How not to react when your child tells you that he's gay

oldschooler

1. That is not a Christian response (as in "what would jesus do?") to a child "coming out".  Sadly it is more common than it should be.

2. There isn't much real scientific evidence that people are "born that way".  If it were genetic, twin studies would show it, and they don't.

"word of God, Word of God, etc etc"

'You're full of shit!" (attacks own child physically).

"Genetic" and "born that way" are two different things, Jason - otherwise, explain same sex animals if it's a 'choice'...

May have just been the straw that broke the camel's back. Don't know how old the "kid" is but if he's over 18 or so, it's time for him to be looking for a place of his own. On his own means he's no longer subject to "house rules " and can do and play as he sees fit. Regardless of what sexual orientation this kid is, he's still blood relations and neither involved parties should deny one another.

For the "kid" to say he knew he was gay since birth is as ridiculous as the religious reasoning of the others. In other words, why should either of them be forced to change their views when both are within the legal limits of the law. Note: from the video I can't tell who did what other than the words I heard exchanged. Further note: I have heard and seen people who claim to have been assaulted and then proceed to assault the other person with the false impression that they are in the right because they accused the other person falsely first...

Archived