Zimmerman

Jamie_B

Some people just cant help themselves. I hope the guy, for the sake of someone else's saftey, seeks anger mangement.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/police-george-zimmerman-accused-threatening-driver/nhLmj/

Police: George Zimmerman accused of threatening driver

ORLANDO, Fla. —

Police said a driver has reported that George Zimmerman threatened to kill him after a confrontation on the road. 

Police are investigating two reports involving the driver and 30-year-old Zimmerman, who was acquitted last year of a second-degree murder charge for shooting unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford.

Police said that on Tuesday, the man called police after a truck pulled up next to him and the driver yelled, "Why are you pointing a finger at me?"

Police spokeswoman Bianca Gillett said the man recognized the truck driver as Zimmerman. The man said Zimmerman asked, "Do you know who I am?" and threatened to kill him.

Two days later, the man said he saw Zimmerman in his truck outside his work. He called police but declined to press charges. His name hasn't been released.

The thing is.. A lot of people thought he seemed that way since the trial.

When I first heard about him I figured he was an overzealous cop wannabe with some mental issues,  I took a lot of flack from the Zimmerman apologists

Now you cant find a Zimmerman apologist with a search warrant

When I first heard about him I figured he was an overzealous cop wannabe with some mental issues,  I took a lot of flack from the Zimmerman apologists

Now you cant find a Zimmerman apologist with a search warrant

Chicken or egg?

Not many of us would have the mental stability to be hated by the nation and receive death threats constantly. 

What is happening now doesn't change the facts of before. 

When I first heard about him I figured he was an overzealous cop wannabe with some mental issues

What has concerned me from the beginning & what I see as the larger issue is that Zimmerman represents a growing trend of vigilante "mall ninja" types that seem to think dropping a few hundred dollars on a handgun and some CQB classes from the khaki-clad "ex-SF operator" over at Suburban Discount Tactical makes them an authority figure.  Mix with adolescent hero fantasy and a little prejudice and you get some asshole following people into alleyways like a creep and then claiming self-defense when they caused a confrontation and started getting their asses kicked.

There's an epidemic of these disenfranchised angry guys running around just looking for an excuse to shoot someone and it sickens me.

What has concerned me from the beginning & what I see as the larger issue is that Zimmerman represents a growing trend of vigilante "mall ninja" types that seem to think dropping a few hundred dollars on a handgun and some CQB classes from the khaki-clad "ex-SF operator" over at Suburban Discount Tactical makes them an authority figure.  Mix with adolescent hero fantasy and a little prejudice and you get some asshole following people into alleyways like a creep and then claiming self-defense when they caused a confrontation and started getting their asses kicked.

There's an epidemic of these disenfranchised angry guys running around just looking for an excuse to shoot someone and it sickens me.

And it really doesnt help that you have a whole propaganda machine news network that stokes their fire.

LMAO no shit

I'll never forget the time I got green lighted at the Florence Mall waiting for my son at the front entrance,  he was telling me I have to move so I asked him if that was a green light,  he ordered me move now,   I said, is that really a green light?   aren't you embarrassed to turn on a green light?   he told me he was calling the police lol

And it really doesnt help that you have a whole propaganda machine news network that stokes their fire.

Yeah, for real.  I saw an old episode of Doomsday Preppers last night about a guy convinced a dirty bomb attack was coming.. In rural Utah.

For anyone paying attention, the bigger threat are these survivalist gun nuts themselves. Look at who these shooters are and there's a clear trend there.  I mean I own a gun and keep snacks, water, sleeping bag etc in the car but it's not something I spend a lot of time worrying about.

The problem with these doomsday/home invasion/etc scenarios is that if you've invested a great deal of time and energy into preparing for them you're going to feel like an asshole if it was all for nothing.  Consciously or not people start hoping it DOES happen.  Likewise folks training for some kind of mall attack or other "active shooter" scenario.  Join the military or the local PD if that's what you want to do with yourself..

• 3 months later...

That is true. And the facts were the word of a guy that pulls guns 

on people he loves against well, ... no one. 

This guy starts a lot of fights for someone who apparently felt his life was

endangered by an unarmed kid with a bag of candy.

Chicken or egg?

Not many of us would have the mental stability to be hated by the nation and receive death threats constantly. 

Exactly.  He was an unbalanced ass before, and now he's a murdering unbalanced ass!

That's so concerning isn't it? The millions of CCW permit holders running around all willy-billy just looking for some innocent people to shoot dead! Just millions of them everywhere, causing blood to run deep through the streets and mothers to tremble for their children. An epidemic, millions of citizens thick, that cause virtually zero harm to any innocent person. I'm shaking right now in fear.

What's not concerning is the thousands of murdering criminals each year that snuff out the lives of innocent people and ruin the lives of their families. That's not concerning at all. I wish people would leave them alone and just allow them to rape and murder. What's this world come to when an innocent, law abiding citizen feels his life is more important than an animal out to murder? Society is definitely going downhill.

I'm exceptionally concerned about the random few times a decade that a CCW holder is involved in anything questionable, and totally not concerned with the enormous number of violent criminals out there that kill hundreds to thousands of innocents each year.

Totally understand where you're coming from, my thug-life friend. Fight the power. A life is just a life- but your street cred will live forever.

Criminals? Why let the cops handle that when you can take care of them on your own!!!

Too mentally unstable to join even the smallest podunk town's police force?  Get a CCW!  All the power and none of the responsibility!

But don't listen to me, because obviously I am a thug gangster if I'm concerned with every angry needledick on the street running around armed with lethal weapons and a head full of old western movies & hero fantasies.

Archived