What are you playing?

B.A.B.

Rust.  Another survival/postapoc game but no zombies or dinosaurs or zombie dinosaurs.  Just other real people.  Devious, ruthless people.  It's brutal but also kind of funny in a sick way. Lead dev guy is the Gary from Gary's Mod for Half Life, so the various "monuments" (special locations with better loot) have a real Half-Life look to them.  Still in Early Access but it's far enough along to where it's stable, relatively hacker-free, & you're not going to burn through all the content in a week. You can catch it on a Steam sale for 10-15 bucks.

Kind of a long-ish vid but skipping through it will show how the game actually plays better than the up-to-date trailers I found, though these graphics and some other minor crap are already out of date..

• 4 weeks later...

Got a copy of Witcher 3 and knocked it out during IT down period over Xmas/New Years. 

Next up is Fallout 4. Playing a little Mario Tennis/Yoshi's Wooly World before I dig into another 100+ hour game though.

I've also been putting some serious time into NBA2k16. I haven't played a basketball game in years. This one is awesome.

I haven't been able to stop playing Fallout 4.  Got a free digital download of Fallout 3 in my copy.  That one is next.

Ditto on 2k16.  I played that about 10x more than the COD I dropped a lot of money on.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started playing War Thunder. Free 2 Play WWII - Korean (maybe a bit later) technology MMO simulator. The aviation aspect is very well done with well fleshed out flight, physics and damage modeling. Doesn't seem too grindy or P2W. Having a blast in the tank mode as well, which has been recently added and despite some warts has a lot going for it. Overall a high quality offering and since it's free, WELL worth the look if you think you even might be interested in that kind of thing. As an old hat at flight sims (I like them as realistic as possible) I strongly recommend it.

Also just started diving into DOSBox (DOS/Win3 sandbox VM) and enjoying the HUGE selection of abandon-ware games. Some I love and some I never got around to playing. Also free so absolutely worth the time.

• 1 month later...

Currently playing through the Mass Effect Trilogy for the first time. Loved the first, about 3 hours into the second. The second feels a lot more like a shooter than an rpg but it's still pretty early on.

2 is the best of the 3

2 is the best of the 3

Yeah man that's what i keep hearing. I've played a little more, definitely feels like the combat is smoother, kinda wish they didn't change it to limited ammo though. I do like the fact that they didn't include the Mako in 2, that got really repetitive in the first game.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What was the name of that game that's been out for a little while now, everyone said it starts out pretty good, turns into a gear grind rather quickly. I went back about three pages, didn't see a reference to it. Sounds like something I could get into, thanks. 

• 4 weeks later...

Verdun is a pretty good game if jumping into a phosgene-filled trench armed only with a shovel sounds entertaining

Get it on sale though - game looks cool, great gameplay & has tons of atmosphere but for some fucked-up reason they built it around 32-player servers.  Now I'm no expert but I don't think the Battle of Passchendaele was 16 vs 16.  Still fun but it could've been so much more if they got the sense of scale right.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I havent been gaming much these days. Gonna upgrade my PC Black Friday, but I still run newer games with half medium, half high settings over 30 FPS. Gonna get more ram and a 1080 later. New monitor. Fuck around with some 4K.

But since we're talking games. Telltale's Batman series is pretty entertaining. Its kinda retelling a story but not really. Any Telltale fans may enjoy it. A lot of Bruce Wayne time. For those who have never played these games, they're more like interactive movies with some Mass Effect/The Witcher style decision making but just on a grander scale. Fun stuff.

2 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

I used to do the OOTP/STB shit online with AIM and AOL chat rooms with people across the country. God those were the days that I had nothing to do but get online play video games and "GM" a baseball team lol

I saw there were online leagues but tend to prefer my multiplayer gaming a little more action-oriented (and less of a commitment than a 2nd job)

Archived