Any news on the injuries to AJ, Zeitler, Burfict and Thompson??

AJ reportedly had someone rubbing his toe BEFORE the game. When he was reportedly injured, he was seen walking around with NO visible signs it was bothering him. Even when he went to the bench, Green did not appear to have the suit and tie guys surrounding him with medical personnel. In other words, I IMHO think AJ could come back anytime the Bengals want him to.

AJ reportedly had someone rubbing his toe BEFORE the game. When he was reportedly injured, he was seen walking around with NO visible signs it was bothering him. Even when he went to the bench, Green did not appear to have the suit and tie guys surrounding him with medical personnel. In other words, I IMHO think AJ could come back anytime the Bengals want him to.

The sooner the better

Saw on Twitter from Richard Skinner (coverage guy with the Enquirer):

"Kevin Zeitler in a boot and using crutches to get around locker room. Doesn't look good."

Doesn't sound too good either. It'll suck to lose Zeitler too long; he's been much improved.

Marvin Lewis: A.J. Green doesn’t have long-term injury

Posted by Josh Alper on September 15, 2014, 4:03 PM EDT
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjAP

The Bengals improved to 2-0 on Sunday, but saw a player integral to their chances of continuing a winning streak leave the game with a foot injury.

Wide receiver A.J. Green suffered what is believed to be a strained ligament in his foot early in the Bengals’ victory over the Falcons and any absence from a player of his stature is cause for concern. It doesn’t sound like anyone in Cincinnati is overwrought, however.

Coach Marvin Lewis said Monday, via the team, that Green doesn’t have a “long-term injury.” Lewis didn’t elaborate on the nature of the injury or how short a term the team is looking at, however.

If Green doesn’t practice this week or play against the Titans, he’ll have a lot of time to get ready for their Week Five game against the Patriots because their bye will fall in between the two games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/15/marvin-lewis-a-j-green-doesnt-have-long-term-injury/

Bengals OG Kevin Zeitler on crutches and boot

By Josh Kirkendall @Josh_Kirkendall on Sep 15 2014, 3:44p 1

20120810_mje_sv4_200.0_standard_783.0.jp
Frank Victores-US PRESSWIRE

The Cincinnati Bengals starting right guard could miss up to a month after suffering a calf injury against the Falcons. He's moving around the lockerroom on crutches and a boot.

Cincinnati Bengals offensive lineman Kevin Zeitler left the stadium Sunday night, wheeling on a pair of crutches. The starting right guard suffered a calf injury during Cincinnati's 24-10 win over the Atlanta Falcons. With over two minutes remaining in the first half, Zeitler sealed the inside block to give Giovani Bernard room to score his four-yard touchdown.

According to Richard Skinner with the Cincinnati Enquirer, Zeitler is still using his crutches and is now in a protective boot.

@nkyskinner Follow

Kevin Zeitler in boot and using crutches to get around locker room. Doesn't look good

Despite the outward appearance, a boot doesn't necessarily suggest the severity of the injury -- most foot or leg injuries will require a protective boot to... you know... protect the foot, assist with the swelling or immobilize the foot.

Last year center Kyle Cook sported crutches and a boot after suffering a first-quarter foot injury during Cincinnati's regular season finale against Baltimore. Cook started the Wild Card game the next week. Burfict twisted his ankle during a November practice and wore a boot heading to San Diego (the regular season game). He led the team with 13 tackles and added a pass defensed and two quarterback pressures.

Or it could be more serious. Sports director Brad Johansen with Local 12 adds "from what I hear, he may miss a month." At least it's not a season-ender.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/cincinnati-bengals-atlanta-falcons-2014/2014/9/15/6153801/bengals-og-kevin-zeitler-on-crutches-and-boot

I say we start him next week but if we get a big lead (which we might get against TN) then take him out like we did to Taze this week.

I agree with this and think it should apply to Burfict and the D as well. Let them both sit until the patsies.

Wow, you guys are getting ahead of yourselves by thinking the Bengals don't need their best players to win games.  Do you honestly think the Titans are not capable of beating the Bengals? If guys are injured, they cannot go. But if guys can play. they need to play. They can rest during the bye week.

Wow, you guys are getting ahead of yourselves by thinking the Bengals don't need their best players to win games.  Do you honestly think the Titans are not capable of beating the Bengals? If guys are injured, they cannot go. But if guys can play. they need to play. They can rest during the bye week.

Sure the titans can beat the Bengals, but I doubt they will. That said I would still like to see Burfict and Green 100% healthy for the patsies game. I also think that it is more important to beat the patriots than it is to beat the tits.

Um everyone know the Titans can beat us. But Burfict got a concussion week one and wobbled off the field twice in week 2 after blows to the head. I'd rather sit him ( even if we lose ) than risk his health + career.

Word

Archived