** Ongoing Sports collectibles/memorabilia thread **

GoBengals

• 2 weeks later...
Went to Reds fest. Awesome opportunity to get signed stuff.

Lucked out and got in a line without knowing Billy Hamilton was next to sign. Got an official ball signed.

Was going to buy one for $75, but got it free or the price of waiting in line.

FYI Reds fest is great opportunity to grab some autographs cheap.

i always wanted to do reds fest.. nice score on the hamilton ball. kids got a few cards signed by him at spring training.

just got screwed.. sent in a ball for Joe Morgan to sign, came back package got sliced open, ball is gone. insurance only covers $50 by default.. so im out a bit more.. auto was $60, shipping i spent $12, ball was $18... so im at $90 into it and will be lucky to get $50 from the USPS...

kind of pissed...

• 1 month later...

first autographed jersey framing attempt.. i think it turned out pretty good..

[attachment=1626:FullSizeRender.jpg]

used 30x40" black wood frames with UV plastic front, with coupon they were about $60/ea.. sadly the backing, since these re technically canvas frames, was brown, so i got black fabric to cover the backing..

in the middle of doing the larry bird one currently..

• 3 weeks later...

[attachment=1645:image.jpg]

got the burfict(asu), magic johnson, larry bird, and kenneth faried framed up..

gonna knock out the two palmers later today or tonight...

realized i dont have any signed baseball jerseys...

and i have a dennis rodman pistons out geting signed next weekend, and a julius erving getting signed in a month..

and a gang of jeremy hill stuff coming in 1-2 weeks that im sending off.. and an odell beckam "the catch" photo getting signed..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your basement is starting to look like a sports bar minus the booze and drunks. Besides the football, baseball, and basketball are you collecting any other sports stuff like horse racing or auto racing etc... ?

mostly the ones you mentioned and then movie posters as well, I have two, one is a blue mountain state poster, was a football tv show, they did a kickstarter for the movie, got a signed cast psoter, etc... the other is a comedians of comedy tour poster signed by david cross, zack galifinakis, and a few others..

never got much into auto or horse racing for whatever reason.. i dont know a ton about either sport.

love the green painting/print. Shawn Voelker local cincinnati artists did it.. he has about 15 other prints I want to get.. but the prints and frames would be like $700-800 total.. dont have that coin to drop...

i DO have a Barry Sanders signed game ball and a Barry Larkin signed throwback jersey, and a Patrick Ewing signed photo headed my way by months end...

• 2 weeks later...

mostly the ones you mentioned and then movie posters as well, I have two, one is a blue mountain state poster, was a football tv show, they did a kickstarter for the movie, got a signed cast psoter, etc... the other is a comedians of comedy tour poster signed by david cross, zack galifinakis, and a few others..

never got much into auto or horse racing for whatever reason.. i dont know a ton about either sport.

I love the Comedians of Comedy documentary. It's been fun watching Maria Bamford's career take off in the wake of that.

I love the Comedians of Comedy documentary. It's been fun watching Maria Bamford's career take off in the wake of that.

i watched it on netflix a while back, great as you mentioned.. just got the frame for the poster a few days ago while on vacation, i will post a pic when i get a chance.. looks good..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived