** Ongoing Sports collectibles/memorabilia thread **

GoBengals

Still on my hunt for memorabilia/collectibles.

so i figured if anyone else is into it, we could share info or success stories.

for anyone interested, i am a virgin in all of this, but here are the sites that run shows, CSA does 4 a year, and tri star does 1 a year.

www.csashows.com

www.tristarproductions.com

i use a local shop, they are willing to take your stuff with them and get it signed for free for you, you just pay the normal fee charged by the player.. i assume they get a bulk rate and make profit, but face value cost to you makes this a "free" service...

www.denverautographs.com

the next show coming up is in santa clara, ca and is mostla SF based players... i am looking to send in a rice jersey or a NFL ball for jerry rice to sign...

i wouldnt mind a mike tyson either.. but not high on my agenda being as broke as i am..

here is the list:

We need all items on/before September 20. 

BARRY BONDS $275 8x10 or smaller, $300 16x20/bb, $375 bat/jerseys, $100 inscriptions
We are limited to 20 pieces on Barry Bonds and will sell out early! Order now!

Dwight Clark $50 any item, $25 inscription, $50 "Draw the Play" inscription
Roger Craig $50 any item, $25 inscription
Eric Davis $20 flats/minis/jerseys, $30 helmets
Vernon Davis $45 flat/mini, $60 premium, $25 inscription
Frank Gore $60 flat/mini, $75 premium, NO inscriptions
Garrison Hearst $35 any item
Brent Jones $35 any item
Ronnie Lott $60 flat/mini, $75 premium, $25 inscription
Kevin Mitchell $55 flats/bb's, $25 premium, $25 inscriptions
Marcus Lattimore $35 flat/mini, $50 premium, $25 inscription
Kevin Mitchell $15 flats/bb's/jerseys, $25 bats/bases
Michael Morse $55 any item, $25 inscription
Kasim Osgood $15 any item
Jerry Rice $125 flat/mini, $150 premium, $85 inscription
Bill Romanowski $35 any item, $45 helmets
Jesse Sapolu $20 any item
Mike Tyson $150 sm flat, $185 gloves/large flat, $285 belts, $50 insc (limit two)

RUN TMC Combo Price $100 on a flat, $125 all others, inscriptions $25 each
Tim Hardaway $50 any item, $25 inscription
Chris Mullin $50 flats, $75 all others, $25 inscription
Mitch Richmond $50 any item, $25 inscription

Call 303-462-1145 with any questions or drop off/mail your item to: DenverAutographs.com
14500 W Colfax Ave #383 
Lakewood, CO 80401

just got my balls back(ha) i sent in some special edition gold glove official MLB balls in, for johhhny bench and frank robinson, obviously frank is almost 80, so its a bit shaky, and i lucked out, johnny bench inscribed mine for free (usually costs extra) with 10x gold glove, probably because it was on a gold glove ball.. thanks JB!

JB:

[attachment=1449:10587916_10204619648074064_476231328_o.jpg]

Frank:

[attachment=1450:10605890_10204619646554026_139059011_o.jpg]

i also have a brandon phillips gold glove ball signed.. and a pete rose gold glove ball...

i have a goal of getting every living reds gold glove winner.. 

When I was a kid, my dad had a friend who was a photographer for the Dayton Daily News. I got a picture of Pete Rose and Hank Aaron sitting in the dugout together at an all-star game. I'm thinking I was in 6th or 7th grade which would have put that around 1975ish.

It's hanging up in the basement, haven't looked at it in years, hopefully it hasn't molded away...

When I was a kid, my dad had a friend who was a photographer for the Dayton Daily News. I got a picture of Pete Rose and Hank Aaron sitting in the dugout together at an all-star game. I'm thinking I was in 6th or 7th grade which would have put that around 1975ish.

It's hanging up in the basement, haven't looked at it in years, hopefully it hasn't molded away...

I for one would really like to see that... 

When I was a kid the Big Red Machine was the thing. Krogers had a promotion one year where you bought the 6 pack of Coke (16oz glass bottles at that time) and you'd get an 8x10 bw photo of one of the Reds. My grandma got all of them for me and then my grandpa took me down to Riverfront and we had seats right on the dugout. I got all of the pics signed. Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, Joe Morgan, etc... That was a time when they would sign things for fans and you didn't have to pay for it. So sad to see what has happened.

MULLY

From left to right, me, Hank, and Pete...

ox0XFd.jpg

...and I actually had to get the daughter to help me. The photographer was Bill Shepherd, if anyone from the Dayton area remembers him.

Very cool!   :41:

Thanks for sharing!

From left to right, me, Hank, and Pete...

ox0XFd.jpg

...and I actually had to get the daughter to help me. The photographer was Bill Shepherd, if anyone from the Dayton area remembers him.

very cool photo!

When I was a kid the Big Red Machine was the thing. Krogers had a promotion one year where you bought the 6 pack of Coke (16oz glass bottles at that time) and you'd get an 8x10 bw photo of one of the Reds. My grandma got all of them for me and then my grandpa took me down to Riverfront and we had seats right on the dugout. I got all of the pics signed. Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, Joe Morgan, etc... That was a time when they would sign things for fans and you didn't have to pay for it. So sad to see what has happened.

MULLY

they still will for fans, they stiff older folks, Aj green blew me off twice at camp, old white guy trying to get football still in package signed screams reseller... so i get it.. but it sucked...

the shows are hounded with dealers just trying to flip it and make a buck, so i get that too, i doubt jerry rice would turn down my kids on the street, or me on the street, but if what you have is worth money, you should probably charge for it, especially the guys who played before it was a huge payday..

• 2 weeks later...
I don't really collect anything but up in the man cave I have an autographed Rudi Johnson jersey, a card signed to me from David Fulcher that Rumble sent me, a pair of Bengals gloves signed by Fulcher sent to me by RayDoggBengal, and a pair of the pink Cancer Awareness shoes signed by AJ, Dalton, Maualuga, and Whitworth.....I think it's Whitworth. Haha!!
MULLY
I also have a number 3 billiard ball signed by Van Halen

I don't really collect anything but up in the man cave I have an autographed Rudi Johnson jersey, a card signed to me from David Fulcher that Rumble sent me, a pair of Bengals gloves signed by Fulcher sent to me by RayDoggBengal, and a pair of the pink Cancer Awareness shoes signed by AJ, Dalton, Maualuga, and Whitworth.....I think it's Whitworth. Haha!!
MULLY
I also have a number 3 billiard ball signed by Van Halen

Eddie, Al, Mike, and Dave....or Sammy or - Mike + Wolfy?

:ph34r:

Awesome site! I got a bunch of SI collection and try to get them autographed when I can. Recently got AJ at TC.       Also got Boomer, Icky, Rey Maluga, and Stanford Jennings on Superbowl 23 program.

Definately going to check out that site and see if they'll have athtletes I need to sign some SIs.

they still will for fans, they stiff older folks, Aj green blew me off twice at camp, old white guy trying to get football still in package signed screams reseller... so i get it.. but it sucked...

I would have never gotten AJ's at TC but for some reason a little blonde girl turned around and saw me standing there and she tugged on AJ's shirt and said Mr. AJ this guy has something for you to sign.  I couldn't believe it.

On the hunt for any Pete Browning memorabilia.  Especially old cigarette cards or autographs (authenticated).

Interesting stories about Pete Browning my grandfather told me.  Browning played for Louisville Cardinals/Eclipse and also the Reds, etc... 

18683341_117527768799.jpgpete+browning.jpg

ha ha.. my bad..

Just not my favorite Van Halen era...

Agreed, but, I feel worse for Gary more than anything. He really is a super nice guy. He would hangout with us every evening after soundcheck. Not a rock star attitude at all. Matter of fact, if it hadn't been for him that ball wouldn't have gotten signed. He took us up to the band's room and had got us access to the other guys for them to sign it.

MULLY

Archived