Ben vs Carson

Oh well, your a dumbfuck so what does you opinion matter anyway?

Go back to you steeler site and get back in that circle jerk you are all performing on Ben. Get his cock out of your mouth, maybe you could say something intelligent if your mouth wasn't stuffed with cock.

You bunch of trailer park, white trash, cut off sleeve wearin' queers. Why can't you talk shit about any other team than ours? You're making yourself look real good, comparing yourselves to us, if your so goddamn great where are the comparisons to the partiorts, oh, thats right, they kicked your ass in the AFC title game. Shut the fuck up and when your team acutally has some room to talk then come back and run your fucking mouths, until then have fun comparing the steelers to the bengals, how pathetic, comparing a 15-1 to a 8-8 team....yeah...that willl make you look better every time, quit taking the pussy way out of covering up that your QB fucking sucks, has always sucked, and will always suck. He's trash, A bust, worthless, ass pirate.

Go back to your "special" class and learn how to be a retard but not act like one.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='mongoloido' date='Jul 25 2005, 07:23 PM']Show me one stat that I have given that is not verifiable on nfl.com. After that, show me absolutely anything in your posts that involves more than opinion and vague reference. Man it's dumb trying to argue points with people unable to debate a topic on it's merits. I'm done with you and this thread.
I thought I made it clear that Carson showed steady improvement over his final games of the season. Aside from a great game against the Ravens, Ben played poorly and threw more interceptions than touchdowns in 4 of his final 5 games. We aren't talking about just the playoffs or 1 or 2 games. 4 of his last 5 games had Ben playing poorly. So no, it is absolutely nothing like picking Palmer's worst performance of the year, because his worst game was september 29th against the Baltimore Ravens. Ben's worst game was December 12th against the New York Jets. Carson improved at the end of the season, throwing more TDs than INTs in 5 of his last 6 games. Ben finished his final 6 games throwing more TDs than INTs only twice.
Rothlisburger was listed as "questionable" for the Buffalo game with a rib injury (he did not play). After that, there is no mention of ANY injuries in his profile. If the injury isn't important enough to even list as making the player "probable," I don't buy it as an excuse at all.
Rothlisberger : [url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/6770/injuries.html"]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...0/injuries.html[/url]
If you're curious, the site kept tabs on all the other players with injuries throughout the playoffs.
I honestly don't mean this as a flamewar insult, but: You really need to learn how to defend your own positions and attack other people's positions. You're not performing well in any aspect of the debate process.
Until the next thread, I think I'm done on this topic. Adieu
[right][post="119273"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

I noticed this post got passed over. :roll:

[quote name='TheWretchedMass' date='Jul 26 2005, 07:35 AM']Oh well, your a dumbfuck so what does you opinion matter anyway?

Go back to you steeler site and get back in that circle jerk you are all performing on Ben. Get his cock out of your mouth, maybe you could say something intelligent if your mouth wasn't stuffed with cock.

You bunch of trailer park, white trash, cut off sleeve wearin' queers.[b] Why can't you talk shit about any other team than ours?[/b] You're making yourself look real good, comparing yourselves to us, if your so goddamn great where are the comparisons to the partiorts, oh, thats right, they kicked your ass in the AFC title game. Shut the fuck up and when your team acutally has some room to talk then come back and run your fucking mouths, until then have fun comparing the steelers to the bengals, how pathetic, comparing a 15-1 to a 8-8 team....yeah...that willl make you look better every time, quit taking the pussy way out of covering up that your QB fucking sucks, has always sucked, and will always suck. He's trash, A bust, worthless, ass pirate.

Go back to your "special" class and learn how to be a retard but not act like one.
[right][post="119439"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

This is a bengals site....why come here and talk shit about anyone else....well except for the Browns....

I am glad to see that you do not try and worry about stats or anything factual and just spout off stupid bullshit about Ben and Steeler Fans in general....plus talking shit about another team beating the Steelers....when your team actually wins a game against them...then you can talk....

Oh, and the "special" class is on summer break....we get off until September.....

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='CoolieMan' date='Jul 26 2005, 07:49 AM']when your team actually wins a game against them...then you can talk....
[right][post="119460"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

The Bengals have won 29 games against them...

And even if they hadn`t won any...we could still talk shit.
I mean ...YOU have done as much to beat the Bengals
as WE have done to beat the Steelers...

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Jul 26 2005, 10:10 AM'][b]The Bengals have won 29 games against them[/b]...
And even if they hadn`t won any...we could still talk shit.
I mean ...YOU have done as much  to beat the Bengals
as WE have done  to beat the Steelers...
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img]
[right][post="119466"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

You know I meant recently....like last season.....

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='CoolieMan' date='Jul 26 2005, 08:14 AM']You know I meant recently....like last season.....
[right][post="119470"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/7.gif[/img]

Yeah way to stack the deck in your favor.
If we have to wait until the Bengals beat
the Steelers [b]LAST[/b] season to be able to talk shit...
well...I think we are in for a loooooong wait. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/45.gif[/img]

:roll:

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Jul 26 2005, 04:16 PM'] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/7.gif[/img]
Yeah way to stack the deck in your favor.
If we have to wait until the Bengals beat
the Steelers [b]LAST[/b] season to be able to talk shit...
well...I think we are in for a loooooong wait.  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/45.gif[/img]
[right][post="119687"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

don't expect to beat then this season either......

[quote name='CoolieMan' date='Jul 26 2005, 05:21 PM']don't expect to beat then this season either......
[right][post="119723"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Why the fuck not?? bus is broken.... Ben's sophmore slump... Lost kendall bell and plax.... I dont think anyone is scared of the burgh this year

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='CoolieMan' date='Jul 26 2005, 03:21 PM']don't expect to beat then this season either......
[right][post="119723"][/post][/right][/quote]

Oh but I do...

I think we will be IMPROVED...and the Steelers
will REGRESS.

We had the Steelers on the ropes in BOTH games.
If not for our own mistakes ...we would have at least split
with them. And that was with 18 players on IR.

Admit it...the Bengals played the Steelers tough both games.
And it took hours for your asshole to unpucker. :P

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Jul 26 2005, 05:43 PM']Oh but I do...

will REGRESS.

[b]And it took hours for your asshole to unpucker.[/b]  :P
[right][post="119741"][/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

[quote name='Diamond Dave' date='Jul 25 2005, 03:53 PM']Yes, bruised ribs and and injured foot. What lame excuses.

I'll remember this stance the next time I hear about the Bengals OL and Palmer having injuries last year.
[right][post="119100"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i think the only excuse big ben might have is that nobody has taught him how to throw a spiral yet.

[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Jul 26 2005, 04:26 PM']Why the fuck not?? bus is broken.... Ben's sophmore slump... Lost kendall bell and plax.... I dont think anyone is scared of the burgh this year
[right][post="119724"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

They still have troy and joey thats a mini version of ray and ed

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Jul 26 2005, 04:43 PM']Oh but I do...

will REGRESS.

And it took hours for your asshole to unpucker.  :P
[right][post="119741"][/post][/right][/quote]

Twice Palmer had chances to win games against the Steelers and both times he messed up against the Steelers. Close losses don't mean anything.

Maevin Lewis quote,"We're not going to accept mediocrity. If we accept getting close, if we accept leading in the first half, we're not going to get any better. We're not going to accept that."

But the Bengal fans will. :rolleyes:

[quote name='mulepower' date='Jul 27 2005, 01:18 AM']Twice Palmer had chances to win games against the Steelers  and both times he messed up against the Steelers. Close losses don't mean anything.

Maevin Lewis quote,"We're not going to accept mediocrity. If we accept getting close, if we accept leading in the first half, we're not going to get any better. We're not going to accept that." 

But the Bengal fans will. :rolleyes:
[right][post="119990"][/post][/right][/quote]

No what we accept is that it takes time to get Marvin Lewis type players in here to do what he has visioned, he also said give him 3 years, this is year 3... we can talk about that progress and expectations after this year.

[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Jul 26 2005, 04:26 PM']Why the fuck not?? bus is broken.... Ben's sophmore slump... Lost kendall bell and plax.... I dont think anyone is scared of the burgh this year
[right][post="119724"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

You guys thought the Bus was broken last year and he had yet another 100 yard game against the Bengals.

Kendrell Bell played a few games last year.The Steelers won when Plax was hurt last season. Noone is scared of the Bengals thats for sure. You're team isn't physical enough to be "scary".

[quote name='mongoloido' date='Jul 25 2005, 08:23 PM']Show me one stat that I have given that is not verifiable on nfl.com. After that, show me absolutely anything in your posts that involves more than opinion and vague reference. Man it's dumb trying to argue points with people unable to debate a topic on it's merits. I'm done with you and this thread.
I thought I made it clear that Carson showed steady improvement over his final games of the season. Aside from a great game against the Ravens, Ben played poorly and threw more interceptions than touchdowns in 4 of his final 5 games. We aren't talking about just the playoffs or 1 or 2 games. 4 of his last 5 games had Ben playing poorly. So no, it is absolutely nothing like picking Palmer's worst performance of the year, because his worst game was september 29th against the Baltimore Ravens. Ben's worst game was December 12th against the New York Jets. Carson improved at the end of the season, throwing more TDs than INTs in 5 of his last 6 games. Ben finished his final 6 games throwing more TDs than INTs only twice.
Rothlisburger was listed as "questionable" for the Buffalo game with a rib injury (he did not play). After that, there is no mention of ANY injuries in his profile. If the injury isn't important enough to even list as making the player "probable," I don't buy it as an excuse at all.
Rothlisberger : [url="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/6770/injuries.html"]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...0/injuries.html[/url]
If you're curious, the site kept tabs on all the other players with injuries throughout the playoffs.
I honestly don't mean this as a flamewar insult, but: You really need to learn how to defend your own positions and attack other people's positions. You're not performing well in any aspect of the debate process.
Until the next thread, I think I'm done on this topic. Adieu
[right][post="119273"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

First,i'm still waiting for Bengal fans to counter what i said about Carson on the Steelernation thread and not use silly yawns but they can't because there isn't any way to disprove it.

Its funny you want to use the last five games to determine who's better and using TD/Int ratio to further your argument. I guess we can't split it up into the first eight games and the last eight games for Ben. If we did it comes out 9 TDs and 9 int.

The final five games

Jax- Roethlisberger was 3 of 4 for 39 yards on the winning drive, and the one incompletion was a spike after he calmly let the clock run down to avoid giving the Jaguars much time for a march of their own. He finished the night 14 of 17 for 221 yards and two touchdowns and had a passer rating of 158, just three-tenths of a point from perfection.

NYJ- Ben didn't play well except at the end of the third quarter and the 4th quarter. The two touchdowns scored in the game by the Steelers were largely in part to Ben and they occured late in the game. On one drive that started at the Steelers 20,Ben went two for two for 47 yards.On the game winning drive starting from the Steelers 31,Ben went two for three for 52 yards. Remember Plaxico wasn't playing.

NYG-Ben hit five passes of 34 or more yards,all without Burress. Pittsburgh was down by 1 in the 4th quarter and like usual Ben had a good 4th quarter going 5 out of 6 for 74 yards. He didn't have a bad game despite throwing only 1 TD to two int.

Ravens-a good game but he got hurt after a late hit. The Steelers were already playing without six injured regulars then Roethlisberger got hurt and cornerback Deshea Townsend (broken right hand) left during the fourth quarter. Ben came back to complete two more passes but "He grimaced every time he threw it."

Playoffs a different story.

You guys are downplaying Ben and thats fine but something you haven't considered.

The Steelers were 6 and 10 in 2003. The Steelers were 15 and 1 in 2004. The Steelers only made two aquisitions of significance in the offseason and actually only one figured to be a factor. They were Duce Staley and 33 year old CB Willie Williams. Oh thats right,Ben was drafted.

So what was the difference in the 2003 team and the 2004 team. Who made that difference? Duce Staley started the first seven games but then got hurt and wasn't much of a factor the rest of the year. Chad Scott got hurt the sixth game and the 33 year old CB Willie Williams played very well but only got 1 int.wherein Scott averages a couple more picks a year.Maddox went down in the second game and Ben took over. Face it,Ben was the biggest difference betwen the 2003 Steelers and 2004 Steelers and there is no way in getting round that. These wasn't a lot of changes.

Our Pro Bowl NT Casey Hampton goes down in the sixth game and a guy who has never played in a game starts the rest of the season. Kendrell Bell had a injury that keeps him out of most of the games where Larry Foote starts in his place. At FS,the Steelers replaced released Brent Alexander with Chris Hope. Hope is better in coverage,hits harder but not much of a ballhawk. Alexander had 15 picks in four years with the Steelers,never less than three in a season and Hope had one in 2004. Polomalu replaced Logan at SS and made a big difference. Our starting RG went on IR before the season so we had UDFA Keydrick Vincent replace him.

Ben was the biggest difference and had to do with the turnaround more then you'll ever know.

[quote name='mulepower' date='Jul 27 2005, 03:11 AM'][b]Ben was the biggest difference and had to do with the turnaround more then you'll ever know.[/b][right][post="120036"][/post][/right][/quote]
I think the Steelers have a great coach, and THAT is what made a difference last year...their starting QB goes down, they lose to the Patriots, everybody's down, great, here comes the rookie, let's just hand it off...then they start winning, Cowher gets them to believe in themselves, they have a great defense and a good oline for their two good RB's, the snowball effect happens where they started to feel invincible, especially after narrowly winning several games (all this DESPITE Ben, not BECAUSE of him--the guy really wasn't asked to do too much other than to not lose games with silly mistakes, which, to his credit, he didn't), Ben is capable enough to make some clutch 3rd down throws to move the chains...
...and when the playoffs hit, Ben's biggest weakness is exposed---he doesn't read defenses very well, either because he was a rookie or because he isn't very good at it, or both.
That's my view of last year.
I think Carson is going to have an excellent season, and Ben is going to continue to struggle somewhat within the passing game. The Steelers best player has been and still is Hines Ward.
Even IF he cries sometimes.
:lol:

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='mulepower' date='Jul 26 2005, 11:18 PM']Twice Palmer had chances to win games against the Steelers  and both times he messed up against the Steelers. [right][post="119990"][/post][/right][/quote]

I could have swore I said that. Is there an echo in here ?

[quote]Close losses don't mean anything.[/quote]

Thanks for the info ...:roll:

[quote]Maevin Lewis quote,"We're not going to accept mediocrity. If we accept getting close, if we accept leading in the first half, we're not going to get any better. We're not going to accept that." 

But the Bengal fans will. :rolleyes: [/quote]

Who the fuck is Maevin Lewis ? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//23.gif[/img]
Anyway Bengals fans accept mediocrity just as much as Steelers fans.
If the Bengals are mediocre...it doesn`t make us stop being fans.
Just like it didn`t it stop you from being a Steelers fan in 2003
when your Steelers SPLIT games with the Bengals and had the 6-10
record...

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Jul 27 2005, 07:30 AM']I think the Steelers have a great coach, and THAT is what made a difference last year...their starting QB goes down, they lose to the Patriots, everybody's down, great, here comes the rookie, let's just hand it off...then they start winning, Cowher gets them to believe in themselves, they have a great defense and a good oline for their two good RB's, the snowball effect happens where they started to feel invincible, especially after narrowly winning several games (all this DESPITE Ben, not BECAUSE of him--the guy really wasn't asked to do too much other than to not lose games with silly mistakes, which, to his credit, he didn't), Ben is capable enough to make some clutch 3rd down throws to move the chains...
...and when the playoffs hit, Ben's biggest weakness is exposed---he doesn't read defenses very well, either because he was a rookie or because he isn't very good at it, or both.
That's my view of last year.
I think Carson is going to have an excellent season, and Ben is going to continue to struggle somewhat within the passing game.  The Steelers best player has been and still is Hines Ward.
Even IF he cries sometimes.
:lol:
[right][post="120054"][/post][/right][/quote]

Good post.........except for the "we have a great coach" part.  Also, our loss last year was to the Ravens in week 2.

Cowher simply cannot get it done at playoff time.  We lose to inferior teams entirely too often. but.....that is a debate for another day.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Jul 27 2005, 07:41 AM']I could have swore I said that. Is there an echo in here ?
Thanks for the info ...:roll:

Who the fuck is Maevin Lewis ?  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//23.gif[/img]
Anyway Bengals fans accept mediocrity just as much as Steelers fans.
If the Bengals are mediocre...it doesn`t make us stop being fans.
Just like it didn`t it stop you from being a Steelers fan in 2003
when your Steelers SPLIT games with the Bengals and had the 6-10
record...
[right][post="120056"][/post][/right][/quote]

Lets try to avoid the subject by getting cute. :rolleyes: Your head coach,Marvin Lewis, said those statements after yet another Steelers loss.

I said that on another thread. Its not copying you. Its not your exact words either.

Actually you accept mediocrity because its the Bengal way of life and the Steelers have been far less mediocre. Congratulations for finishing above the Steelers in 2003 for the first time in twelve consecutive seasons.

I noticed not one thing about the biggest difference between 2003 and 2004. Thats because its Ben and no Bengal fan has an answer for that. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]

I don't know why you Steeler fans don't think you have a good, if not great, head coach.
Maybe his playcalling (especially in the playoffs) can be suspect at times, but his skill as a motivator (and with that cash-register-looking jaw of his, I'd guess he motivates with fear :lol: ) is undeniable, and that is what I truly believe resulted in the Steelers overcoming early obstacles, including starting a rookie QB, and finishing with a 15-1 record. Which I guess means bollocks if you don't get to the Super Bowl.
I have a distinct feeling that there are going to be some VERY interesting AFC North games this season...
And if I were you, I wouldn't get too smug about the Bengals being the same-old, same-old.
Marvin has turned over our ENTIRE roster in two years and amidst rookie QB's, major injuries and poor run defense has managed two 8-8 records. Great? No. Impressive? Yes, if taken into context against how literally miserable the Bengals really were for so very, very long. We have an extremely potent offense right now, with one of the best and most cohesive offensive line units in the league, and have vastly improved our defense via draft and acquisitions. And marvin is a "D" type of guy. But he's also patient and a realist when it comes to building a team in that it takes time.
You guys had your shot last season. This season it's our turn.
Just wait and see.
:)

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='mulepower' date='Jul 27 2005, 07:28 AM']Lets try to avoid the subject by getting cute. :rolleyes:    Your head coach,Marvin Lewis, said those statements after yet another Steelers loss. [right][post="120067"][/post][/right][/quote]

Yet another ? The Bengals are 29-41 against the Steelers.
That includes the lost decade. Way to go ! :roll:

[quote]I said that on another thread. Its not copying you. Its not your exact words either.[/quote]

Uggghhhh ....OK :huh:

[quote]Actually you accept mediocrity because its the Bengal way of life and the Steelers have been far less mediocre.  Congratulations for finishing above the Steelers in 2003 for the first time in twelve consecutive seasons.[/quote]

Like I said....Bengals FANS accept it just as much as Steelers FANS.
You act like YOU had something to do with the Steelers winning
and WE had something to do with the Bengals losing. <_<

[quote]I noticed not one thing about the biggest difference between 2003 and 2004. Thats because its Ben and no Bengal fan has an answer for that. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img] [/quote]

How about Bettis having a ressurgence ? How about Troy Polamalu
having a break out year ? How about your Defense being
ranked 9th in 2003 and improving to 1st in 2004 ? How about
your Offense being ranked 31st in rushing in 2003 and improving to
#2 in 2004 ?

The Steelers had the 14th ranked passing attack in 2003.
[url="http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-PASSING/2003/regular"]http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-...NG/2003/regular[/url]
22nd overall Offense in 2003.
[url="http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-TOTAL/2003/regular?sort_col_1=4"]http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-...ar?sort_col_1=4[/url]

The Steelers had the 16th ranked overall Offense in 2004.
[url="http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-TOTAL/2004/regular?sort_col_1=4"]http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-...ar?sort_col_1=4[/url]

They were 28TH IN PASSING OFFENSE.
[url="http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-PASSING/2004/regular?sort_col_1=8"]http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-...ar?sort_col_1=8[/url]

And 27TH IN PASSING ATTEMPTS...
[url="http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-PASSING/2004/regular?sort_col_1=4"]http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/OFF-...ar?sort_col_1=4[/url]

But you want to act like the only difference between 2003 and 2004
was Roethlisberger and he is the ONLY reason for the improvement ? :blink:

Ugggghhh.... OK [img]http://www.imagemagician.com/images/nebsmak/emotes/nut.gif[/img]

Old Schooler,the 2003 Steelers team and the 2004 Steelers team are basically the same team. There were only changes at the SS,FS position. The other starting positions replaced were because of injury. Ben was the biggest difference on the 2004 team. Bettis started due to injury.

Any stats you throw up i know about already. There is nothing about the 2003 and 2004 Steelers you can tell me thats new.

They went from 6 and 10 to 15 and 1.Saying Bettis and Polamalu was why and downplaying Ben as the main reason is hilarious.

The defense was because of Lebeau.

You just don't want to accept that Ben,because he is in competition with Palmer,had more to do with the Steelers winning record.

Its everybody but Ben right LMAO. The 2003 team was much different with most of the same starters.

Archived