ANOTHER unarmed man shot by cops

big_dish

As am I for you. I think Jamie is posting under your name in this thread and the Ferguson thread.

I'm trying to stay out of this forum and these threads though, because I realize the futility of it and I don't like it when I want to throat punch people who I used to like and respect. One thing I've learned posting and reading in here over the years, no one's mind is ever changed. You just get pissed off, and/or you piss people off.

But these are scary times and important issues, so it's hard to stay quiet. Luckily after following the threads, I don't even need to comment. I agree with everything big_dish and SF2 have said in the Ferguson thread. Sorry guys, that hurts your standing more than helps in here, but while staying on the sidelines, I feel guilty for not publicly throwing out some support.

side note;

I think everyone in here is an intelligent, "good" person with the best of intentions. It always amazes me how such polar opposite views can come from people who share those qualities. Jamie hates it when I say this, but perception is reality for each of us. We all feel like the "other side" is bat shit crazy, and our side is so obviously correct and righteous. Reality is usually somewhere in the middle.

I just can't let this go any longer. 

Don't be embarrassed for me. I am not the one feigning compassion over an unarmed person being shot

and acting like because he wasn't black that it somehow evens out the fucking Universe or something.

So I'm good. 

In case you all didn't notice, I am against anyone of any color being unarmed and killed by people that

are paid to protect us. Or unarmed people killed by people like George Zimmerman. 

Also, why do you think anyone but me is typing under my name? 

You haven't realized by now that I hate guns? You want to own them? 

Great. It doesn't make me look down on you though. One of my best friends in

Ohio has a stock pile of guns. I can accept that people don't share my views. 

Use to like and respect, huh? Throat punch? Wow. 

Also I think it is telling that you "feel guilty" for not throwing support their way.

But  I supported you and came to your defense over the "It's a Jungle out there" 

thread and I didn't agree with not one fucking thing you said. But I didn't like people calling

you a racist and shit. I was embarrassed for you then. But I never felt the need to

tell you that or pile on. I felt the need to come to your defense. Glad to see you have my back, friend. 

Hey, an unarmed black guy with the last name White was shot and killed while handcuffed.
Doesn't say whether the cop that "arrested" him was black or white or named Black or White.
And the cops lied about it. Does any of that matter? Is that OK? Everyone OK with that?
Anyone embarrassed of anyone else? 

Autopsy report: Victor White III shot in the chest, not back

Victor White III, the New Iberia man who State Police said shot and killed himself in March while in custody in the backseat of a sheriff's car, was shot in the chest, according to a report from the Iberia Parish Coroner's Office.

The Iberia Parish Coroner's Office has released only the first page of the autopsy report, which contradicts statements initially made by State Police who said White shot himself in the back while handcuffed in the back of a sheriff's unit.

According to the autopsy, the bullet entered White's chest, then perforated his left lung and heart before exiting his armpit area and lacerating his upper arm.

The report rules White's death a suicide.

State Police issued a release in March that said deputies were called to investigate a fight in the 300 block of Lewis Street and found White was allegedly in possession of narcotics. Deputies handcuffed White and took him to the Sheriff's Office for processing, but said White refused to exit the car when they arrived. State Police also said in their initial report that while the deputy was requesting assistance, White produced a handgun and shot himself once in the back.

White was later pronounced dead at a hospital.

Lt. Anthony Green, the Iberia Parish Sheriff's Office spokesman at the time of the shooting, said protocol calls for deputies to check suspects for weapons before they are placed into a police unit.

State Police Master Trooper Brooks David said the investigation is still open. He also told us that troopers did originially believe the gunshot's entrance wound came from the back, however following the coroner's investigation, it was determined the entrance wound was from the front.

David said State Police are still waiting on evidence in the case. He said he cannot comment further on the active investigation.

Check back with KATC for updates as this story develops.

http://www.katc.com/news/autopsy-report-victor-white-iii-shot-in-the-chest-not-back/

Ah, I see. So despite realities of a modern day situation, certain groups of people are not supposed to have a voice or draw attention to violence against said group, simply because history shows that another group was persecuted. So, in other words, shedding light on the hypocrisy of some people who act like any act of violence, justified or not, means an entire race of people do not care about the lives of that group is something that should never be broached because history has been kinder to one group and not the others? And in that, that by even mentioning the VERY REAL TRUTH that whites are victims of violent crime at a much larger pace than vice versa, makes me ignorant and you enlightened?

By all accounts, what you are saying is that racist remarks against whites is ok, and white lives truly dont matter compared to black lives because of history. But when the same remark is made against the black race, it is the most ignorant, vile and revolting thing to possibly say, because of history. You are saying that when a black life is lost to a white person, it is an act so atrocious that we should all question our humanity and feel ashamed of our skin color, because of history, and on the same token, that when a white life is lost, we shouldnt dare even speak of it, because that white life was owed death, because of history.

This is 2014. All lives are equal. Good job trying to shame people into being quiet so the country only speaks of your narrative instead of the realities of what is going on with all races.

unless you have some proof of a total of white vs black unarmed folks being shot and killed, then your supposed point of equality between the two acts isnt very relevant, let alone factual.  

i am white. i have seen far far far more black people be harassed and targeted while i have walked away scott free, even when i was the bigger criminal in the matter.. i dont know what rock you may have had to have lived under to think otherwise. 

it is 2014, all lives are not equal, never have been and never will be, any organ donor chart proves that, but thats obviousl not what we are talking about..

this is black vs white and unnecessary violence.  I know you cannot find a source proving white people are brutalized the same as black people... its just bullshit and inaccurate.

trolling at its worst.

I already knew he was hispanic. But in this forum, Hispanic is the exact same thing as white, for some reason. So there was no point in mentioning it.

I'm pretty sure that with the exception of Rubio and Cruz, most Hispanics don't think white people think they are white.

this is black vs white and unnecessary violence.  I know you cannot find a source proving white people are brutalized the same as black people... its just bullshit and inaccurate.

trolling at its worst.

What? I showed FBI and DOJ statistics in the Ferguson thread that show white people are at a MUCH higher risk of being brutalized than black than vice versa.

Sorry for not being sorry. It is fact.

I'm pretty sure that with the exception of Rubio and Cruz, most Hispanics don't think white people think they are white.

I live in Florida. I have a ton of hispanic friends and since moving here mainly have dated hispanic girls, because in general those hips dont lie.

I dont know a single one of them that would consider themselves white. I also dont know any white people that consider them white either. The point from that was that the ONLY time anyone of us had EVER heard of a hispanic person being called a white man- was to enflame the racial tensions of the Trayvon Martin situation. Thats it. It was ridiculous then, and ridiculous now when people who demanded GZ be called white, conveniently want to say "Oh no, hispanics arent white"

Sorry Jamie, this doesnt feed into your white people are the devil and wont let blacks be productive citizens narrative. How dare he talk about being productive and successful? How dare he say that the black community needs to confront the issues themselves? How dare he demand personal responsibility and to stop sitting around feeling sorry for themselves! Sounds pretty much like many of the things I've said in this forum over the years and get lambasted for.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/08/25/youve-lost-where-you-come-from-al-sharpton-has-harsh-words-for-the-black-community-during-michael-browns-funeral/

Rev. Al Sharpton had harsh words for the black community on Monday during the funeral for Michael Brown, the 18-year-old black man fatally shot by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri, earlier this month.

Sharpton said the “bad apples” must be taken care of within American police departments, but the black community must also be “straight up” about its own issues.

“Some of us act like the definition of blackness is how low you can go,” Sharpton said. “Blackness has never been about being a gangster or thug. … Blackness was, no matter how low we were pushed down, we rose up anyhow!”

“Blackness was never surrendering,” Sharpton continued. “Our pursuit of excellence. It was when it was against the law to go to some schools, we built black colleges and learned anyhow. When we couldn’t go downtown to church, we built our own. … We never surrendered! We never gave up.”

But Sharpton said that now that black people have attained positions of power, some act like “it ain’t ‘black’ no more to be successful.”

“Now you want to be a n***** and call your woman a ho — you’ve lost where you come from!” Sharpton said, as the audience exploded in applause. “We’ve got to clean up our community so we can clean up the United States of America.”

Sharpton said there is justifiable outrage that an 18-year-old was killed in Ferguson, but there should also be outrage by “our killing and shooting and running around gun-toting each other” in places like Chicago.

“Nobody going to help us if we don’t help ourselves,” he said. “Sitting around, feeling sorry for ourselves won’t solve the problems.”

Sharpton denounced the violent protesters, saying: “Michael Brown must be remembered for more than disturbances. He must be remembered for, ‘this is when they started changing what was going on.’”

“This is not about you!” Sharpton said to those who started looting after Brown’s death. “This is about justice. This is about sadness. And America is going to have to come to terms with, there’s something wrong! That we have money to give military equipment to police forces, but we don’t have money for training and money for public education and money to train our children!”

Sharpton spoke about the Brown family, saying they had to pause their mourning to “ask folks to stop looting and rioting.”

“Can you imagine?” he asked. “They’re heartbroken … and they have to stop mourning, to get you to control your anger, like you’re more angry than they are! Like you don’t understand that Michael Brown does not want to be remembered for riots. He wants to be remembered as the one that made America deal with how we’re going to police in the United States!”

You're an idiot if you think that's my narrative. The only person with a narritive going on right now is you, as evident by the fact that you tried to pawn off in the original post that a white guy got killed by a black cop.

Although didnt you just go on and on about Sharpton recently? Now that he says what you want to hear he's all of a sudden a good source?

You're an idiot if you think that's my narrative. The only person with a narritive going on right now is you, as evident by the fact that you tried to pawn off in the original post that a white guy got killed by a black cop.

Although didnt you just go on and on about Sharpton recently? Now that he says what you want to hear he's all of a sudden a good source?

Bullshit thats not your narrative. Every chance you get you try to tow the party line that blacks are helpless victims that cant do anything for themselves and its all because of the white man. Your narrative is spewed all over these pages, along with a few of your buddies.

I tried to Pawn off a white guy? I did? YOU and the people who share your views made it VERY clear that hispanics are white people. YOU and your idealogues force fed the country that narrative and created racial tensions because of your lies. This forum, being the bastion of liberal race baiting that it is- has determined that hispanics=white people. I only went along with what you are saying. I didnt make that shit up. You people did. Or does it only work when it allows you to make white people look bad in racial bias terms?

And yes, Sharpton has generally been a piece of shit, worthless race baiting, rabble rousing profiteer, who does nothing but hold the black race down with his liberal allies and for years has done everything he can to promulgate the idea, like you, that blacks are a lesser people and should always play the victim card. Thats why I dont like him. I think any black man, or hispanic, or white or asian can go out and have success in this country without wallowing in the victimization facade. But when someone like him FINALLY says something about the TRUTH within many black communities- its probably time to listen. And what he said this time goes against everything you say. You want them to feel sorry for themselves. You want to blame white people. You want to make excuses for not having responsibility. He is saying, finally - ENOUGH. And even though he has been an opportunist of epic proportions over the years, I think he knows a lot more about the black community than you do. He's just finally saying what needs to be said in order to actually lead people.

You still dont' get it

Or maybe you do and still wish to push some BS narritive that I can count on one hand and still have fingers left over on who believes it.

White privilege exists whether you choose to believe that or not doesnt change that fact. White guilt is a racist term, whether you choose to agree with that or not doesn't change that fact. 

And yes the fact that you use Sharpton when he says something you agree with is entirely telling, it's called confirmation bias,.

Sorry for bringing facts and all into this forum, maybe this video will clear some things up for everyone that doesnt pay attention to reality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGTUcS-yQtQ

Reality:  Wear a suit jacket or a cloak & pillowcase, the reality is I still know what I'm looking at.

i'm still waiting on the facts

Go ahead and prove what he said about violence is wrong. Disprove the video. Disprove the FBI. Show me where the epidemic of white cop/white people on black people violence is. You have all of the facts available to you and has been proven TIME AND TIME again, but you refuse to accept it.

There is no white cop murdering black man epidemic. In fact, I would say for they types of people (ALL people) and situations that cops have to deal with- the rate at which people are killed is incredibly miniscule.

But again, dont let facts get in the way of your vendetta.

A study cited by the federal Bureau of Justice Statistics shows that out of a reported 45 million face-to-face contacts annually between citizens and the police, fewer than 1 percent of those citizens reported any use of force. Of those who did report use of force, 74 percent self-reported that their own behavior instigated the force.

The most recent FBI crime report cites 410 people justifiably killed by police in 2011, the most recent FBI reporting period, 310 people killed by citizens acting in self-defense, and a 10-year average of 54 police officers killed in the line of duty. A study reported in 2012 in the FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin shows that 70 percent of police officers will face a deadly force decision an average of four times within a career. Just 20 percent shoot, and few kill.

Archived