What are you playing?

B.A.B.

Traded in Destiny earlier this week to get The Evil Within. Destiny was fun for about a week or two and then lost its playability. No story to brag about (to put it lightly). Never gave a shit about any characters. There's no major distinctions between classes, there's a minuscule level of customization, and the progression of higher level equipment is very undistinguished in appearance apart from colors. Leveling up and finding new loot/gear was an incessant and unrewarding grind. The time it takes to just reach Vanguard rank 2 so that you can buy some Vanguard gear is absurd. Also, why put such a low level cap when you're allowed to level past 20 anyway with gear containing "light".... past level 20 all the rare gear as a + to Light. And of course part of grinding for better equipment entails earning Vanguard points, which you earn in Strikes... like the same half dozen you'll end up playing time after time - What a bore. Bounties include nothing more than replaying missions from the campaign that you've already completed. I can't believe Bungie has the audacity to charge $35 the first DLC for an obviously incomplete, skeleton of a game that people already paid $60 for.  :boring: Blow me... what a disappointment of a game.

On to The Evil Within...I think the last REALLY GOOD survival horror game I played was the Resident Evil remake on Gamecube (which I had played after Resident Evil 4). The last legitimate scary game I played was probably Amnesia on PC. Outlast was ok, but lost its effect after you got used to the scripted A.I.

But anyway... Have only gotten to chapter 3 so far in The Evil Within. It plays a lot like Resident Evil 4, but seems more clunky in controls, ammo is much more scarce, and your character is nowhere near as capable as Leon from RE. So far, the similarities in the enemies from RE4 is almost identical a well. The story isn't very interesting so far (and is just downright vague), but I haven't progressed far enough to make any legitimate final judgement. Reviews have been down on that aspect of the game however, so I don't think I'll get my hopes up in that regard. As far as atmosphere and imagery though, I love it. Nothing like playing a good horror game in the dark with headphones in.

After I beat this, I'll likely do a swap with a friend and play Shadow of Mordor. Definitely looks fun and the reviews are great. Combat is supposed to be fluid like the Arkham games so that bodes well.

I wanted to play Alien:Isolation but may wait 'til I find a deal/price drop. Reviews are mixed, but a 20 hr. game trying to elude an unpredictable A.I. in the Alien seems stressful and might get old and repetitive pretty quick. I'd still like to give it a go at some point though.

For the remainder of the year I'm looking forward to Dragon Age: Inquisition, Lords of the Fallen, and Farcry 4.

On to The Evil Within...I think the last REALLY GOOD survival horror game I played was the Resident Evil remake on Gamecube (which I had played after Resident Evil 4). The last legitimate scary game I played was probably Amnesia on PC. Outlast was ok, but lost its effect after you got used to the scripted A.I.

But anyway... Have only gotten to chapter 3 so far in The Evil Within. It plays a lot like Resident Evil 4, but seems more clunky in controls, ammo is much more scarce, and your character is nowhere near as capable as Leon from RE. So far, the similarities in the enemies from RE4 is almost identical a well. The story isn't very interesting so far (and is just downright vague), but I haven't progressed far enough to make any legitimate final judgement. Reviews have been down on that aspect of the game however, so I don't think I'll get my hopes up in that regard. As far as atmosphere and imagery though, I love it. Nothing like playing a good horror game in the dark with headphones in.

Have you ever played the Last of Us? GREAT GAME . I suggest it if you're into those type of games. 

Have you ever played the Last of Us? GREAT GAME . I suggest it if you're into those type of games. 

I have! Got it the day it came out. The game was damn near flawless overall. Great characters and story-telling - that alone can be the difference in a great or bad game and Naughty Dog nailed it with TLOU. The emotion and depth of the characters was well done. The drama entailed in the story and characters elicited real reaction; it was like playing a movie (which is why they don't need to actually make one, IMO). When a game has a lasting impression as the TLOU did, you know it's a great game - one of my favorite recent-gen games, maybe second only to the Mass Effect trilogy.

The Evil Within has its moments so far I guess. I've been playing a lot of old shit though. Currently playing Final Fantasy 6

There's so many good games coming out, and with my limited time, my backlog is only going to get bigger. I'd like to go back and play some older stuff I haven't started or finished. I've yet to finish Arkham Origins. I got a decent RPG - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - on Steam a while back and haven't finished that. I still haven't bought the three DLCs to Dark Souls 2 and played those; same goes for the DLC to Outlast. I never completed The Witcher or even started The Witcher 2, and would really like to before the third comes out next year. I've got some independent games on Steam like one called Betrayer I've yet to start.

Wish I wasn't a grown-up and have to do stupid grown-up things and have responsibilities and have to go to stupid work 'n' stuff....

I have! Got it the day it came out. The game was damn near flawless overall. Great characters and story-telling - that alone can be the difference in a great or bad game and Naughty Dog nailed it with TLOU. The emotion and depth of the characters was well done. The drama entailed in the story and characters elicited real reaction; it was like playing a movie (which is why they don't need to actually make one, IMO). When a game has a lasting impression as the TLOU did, you know it's a great game - one of my favorite recent-gen games, maybe second only to the Mass Effect trilogy.

There's so many good games coming out, and with my limited time, my backlog is only going to get bigger. I'd like to go back and play some older stuff I haven't started or finished. I've yet to finish Arkham Origins. I got a decent RPG - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - on Steam a while back and haven't finished that. I still haven't bought the three DLCs to Dark Souls 2 and played those; same goes for the DLC to Outlast. I never completed The Witcher or even started The Witcher 2, and would really like to before the third comes out next year. I've got some independent games on Steam like one called Betrayer I've yet to start.

Wish I wasn't a grown-up and have to do stupid grown-up things and have responsibilities and have to go to stupid work 'n' stuff....

Hahaha seriously, man. And the Steam Sale will be here sooner than later so my backlog is gonna get even bigger.

I need to start finishing these games lol

Am I the only one who has been disapointed so far with the games on these next gen? I want something with a good story that I can really get into, and outside of Assisians Creed there really hasnt been much.

Destininy has been disapointing, think I'm going to trade that in.

Am I the only one who has been disapointed so far with the games on these next gen? I want something with a good story that I can really get into, and outside of Assisians Creed there really hasnt been much.

Destininy has been disapointing, think I'm going to trade that in.

Nah, you're kinda right. If you want story the next Dragon Age is coming out in like 2 weeks. My most anticipated game in years, honestly. I loved DA: Origins. I hope it delivers. Then we've got The Witcher 3 coming up early next year.

Might be a good time to get a Wii U honestly. Its got a bunch of games out/coming out. Bayonetta 2 is probably the game of the year and Super Smash Bros U comes out in a few weeks as well. The games are slowly ramping up brother

Nah, you're kinda right. If you want story the next Dragon Age is coming out in like 2 weeks. My most anticipated game in years, honestly. I loved DA: Origins. I hope it delivers. Then we've got The Witcher 3 coming up early next year.

Might be a good time to get a Wii U honestly. Its got a bunch of games out/coming out. Bayonetta 2 is probably the game of the year and Super Smash Bros U comes out in a few weeks as well. The games are slowly ramping up brother

DA, I tried to get into that and I know alot of people love it but it did nothing for me.

From what I can tell most of the good games arent coming out till next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived