Lewis: Charles in 'dogfight' for H-back

If that's all he can be then move on.  Not room for roster spot on this team for just "above average" with Gresham and Eifert already on it.

I expect they move on from Charles this year, been a black hole of a roster spot for a couple years now.

How is it bad to have an above average TE as your third TE. Above average means better then half of the other TEs in the league. Your comment doesn't make any sense.

Problem is he's not even the 3rd string TE, the 3rd string TE is better than him.  Waste to carry him when he's already behind three TEs and those same guys (Eifert) are playing the H back position when it's called upon that Charls is designated as.  What's the point of his roster spot?

I don't thinks that as a complete package Smith is better then Charles. Hewitt? Remains to be seen. But as others have mentioned it isn't really between him and Hewitt it is between him and Smith because Hewitt would be the Hback/FB. So back to the first point I think Charles is a more complete TE

I agree, coming out of college Charles was considered to be a good TE prospect but I think he has been dealt a bad hand by being asked to switch positions. If you put Charles at TE and ask him to find holes in the middle of a defense and run seam routes he will definitely be able to do that. At this point I think him getting cut would be the best thing for his career as he can go to another team that better utilize his skill set. 

I could see him fitting in well in NE, replacing Aaron Hernandez. 

I could too that is why I think we could trade him rather then cut him.

Archived