Zimmerman

Jamie_B

http://www.tmz.com/2015/05/12/george-zimmerman-shooting-unprovoked-road-rage-matthew-apperson-self-defense/

George Zimmerman was fleeing for his life when a man opened fire on his truck ... this according to Zimmerman's attorney who's calling BS on the shooter's claim it was self-defense.

Matthew Apperson admits firing one shot at Zimmerman's truck Monday afternoon in Lake Mary, FL -- and Zimmerman's attorney Don West tells TMZ ... George did nothing to set off the attack.

West says Zimmerman was driving down the highway when he noticed a car behind him flashing its headlights ... and when the driver stuck his head out the window to yell something -- Zimmerman recognized it was Apperson.

As we've reported ... Apperson and Zimmerman have a road rage history.

West tells us Zimmerman made the first available u-turn to get away from Apperson -- who also turned to follow him, and then pulled up on the right side of Zimmerman's truck ... and opened fire through the passenger side window.

As for Apperson's claim of this being a self-defense shooting -- West says his client NEVER brandished his weapon ... and cops confirm he never fired it either.

Zimmerman was treated for minor injuries at a hospital and released. He's cooperating with the investigation. Apperson has not been arrested.

And btw I dont think anyone DESERVES to be shot but this guy keep time and again causing problems, he got shot by the guy he threatened just months earlier with the "i'll fucking kill you" line

I have no sympathy for George Zimmerman, he's a sociopath and I dont know why anyone would continue to defend him

Cop shoots black guy who just committed crime and attached him=cop murderer

George Zimmerman gets shot at=he probably deserved it

You probably sent Zimmerman money for his legal defense...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/05/11/1384083/-George-Zimmerman-and-Matthew-Apperson-then-and-now

George Zimmerman was involved in another shooting incident today (although this time he's the one who got shot at).

There's a front page diary already up about this, but a key fact about the incident isn't included in that diary so I thought another diary highlighting that fact might be worth doing.

Because this is not the first incident involving George Zimmerman and Matthew Apperson. Their history apparently starts back on September 9, 2014, when Zimmerman angrily yelled at Apperson: 'Do You Know Who I Am? I'll F***ing Kill You'...

More details about Zimmerman's two (yes, two) previous encounters with Matthew Apperson below the orange sludge.

Here's a summary of the first encounter between the two, from a September 2014 Huffington Post article:

New details have emerged in an alleged road rage incident involving Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman.

On Tuesday [September 9], Zimmerman allegedly threatened a motorist's life during a road rage incident. Matthew Apperson, 35, said he was listening to music in his car when he was verbally assailed by two men in a truck at a stop light in Lake Mary, Florida.

Police spokeswoman Bianca Gillett told CWKMG that the man recognized the truck driver as Zimmerman. The man said Zimmerman, who was carrying a gun, asked, "Do you know who I am?" before saying, "I'll f***ing kill you."

Apperson placed a 911 call reporting the incident from gas station. The call can be heard in the video [which I can't figure out how to embed here, but is embedded in theHuffPost article]. Zimmerman was gone by the time police responded.

The story of Zimmerman's first encounter with Apperson was also covered by the NY Daily News:
George Zimmerman, who once shot dead an unarmed teen, threatened to kill another driver during a road rage incident in central Florida this week, police say.

“Do you know who I am?” the 30-year-old asked the man, identified by police as Matthew Apperson, during the incident Tuesday in Lake Mary, Fla., the driver told cops.

Zimmerman’s passenger asked Apperson why he was shaking his finger at their truck, Apperson told police.

But Apperson said he’d been listening to music with his windows rolled up in his Honda Accord and unaware of the gold Honda Ridgeline following him.

“I looked over - George Zimmerman was the driver - and they were threatening to kick my ass and to shoot me,” Apperson told a dispatcher. “I said, what are you going to do, shoot me? I’m not messing with you.”

The 35-year-old man pulled into a nearby gas station to call police and report the incident, during which he said the driver of the truck had been Zimmerman “for a fact.”

The truck followed Apperson “in an aggressive manner” into the lot and Zimmerman threatened to shoot Apperson “dead,” he told police. Zimmerman “peeled off” after Apperson went inside the store to call police.

But here's where it gets especially interesting. Because 2 days later (September 11, 2014) there was another incident involving Zimmerman and Apperson:
Apperson called 911 again two days later to report that Zimmerman was waiting outside his workplace. Police responded and interviewed Zimmerman, who told officers he was visiting a doctor’s office in the Waymont Court plaza.
Quite a coincidence! But George Zimmerman's life seems to be filled with coincidences...

George Zimmerman has a history.

You could even call it a record. 

I can't believe you people still engage Weston, or even reply to his nonsense.   Just makes me sad there are people in the world who think like this.  

It makes me sad that there are people in this world who don't think. 

When Zimmerman shot and killed an unarmed Trayvon Martin, the question was

"who was the aggressor?" Well after all the episodes he has been a part of since,

I think it is pretty easy to answer that question. 

This

I wonder how much of this is targeted, as Zimmerman is now an easy mark for any punk who wants to be aggressive. This thread is showing that even when he is shot at, people fall all over themselves to make him the bad guy and cite the incident as evidence he was guilty in the original shooting of Obama's son.

The guy has a tough road ahead of him.

Archived