Adrian Peterson Indicted on child abuse charges.

ColorChanginClique

BTW, Adrien just released a statement. I have a lot of respect for this guy and I know he didn't mean to harm his son

bullshit... what exactly did he fucking think he was doing when he railed on a four year old with a stick?

He may have thought he was doing it out of love, or that it was the right thing to do in the situation, but he sure as fuck MEANT to hurt that little kid

bullshit... what exactly did he fucking think he was doing when he railed on a four year old with a stick?

He may have thought he was doing it out of love, or that it was the right thing to do in the situation, but he sure as fuck MEANT to hurt that little kid

You have to understand also that he said that's how he was raised. It helped him become the man that he is today. He doesn't have a bad record with the law. He is realizing that he can change his ways and do it

without spanking so kudos to him. I believe that he deserves a second chance and I am not going to count him off. 

You have to understand also that he said that's how he was raised. It helped him become the man that he is today. He doesn't have a bad record with the law. He is realizing that he can change his ways and do it

without spanking so kudos to him. I believe that he deserves a second chance and I am not going to count him off. 

thats all well and good, but you're initial comment regarding him meaning no harm is bullshit

He meant to hurt him, and hurt him pretty badly. He absolutely meant to harm him.

His statement sounds very "coached". He's saying the right things because he knows he's in deep shit. I ain't buying his BS. The pictures speak for itself. One laceration may be "overdoing" it, multiple lacerations, including on the scrotum, are child abuse. No ifs and buts.

He can get a 2nd chance, but he needs a long time out to think about it and show he's mended his ways, not issue statement to say he's changed. Change like this doesn't happen overnight.

In my mind, he will be lucky if he doesn't end up in prison for a year or two. Remember, Michael Vick got a prison sentence for animal abuse, this could be deemed much worse.

thats all well and good, but you're initial comment regarding him meaning no harm is bullshit

He meant to hurt him, and hurt him pretty badly. He absolutely meant to harm him.

I am going by what he said. I understand that the kid did get hurt but you would want to only assume the best case not worst.

So I believed that he didn't mean to harm him and make him bleed. But that's the good in me wanting to believe that.

His statement sounds very "coached". He's saying the right things because he knows he's in deep shit. I ain't buying his BS. The pictures speak for itself. One laceration may be "overdoing" it, multiple lacerations, including on the scrotum, are child abuse. No ifs and buts.

He can get a 2nd chance, but he needs a long time out to think about it and show he's mended his ways, not issue statement to say he's changed. Change like this doesn't happen overnight.

In my mind, he will be lucky if he doesn't end up in prison for a year or two. Remember, Michael Vick got a prison sentence for animal abuse, this could be deemed much worse.

Micheal Vick was killing dogs. AP went overboard with corporal punishment it seems. Vastly different. AP has met with police twice without a lawyer to get things sorted out. What he did was bad for sure. 

What got Michael Vick in trouble wasn't that he was killing dogs.  What got Michael Vick in trouble was that he was running an inter-state gambling operation.  Sure the animal abuse was part of it, but people always want to sensationalize it and make it sound like he went to federal prison for killing dogs and it just is not true.

Yeah, you are an irresponsible MAN if you father multiple children out of wedlock with multiple mothers. I know it isn't politically correct to say it now but it is simply the truth.

You are not going to pretend a guy with 7 children with multiple women is a real father are you?

I'm also glad with the news that game out today that this happened in May and in May AP had already signed himself up with a psychiatrist and other counseling to help him correct this behavior and not put his kid in harms way again.  He has never once denied it, fought against it or claimed innocence. He has been upfront about it and doing what he can to correct it. That is all you can ask from someone so I'd say he is handling it well and trying to do the right thing not only for his child but for himself as well.

So...now its coming out he gave another one of his children a scar above his eye due to his discipline.  I'll wait to see if there are any pictures, but gotdamn man.  A spank and a timeout should probably suffice.

The kid is 4 years old. How many of you remember what you did at that age. Most of your actions at that age are instinctive and not malicious or intentional. To use physical punishment at that age is insane - it will affect nothing other than instilling fear. Once your child clearly can distinguish between right or wrong, I can see maybe using reinforcement -albeit never to this extent - on a child.

But 4 years old, over 30 bruises, marks and laceration, to the scrotum. Indefensible. I'm glad he's in psychiatric care, but he also needs jail time to think it over. Any one of us normal joe schmoe's would be in prison at least for a year if there were picture evidence like we have here. By the letter of the law, this is physical child abuse at it's core. There is no way to spin this.

We CANNOT and SHOULD not apply different rules to NFL players or celebrities. They need to be held responsible like the rest of us.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24711321/vikings-message-board-shuts-down-calls-teams-handling-of-peterson-cowardly

Vikings message board shuts down, calls handling of Peterson 'cowardly'

VikingsMessageBoard.com, which has been in existence since at least 2005, has shuttered its virtual doors for good.

Not surprisingly, this has everything to do with running back Adrian Peterson, who was released Saturday on $15,000 bond following his arrest for "reckless or negligent injury to a child." Specifically: beating his four-year-old son with a switch, leaving welts and bruises behind.

The Vikings announced Monday that Peterson would return to practice with the team and play this Sunday.

"Vikings Message Board has been shut down permanently. It will not return. There are two primary reasons.

"1. The Vikings cowardly decision to reinstate a child abuser and think that an apology will make this blow over. We will not stand for this arrogance and we will no longer be the home of any support of the Vikings. We stand for those who cannot defend themselves.

"2. We will not give a voice to thugs who think child abuse is "cultural" or worse, openly advocate child abuse as a reasonable method of punishment. This ends here. Yes, a few board members have ruined it for everyone. Congratulations, a--holes."

On Monday evening, a KHOU report alleged that Peterson was being investigated for a second child-abuse case, this time against another son, who is also four years old.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/17/adrian-peterson-deactivated_n_5833878.html

Adrian Peterson Deactivated, Ordered To Keep Away From Team As Vikings Place Him On Exempt List

The Minnesota Vikings have placed star running back Adrian Peterson on the Exempt/Commissioner's Permission list, essentially deactivating him, and ordered him to keep away from all team activities until the legal proceedings against him in a child injury case have been resolved.

The statement issued early Wednesday morning is a complete reversal from earlier in the week, when the team said Peterson would continue to practice with the team and play.

"After giving the situation additional thought, we have decided this is the appropriate course of action for the organization and for Adrian," the statement signed by team owners Zygi and Mark Wilf said.

"We want to be clear: we have a strong stance regarding the protection and welfare of children, and we want to be sure we get this right," the two wrote. "At the same time we want to express our support for Adrian and acknowledge his seven-plus years of outstanding commitment to this organization and this community."

The pair went on to say that they "will support Adrian during this legal and personal process."

Peterson was indicted on Friday in a child injury case in which he's accused of using a stick to discipline his son. He was released on a $15,000 bond.

While he was deactivated prior to Sunday's game, the team reinstated him on Monday.

The Vikings and the NFL have since come under heavy pressure from both sponsors and political figures to suspend Peterson. On Tuesday, Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton said the team should suspend Peterson. Senator Al Franken (D-Minn.) issued a similar statement.

In addition, the Radisson hotel chain suspended its partnership with the team, and Nike removed Peterson jerseys from stores in the Minneapolis area.

Anheuser-Busch, a major NFL sponsor, said it was "disappointed and increasingly concerned by the recent incidents that have overshadowed the NFL season," likely referring to both the Peterson incident as well as the Ray Rice domestic abuse allegations.

"We are not yet satisfied with the league's handling of behaviors that so clearly go against our own company culture and moral code," the statement said.

Other sponsors released similar statements.

Peterson's agent told the Associated Press that being placed on the exempt list was "the best possible outcome given the circumstances."

"Adrian understands the gravity of the situation and this enables him to take care of his personal situation," Ben Dogra, told AP. "We fully support Adrian and he looks forward to watching his teammates and coaches being successful during his absence."

Below is the full text of the statement released by the team early Wednesday:

Eden Prairie, MN (September 17, 2014) – This has been an ongoing and deliberate process since last Friday’s news. In conversations with the NFL over the last two days, the Vikings advised the League of the team’s decision to revisit the situation regarding Adrian Peterson. In response, the League informed the team of the option to place Adrian on the Exempt/Commissioner’s Permission list, which will require that Adrian remain away from all team activities while allowing him to take care of his personal situation until the legal proceedings are resolved. After giving the situation additional thought, we have decided this is the appropriate course of action for the organization and for Adrian.

We are always focused on trying to make the right decision as an organization. We embrace our role - and the responsibilities that go with it – as a leader in the community, as a business partner and as an organization that can build bridges with our fans and positively impact this great region. We appreciate and value the input we have received from our fans, our partners and the community.

While we were trying to make a balanced decision yesterday, after further reflection we have concluded that this resolution is best for the Vikings and for Adrian. We want to be clear: we have a strong stance regarding the protection and welfare of children, and we want to be sure we get this right. At the same time we want to express our support for Adrian and acknowledge his seven-plus years of outstanding commitment to this organization and this community. Adrian emphasized his desire to avoid further distraction to his teammates and coaches while focusing on his current situation; this resolution accomplishes these objectives as well.

We will support Adrian during this legal and personal process, but we firmly believe and realize this is the right decision. We hope that all of our fans can respect the process that we have gone through to reach this final decision. -- Zygi Wilf and Mark Wilf

Greg Hardy was also placed on the exempt list. In other words, they still get paid for absolutely nothing. Had any of those players been a fringe player they would have simply been cut. Same punishment for same offense is what it should be. NFL ... You got this really wrong.

i have a double opinion here..

1. i wouldnt ever hit my kid like that.

2. plenty of people do, and them and the kids live perfectly normal lives. doesnt make it right or wrong, but a lot worse shit is going on daily in homes everywhere... this isnt suspension worthy.. this SHOULDNT be news worthy... this is "hey.. you should probably take some parenting classes and maybe therapy if its how you were brought up...

lastly... i have had a million arguments when the ray rice thing happened... and i will have it again here...

punishing peterson also punishes this child and all of his children.. if he doesnt have millions coming in... neither do any of those kids or baby mommas..

banning ray rice is fucking stupid, now his wife aka the victim.. is now losing 20-30 million dollars... how is that just? what did that accomplish? is there a single woman beater in any sport that is going to stop all the sudden? fuck no... and now she is punished..

taking away a mans means to support his wife and/or children as punishment for something involving their wife and or children is idiotic and self serving. "see we did stuff, our hands are clean of this wife beater/kid hitter, we are good people.. see, look at us and how righteous we are"

its fucking bullshit... get them help.. that would be the right thing to do... charity work in that field, donations to those causes.. etc... do some real good instead of cover your own ass...its pathetic.

Except...when you break the law and commit felonious assault or child abuse and you're NOT a rich athlete...and your $40,000 a year job is taken away when you get convicted...is kinda how our society works. I just don't see how anyone that saw the Rice video or the pictures of Peterson's FOUR year old child could conclude otherwise. 

Both of them broke the law and are getting what they deserve. It should be no different for me, you or for them.

And this handwaving away "oh, that's how gramma used to beat me and I'm fine!" is a bunch of horseshit. We're supposed to be making progress as a society, not regressing, which is why debtor's prison no longer exists and why tolerance for homosexuality is where it is compared to 20 years ago, and why marijuana is becoming more socially acceptable...amongst a myriad of other societal issues...

Note: these players we're talking about haven't lost any money, they're STILL getting paid. Beat your child or wife and get arrested. Find out if you still get paid while you're consumed in a legal issue and NOT working. This wasn't a simple assault, it was an aggravated assault. It's not an indictment on those who discipline their children legally or get in an argument with their significant other. Stars, players, politicians, etc.... Need the same treatment as the average working person or something along those lines. IMHO.

Except...when you break the law and commit felonious assault or child abuse and you're NOT a rich athlete...and your $40,000 a year job is taken away when you get convicted...is kinda how our society works. I just don't see how anyone that saw the Rice video or the pictures of Peterson's FOUR year old child could conclude otherwise. 

Both of them broke the law and are getting what they deserve. It should be no different for me, you or for them.

And this handwaving away "oh, that's how gramma used to beat me and I'm fine!" is a bunch of horseshit. We're supposed to be making progress as a society, not regressing, which is why debtor's prison no longer exists and why tolerance for homosexuality is where it is compared to 20 years ago, and why marijuana is becoming more socially acceptable...amongst a myriad of other societal issues...

hitting my wife or spanking my kid with a branch would not make me lose my job... ever.. my job wouldnt even know it happened, and if they did, they wouldnt care... they are completely unrelated...

and none of the rest of what you said has any validity to anything i said or anything that is going on. its holier than thou nonsense.. if you got your ass beat as a kid, you are likely to be an ass beater.. as i ALREADY stated, that doenst make it ok, it simply changes the reasoning behind why, being a peice of shit for no reason and bing a peice of shit because you were raised to be a peice of shit ARE in fact different situations.. one is likely reversable and reversible in a manner that would be beneficial to many others...

as i stated.... it would be a much more beneficial to "the world" if you could flip rice and peterson into spokes persons for the causes instead of just ruining their lives and their families lives to no benefit to anyone... their careers are over, their families lost millions in support, and it didnt stop a single fucking person from doing what they did in the future.

if nfl players learned from examples being made of players.. no one would ever get arrested, drive drunk, beat a spouse or kid or rape anyone ever again in the league..

obviously not the case.

my point, which you completely ignored to go on some preechy bullshit rant... is that everyone makes mistakes, people do fucked up things.. this isnt a court room, these arent convictions, this isnt jail time, this is public opinion and negatively effecting peoples lives...

no one who wants to make examples of these athletes gives two fucks about anyone else involved... none of them.. 

make them the face of a cause or charity to help prevent this from happening to others.. if you keep ray rice and peterson in the league, fine them those 2-4-6-8 games you want to suspend them, give that fine money to whatever organization is set up to help and prevent the abuse... and you save 1 single woman from being beaten or one child from being beaten, its a million times better than simply ruining these dudes careers, which helps no one ever..

all the nfl cares about is looking like they give a shit, which they dont. and all the gawkers care about is feeling self righteous and patting themselves on the back for speaking out against the big bad men... which accomplishes nothing.

the nfl should man up and spin these bad situations into situations that could potentially save tens of thousands of women and/or children escape abusive situations.

everyone should step off the soap box.... ruining these players careers ruines a lot more lives than just theirs... and no one seems to give a shit about that...

hitting my wife or spanking my kid with a branch would not make me lose my job... ever.. my job wouldnt even know it happened, and if they did, they wouldnt care... they are completely unrelated...

and none of the rest of what you said has any validity to anything i said or anything that is going on. its holier than thou nonsense.. if you got your ass beat as a kid, you are likely to be an ass beater.. as i ALREADY stated, that doenst make it ok, it simply changes the reasoning behind why, being a peice of shit for no reason and bing a peice of shit because you were raised to be a peice of shit ARE in fact different situations.. one is likely reversable and reversible in a manner that would be beneficial to many others...

as i stated.... it would be a much more beneficial to "the world" if you could flip rice and peterson into spokes persons for the causes instead of just ruining their lives and their families lives to no benefit to anyone... their careers are over, their families lost millions in support, and it didnt stop a single fucking person from doing what they did in the future.

if nfl players learned from examples being made of players.. no one would ever get arrested, drive drunk, beat a spouse or kid or rape anyone ever again in the league..

obviously not the case.

my point, which you completely ignored to go on some preechy bullshit rant... is that everyone makes mistakes, people do fucked up things.. this isnt a court room, these arent convictions, this isnt jail time, this is public opinion and negatively effecting peoples lives...

no one who wants to make examples of these athletes gives two fucks about anyone else involved... none of them.. 

make them the face of a cause or charity to help prevent this from happening to others.. if you keep ray rice and peterson in the league, fine them those 2-4-6-8 games you want to suspend them, give that fine money to whatever organization is set up to help and prevent the abuse... and you save 1 single woman from being beaten or one child from being beaten, its a million times better than simply ruining these dudes careers, which helps no one ever..

all the nfl cares about is looking like they give a shit, which they dont. and all the gawkers care about is feeling self righteous and patting themselves on the back for speaking out against the big bad men... which accomplishes nothing.

the nfl should man up and spin these bad situations into situations that could potentially save tens of thousands of women and/or children escape abusive situations.

everyone should step off the soap box.... ruining these players careers ruines a lot more lives than just theirs... and no one seems to give a shit about that...

It's not a high horse with me. It's just a statement about how it is and how it should be.

Does your work allow time off work for jail time and if so, do they still pay you while you're in jail, court, lawyers office, etc... ? If so, are they still hiring ?

Note: if you hit your wife or kids it's an offense punishable under any state laws. Hit them with an item in your hand it is usually an aggravated assault. There are enough LE and lawyers here to explain the details. Even in the military there is an unbalanced approach to punishment. Officers and enlisted most certainly don't receive the same punishment for the same crime.

In closing, this is not about a high horse, it's about doing what is fair and balanced for all and not just the select few. Ask the fringe player if they still have a job after getting in some domestic issue like Peterson or Hardy or etc...

Archived