PUP), claiming the injury occurred BEFORE he took part in any NFL related training camp.  Again, it saves a roster spot,

If its only 3 games, thats really not a big deal. Marvin also seems like a hard worker/quick healer. He came back in short order from his knee injury in 2012. If this was Dunlap or Kirkpatrick, then I'd be worried. 

Still need to decide what to do with him.  If they IR him now and designate him to return, the clock starts NOW and saves a roster spot.  Keep in mind, Jones was going to be on the roster.

The other option is to keep him on 53 man roster which he was going to be on and bring him back when ready.

Still need to decide what to do with him.  If they IR him now and designate him to return, the clock starts NOW and saves a roster spot.  Keep in mind, Jones was going to be on the roster.

The other option is to keep him on 53 man roster which he was going to be on and bring him back when ready.

can't do the IR-designated to return thing until September 2nd.

Marvin already said that they will keep him on the 53 man roster. They normally keep 6 WR's and one of them is normally inactive on game day so it won't be a big deal.

IF they keep Green, Jones, Sanu, Tate, Sanzenbacher, and Wright they will be just fine. You can start Green and Sanu with Sanzenbacher in the slot, while Tate and Wright play special teams. 

If he is only going to be out for the first 3 weeks I cant imagine they designate him for pup or IR return, pup would be too long and I imagine they would want to save the IR return spot for someone who might be out longer but could return (IIRC you only get to use that once right?) I image they will just list him on the inactives

Archived