Fantasy League

Important note..... we have 9 teams.

• Your Head-to-Head league will not be able to start the season if it contains an odd number of teams.

Yahoo Fantasy Football will not allow a league to begin with an odd number of teams.  

We either need to reduce by one, recruit an additional player in the next 4 hours.

If we move forward with 9 teams, there are two possible ways to go:

#1 - Create a fictional 10th team, force it to auto-draft, pre-rank a crapton of awful players for that team, and call it "Bye Week".  But even if we do that, with a 14 game season and 9 "human" players, not everyone will play "Bye Week" the same # of times.  It's a lot of work for a solution that will skew the season results for the 4 players who don't get two byes.

#2 - Create a fictional 10th team, call it "League Average", and have the Commish manually edit that team's weekly points to equal the average of the 9 "human" teams.  That team would, naturally, have to be ineligible for the playoffs, so the Commish may have to do some more meddling near the end of the season to force them out of the top 4.

Neither solution is desirable, though of the two #2 is probably the fairest.  But, unless a 10th owner steps up right away, I respectfully recommend that the most recent team to join (BigDawgBengal) be removed... unless of course someone else wants to volunteer to step down.  Nothing personal, BDB, it's just math.

I have logged in with an alternate email and created a team called "LEAGUE AVERAGE" as a placeholder just to allow the draft to start.  Boot that team out if you get a 10th owner, or if we don't and you don't want to use that solution.  

The pre-ranked draft order for that team is:

1 Brady Quinn QB-MIA
2 Kyle Juszczyk RB-BAL
3 Will Ta'ufo'ou RB-JAX
4 EZ Nwachukwu WR-HOU
5 Nu'Keese Richardson WR-IND
6 Kealoha Pilares WR-CAR
7 Quincy Enunwa WR-NYJ
8 Quron Pratt WR-PHI
9 Levine Toilolo TE-ATL
10 MarQueis Gray RB,TE-CLE
11 Bear Pascoe TE-ATL
12 Chandler Catanzaro K-ARI
13 Sergio Castillo K-ATL
14 Giorgio Tavecchio K-DET
15 Jacksonville DEF-JAX

If any of these guys are actually on anyone's watch list, I can remove them.

Archived